Sweet Pink's Journey from 'Tubby Tummy' to 'Yummy Mummy' & all the bits in between!!

Well I weighed in this morning & lost 4.5lbs!!!! I'm still in shock as the scales havent been that kind to me lately but finally they are catching up with the inch loss!!!! :D

That also means I have reached a couple of my mini goals such as getting into the 13 stone bracket & getting my bmi under 30. Also as a nice wee extra I got my 6 stone shiney :D

So I have an EE day planned for today & exercise wise I'm going for a jog later (C25k week 8 day 2 :)) & if I have time this morning I'm going to have a go at the bonus dvd that came with the kettleworx set 'Fast Fat Burn'. It sounds painful but only lasts 10 minutes so we'll see ;). I'll let you know how I get on later

WOOHOO! Sweet that is absolutely brilliant! You must have been absolutely thrilled when you saw those scales!

I'm so pleased for you - you really deserve it! xxx

WOOHOO! Sweet that is absolutely brilliant! You must have been absolutely thrilled when you saw those scales!

I'm so pleased for you - you really deserve it! xxx

I just hope it wasnt a fluke. I'm always nervous for the next week after a good loss!!!:sigh:

I had to work away at a trade show today so had to take a slimming world friendly packed lunch with me which always baffles me a bit so hats off to all of you that have this down to a tee :eek:

I had an early start so decided to take my normal breakfast with me. Then for lunch it was cous cous with bacon & some fruit. I had an alpen light (my 2nd Hxb) in the afternoon as my snack along with a piece of fruit. Other than setting up & dismantling the stand (heavy work) I didnt get any other exercise today. I was late home so it was a pasta & sauce with peppers for tea.

Synswise I had Velvet Crunch (4), aplen light (3) & choc mousse (3) so not a bad day considering I'm completely out of my comfort zone.

Thankfully a nice relaxing day at home with the kids tomorrow though :D

Just been reading a bit of your diary and am really impressed with the amount of exercise you've been doing. It seems, from a few diaries that I've read, that anyone losing decent amounts of weight and steadily is putting a lot of effort into exercise - far more than simply walking a bit more each day/week.

I tried my first zumba class today and have bought the shred level 1 video (need some hand weights) and want to do something really active like that six days a week. What made you choose the kettle bell workout? Is kettleworx a dvd or game or something else?

Anyway, good for you - deserve your loss this week!

This is the kettleworx programme that I'm using Kettleworx Essentials KettleBell Package | Online UK Store - As Seen on GMTV I had been toying with the idea of the shred as I really wanted to work on toing & so many friends have had fantastic results with it but am not a huge fan of exercise dvds. Then I was browing on the fitness & exercise forum on minimins when I stumbled across this thread http://www.minimins.com/fitness-exercise/219703-secret-shaping-up.html (well worth a read through) It appealed me over the shred even though its still an exercise dvd because I felt that I was learning a skill & once I became more familiar with the moves that I could build on the weights I was using & I wasnt limited to doing them in front of the TV (I prefer working out outside) The one thing that I did like with the kettleworx programme was that timewise it was 20 minutes 3 times a week & I knew I could manage that without sacrificing my jogging & without it feeling too much of a slog.

Even though it was expensive there are 18 different workouts on the 3 dvds. 6 core, 6 cardio & 6 resistance as well as 3 on each of the bonus discs which last 10 minutes fast abs & fast fat burn.

I always think that the exercise I do sounds more than it actually is if you know what I mean. I run 3 times a week which from I leave my front door until I get back lasts 40 minutes each time & then I do the kettleworx 3 times a week for 20 minutes a time. So all in all its really only 3 hours exercise a week. I have friends who spend that in the gym in one session but with 3 young kids that just wasnt an option for me. Plus there would be the cost of gym fees, fuel & the time it takes to travel to it.

Sweet pink - thanks so much for such a detailed reply. I've just read all the way through Kron's kb thread - it's inspirational. Somewhere at the back of my head is a bloke (yeah yeah - isn't there always) who I would like to see me and have his jaw drop when he sees me at how fit I am. At the moment, I know I'm not even on his radar. And at the moment, I'm am simply not fit ... just working on it.

Have ordered the set of DVDs and am on my way out now to Argos for a visit.

Wow SP just read this diary right the way through what a fantastic achievement well done you. Are you doing SW at a class or going it alone? I have kettle bells used for propping the door open at the moment (sigh) time to dust off the DVD I think

wow what a brilliant weight loss, what an inspiration you are !!! have seen you post about weekly sins few times, im assuming thats adding your daily totals together is that right? x

Sweet pink - thanks so much for such a detailed reply. I've just read all the way through Kