Sweet Pink's Journey from 'Tubby Tummy' to 'Yummy Mummy' & all the bits in between!!

7st Shiny :wow: you must be so pleased.
Well done on working so long and so hard :clap:

Put on this week 1.5lbs but we know deep down why that happens so picked myself up and carried on.

Tried a little run walk yesterday but DH doesn't want me to do it since I had a double hip replacement :eek: so only did run 1 min walk 1 min 4 times. Feel good today with no aches from the running so maybe will do a bit again next week.

B'day on sunday so plan a few treats (DD is making pavlova for me :drool:) so rest of the week trying to keep low synage.

Thanks Lynda

I'm sure your dh is just concerned that you dont hurt yourself and end up in pain. Take it easy though & listen to your body & don't overdo things. I think its fabulous what you are managing having had a double hip replacement!!! truly inspirational!!!

Happy birthday to you for sunday too. Did you know that pavlova is syn free for birthdays??? Just 1 portion mind but enjoy :D My eldest dd will be 6 on monday so we are having a wee cake for her which I will enjoy a small slice of. I'm not really a cake person thankfully so its not too much of a challenge!!!:eek:

Have a great weekend & dont worry that 1.5lb will be history before you know it!! :)

Well I'm back & I'm back on track so time to resurrect this diary. I had a wee break as I was feeling very frustrated with my weight constantly STS despite being on plan & although I didnt go mad (apart from the week over Christmas) I know I have put on a wee bit of weight but that now my head is in the right place to hopefully carry on loosing. It also made me realise just how 'poo' I feel when I'm not eating the right things. It was amazing that my body was almost crying out for healthy food!!

Anyway I am going to weigh in on friday morning as usual & change my stats so that I can get my journey well & truly on the road again.

Todays food goes as follows

Red Day

BREAKFAST -
35g porridge (HeB)
200ml semi skimmed (part HeA)
handful of grapes

LUNCH
Lean Bacon
Scrambled Eggs (made with 50 ml semi skimmed - rest of HeA)
Banana

SNACK
mullerlight
alpen light - 3 syns

TEA
Gammon, eggs, SW chips in skins

SNACK
Choc mousse - 3 syns
Velvet crunch - 4 syns

I have a green day planned for tomorrow

Hi Sweet

Good to see you back :)

Will you be back in the Kettleworx thread?? It's so much busier than when we used to be there, Kron should get herself some commission!

Well done on getting back on track, will be nosing in you thread for top tips xx

Yeah I'm planning to start kettleworx again next week. I had injured my shoulder lifting boxes when I had just a couple of days left before I finished round 2. Had the bells out yesterday though for a little play & it seems to have held up ok so fingers crossed. Just heading over to the thread now for a bit of a catch up :D. How have things been going for you?

sweet pink said:
Yeah I'm planning to start kettleworx again next week. I had injured my shoulder lifting boxes when I had just a couple of days left before I finished round 2. Had the bells out yesterday though for a little play & it seems to have held up ok so fingers crossed. Just heading over to the thread now for a bit of a catch up :D. How have things been going for you?

Not too bad..... Haven't done the bells for a while so I started again on Tuesday with the dreaded cardio..... Am still in agony today lol, got resistance tonight. Also picked up a cheap treadmill so giving c25k another go as I seem to get to week 3 and stop.
Be good to see you back in the thread, especially as we will be restarting together :)

Not too bad..... Haven't done the bells for a while so I started again on Tuesday with the dreaded cardio..... Am still in agony today lol, got resistance tonight. Also picked up a cheap treadmill so giving c25k another go as I seem to get to week 3 and stop.
Be good to see you back in the thread, especially as we will be restarting together :)

I am dreading week 1 cardio already!!! :eek: Great that you are restarting too & that I have a bit of company. I'm tempted to break myself in gently with core this afternoon.. bit of a cop out I know!!! lol

I havent been running since the clocks changed but plan to get going again with that in Spring coz I really miss it. It was my little escape!! :eek: I have a cross trainer at home which I do go on occassionally but its just not the same & I get bored on it very quickly.

I've just had porridge 2 days in a row now & am wondering why on earth I havent had porridge as my HeB before now??? :confused: Not only does it solve my problem of struggling to use my HeA but its sooo filling in comparison to All Bran plus its nice & warm on these cold mornings!!

Today I am doing a green day which I am growing to enjoy as it feels like a nice comfort food day. I have a huge pot of vegetable soup on which smells great so I'll be having it for lunch... & maybe supper if I'm peckish!! Then for tea I'm going to have chicken & mushroom pasta & sauce with peppers & sweetcorn... not maybe the most exciting but its tasty & filling so I cant really go wrong with it on a green day. I keep saying that I must try quorn so that is on my list of things to buy next time I'm at tescos so I can maybe make my green days a bit more adventurous. Snacks wise I dont need anything mid morning as the porridge keeps me full until lunch.

Green day

BREAKFAST
35g porridge (1xHeB)
125 mls semi skimmed (1/2 HeA)

LUNCH
Homemade veg soup
mullerlight

SNACK
Alpen Light (1/2HeB)
Banana

TEA
Chicken & Mushroom Pasta & Sauce
125 mls semi skimmed (1/2HeA)
Peppers
Sweetcorn

SNACKS
Alpen Light (1/2HeB)
Velvet Crunch (4 syns)

At the minute thats all I have but I have 11 syns left for whatever takes my fancy. Hopefully I can convince hubby to nip in somewhere to get some choc mousses on the way home & that will account for at least 3 more syns ;)

Anyway I'll update any syns later but at least thats all my healthy extras accounted for.

Well I know I dont post much over the weekends but weekend I managed to stay 100% on plan!!! Actually I have been 100% everyday (New Year included!!) since 29th December & the 'shoe fund' is gradually increasing!!! I'm not sure if I told you or not that as suggested by my wonderful hubby that for everyday I am 100% on plan I put £1 in a money box. I'm a huge fan of irregular choice shoes so I'm saving for my next pair!!!! :D

anyway back to today... yet again I am doing another green day. I seem to be doing quite a few of them lately but they are keeping me full & keeping me on track & tonight I am even sampling Quorn peppered steaks for the first time. I have really no idea what to expect but I'm kind of hoping that I like them coz they certainly sound nice ;)

Anyway today goes as follows

Green Day

Breakfast
35g porridge oats (HeB) made with 100ml semi skimmed (part HeA) & 100ml water

Lunch
Chicken & Mushroom Pasta & Sauce made with 150ml semi skimmed (part HeA) & the rest water with peppers & sweetcorn
Mullerlight & satsuma

Snack
Banana & 2 Alpen Lights (HeB)

Tea
SW chips & Quorn peppered steaks
mullerlight

Syns
Wotsits 5.5
choc mousse 3

So that healthy extras accounted for plus 8.5syns so still a few left over just incase :eek:

Hi sweet pink, I love your diary, just read it right through and must say you've given my the inspiration to get back on plan. I have been mostly 100% since New Years Eve and have just started kettle bells ( i did training at my gym in december) 3 times a week. I have done 4 this week so off to a good start:)!
I've hoping to lose the sone and a half I've put back on since going sw alone last January. I am also a huge fan of irregular choice shoes (i have 6 pairs now) I might pinch your £1 per day 100% reward if you don't object :cool:. Sounds like a great way to keep on plan.
Keep up with the diary it's a fab read.

Hi sweet pink, I love your diary, just read it right through and must say you've given my the inspiration to get back on plan. I have been mostly 100% since New Years Eve and have just started kettle bells ( i did training at my gym in december) 3 times a week. I have done 4 this week so off to a good start:)!
I've hoping to lose the sone and a half I've put back on since going sw alone last January. I am also a huge fan of irregular choice shoes (i have 6 pairs now) I might pinch your £1 per day 100% reward if you don't object :cool:. Sounds like a great way to keep on plan.
Keep up with the diary it's a fab read.

Ooooh 6 pairs!!!! I am sooooooo jealous coz I only have 4!!!! :jelous: Honestly though I wish I had thought of the £1 a day thing before coz there is nothing that has kept me on plan like it!!!! Even the fat pic on the fridge has come down & been replaced by a pair of shoes!!!!! lol

Have you found the kettlebell thread on the fitness & exercise forum??? Its fab

Well today I am having an Extra Easy day though an extra easy it most definitely is not!!! :eek: Firstly I am bunged to hilt with a nasty cold (passed on by my youngest dd) but not to be defeated & despite struggling to get out of bed & do the school run I battled on (helped by a few flu plus & a sugar free red bull) & done kettleworx week 1 cardio!! Now I know the other times I have done the programme that week 1 cardio was an absolute killer but this time it didnt seem too bad so I'm not sure whether it was the cold numbed my pain (& believe me I am still suffering from week 1 resistance) or the combination of flu plus & red bull gave me a bit of a boost!!!! :D

Apart from that 20 minute burst of energy this morning though my energy levels have been pretty much non existant so foodwise everything is being kept simple.... porridge for breakfast, pasta & sauce for lunch followed by an apple & satsuma & tea tonight will be cooked by my dear hubby & will be cottage pie... completely SW friendly & complete comfort food!!!! :D Healthy extras have been accounted for by breakfast & syns wise today I havent a clue but there are velvet crunch in the cupboard & choc mousses in the fridge so that might be as good a choice as any!!!! Either way I have 15 syns & the way I feel today I could take or leave them... at this very moment going straight to bed would probably be preferable to all of the above!!!

Anyway hopefully everyone else is feeling better than me today & I will do my best to update again tomorrow :eek:

I just had to post this fab little dessert I made. Dead simple & totally scrummy.... & the best part... only 1.5 syns!!!! :D

I found a raspberry sugar free jelly in the fridge this afternoon so decided to make it thinking it would be nice & cool on my poor sore throat!!! There were raspberries in the fridge so I thought I would chuck them in too. I divided it into 3 little dishes & left them to set.

When they had set (& the kids ate one :mad:) I mixed some 0% total greek yoghurt with a sachet of white choc options & a teaspoon & put it on top of the jelly topped with a little raspberry which made it look really pretty. Anyway it was nice & simple & a bit of a change from a choc mousse... even better there is one left for tomorrow :p

Hiya your new pud sound scrummpy. I have a few sugar few jellies kicking about i'll have to try it.
I had 2 new pairs of irregular choice for Christmas (bless my sister and husband)
I only had my 1st pair last January so i'm doing really well so far :553:
I've not see the kettle bells link. I'll have to see if I can find it.

The batteries on my scales have failed so I've not weighed myself since before Christmas. I'm tempted to leave getting a new one until the end of the month so I can have chance to get back on track. However, seeing the number going down each week might inspire me. Humphf.

Hope you feel better soon

Hi Sweet Pink
Great to see you back on here and doing so well.

I luuvv my 0% Greek yoghurt & White choc options it so creamy and real treat.

Well today I am feeling slightly better but more poor eldest daughter is now ill. Bless her she isnt a great sufferer at the best of times but shes been up most of the night so is tired as well as ill.

Today has ended up being an unplanned emergency green day basically because its simple & I can use up a few of the bits & pieces lurking in the cupboards :eek:

Breakfast was porridge which I am really starting to love (cannot believe I have been on SW as long & am only discovering porridge now!!!)

Lunch was homemade veg soup which was absolutely scrummy followed by my 2nd little dessert from yesterday :D

Afternoon snack (or 3.30 munchies as it should be renamed!!! ;)) was 2 alpen lights & a mullerlight

Tea will be a chicken & mushroom pasta & sauce with peppers & some sweetcorn

Syns will be Velvet crunch (4), choc mousse (3) & of course the 1.5 from my dessert earlier so 8.5 in total leaving me a few emerency just incase ones!!!!!:eek:

Savageunicorn, I love your thinking regarding the scales!!!! I have threatened to evict mine is they are unkind to me tomorrow!!!!!

Lynda, great to hear from you. I cannot believe I havent tried the 0% with white choc options before!! I have done it with the belguim choc one but it never occured to me to try the white!!!:eek: I have a thing for white choc & raspberries so it definitely hit the right spot!!!! just wish muller would invent a white choc & raspberry mullerlight.... syn free of course :rolleyes:

Well this morning was weigh in morning & after my naughty weigh in on Tuesday morning I was a little worried (naughty scales showed 3lb up despite being 100%) but thankfully they showed 0.5lb loss!!!! :D not a huge loss I know but at least it was a loss. I am blaming starting kettleworx as the last time when I initially started my weightloss stalled BUT the inch loss was amazing so I am carrying on as I need to loss the inches as much as the lbs maybe more so as its the inches you lose that people see & its the inches that determine clothes size etc. Maybe that sounds a very vain way of thinking but under all that it does make me feel good knowing not only that something looks good on me but it also feels good & then there is the fitness aspect too.

All in all I am pleased that its a loss though as it is disheartening to see a gain when you know you havent deserved it & it can dent the motivation which I have to say at the minute is higher than ever :D

Speaking of KW I done week 1 core after weigh in this morning & thoroughly enjoyed it!!!! I actually cannot believe that is week 1 over already!!! Afterwards I treated myself to a nice SW friendly cooked breakfast. I'm actually still full from it (I did have it a little later than normal) so I might just have a fruit salad or something light for lunch. Tea tonight will be gammon eggs & SW wedges with a small side salad which I am looking forward to. I actually hate salad but will force myself to eat it with a large glass of diet coke!!!! You never know it might be like the green tea & actually grow on me ;)

Syns wise I have used 1 on flora light this morning & the others I plan to use on 1/2 kinder bueno (I adore these so me & dd split one every friday) which is 6 syns & a packet of Velvet crunch at 4 syns:D

Anyway I'm sure you all know by know at how rubbish I am at updated my diary over the weekend so if I dont check in before Monday I hope everyone has a lovely weekend :)

Well its monday & time to update my diary. I stayed on plan over the weekend with 2 green days!! I cannot believe how many green days I have not only been doing lately but how much I have been enjoying them!!! :D

Well today I'm going for a little change & having an EE day!! After I got 2 of the kids dropped off at school & got the little one settled & done KW week 2 resistance. Both other times I have done this one I have really enjoyed it & the 20 minutes seemed to go pretty fast too (I'm hoping Wednesdays cardio goes as quickly!!) I know it sounds strange but I can already feel my body stronger & feel that I am standing up taller. 2 of the moves that are my favourites in this session are the one legged floor touch & the side leg pulses. I like them for 2 reasons... firstly they are different & they concentrate on balance (which I am actually good at) & secondly I know from previous experience that I will really feel a nice burn in the butt & hip area tomorrow so theres got to be a bit of essential toning going on!!! :eek: My aches & pains from last week have eased off too so hopefully I have worked through the most of the pain of restarting again.

Anyway as I said before today is an EE day & breakfast was a bacon & egg sandwich made with lean bacon & 2 slices of WW wholemeal bread (HeB) followed by an apple.

Lunch is baked salmon, wholemeal rice & veg followed by a mullerlight

Afternoon snack will be a mullerlight & a cup of green tea with lemon (poo :rolleyes:)

Tea will be a lovely SW friendly cottage pie which I am soo looking forward too.

Syns at the moment are 1 of the kids chicken dippers that I pinched which I think are 1.5 syns & velvet crunch at syns. I will probably use my HeA to make a lovely creamy mug of options before bedtime too so that will account for it plus another 2 syns.

I will update if there are any changes throughout the day :D

Well today was the dreaded cardio day so after dropping the kids off to school I grabbed a sugar free red bull to give me a little boost!!! ;) It definitely worked coz I breezed through the cardio with my 7.5kg KB & found it all fine apart from the holds which were tough but I was determined not to give in so I really felt the burn with that one!!! After I finished I put on the fast abs dvd from the set & done it too. Maybe I should have a little 'boost' before every session!!! lol

I do KW before breakfast so after I had finished it was lovely to sit down to a bowl of porridge & a banana.

While I was working out I had a lovely big pot of homemade vegetable soup on for lunch. I've just had it & it tastes every bit as good as it smelt earlier. Along with that I'm having a mullerlight & an alpen light

3.30 munchies will be an apple, mullerlight & alpen light & tea tonight will be either pasta with veg or quorn peppered steaks with SW chips (depending whether hubby can find them in tescos on the way home!!!)

I'm actually feeling great today after my exercise & definitely feel a lot more energetic after it (which is a good job with 3 kids to run after!!)

Syns today will probably be the normal velvet crunch (4), choc mousse (3) & an options (2) so thats 9 syns for today.

I'm seriously impressed that you're using a 7.5kg KB! Those holds are killer aren't they?! I can't always hold my arms out straight for all of it so will bend for a little break and then extend them again. Are you on round two of KW?

I'm seriously impressed that you're using a 7.5kg KB! Those holds are killer aren't they?! I can't always hold my arms out straight for all of it so will bend for a little break and then extend them again. Are you on round two of KW?

Hi Caroline,

I'm on my third round though I injured my shoulder in the autumn time so had to have a bit of a break. I started using the 7.5kg for the last week of round 1 & then done round 2 with it but when i started back after a break I used the 5kg initially just to be on the safe side. The one handed stuff is a killer with the 7.5kg & I can almost feel the tears running down my cheeks when I'm doing the KB hold. I can never see myself going any heavier but I guess you never know further down the line. Just build it up slowly & you'll get there too but dont rush it either coz good form is more important than weight :)

Back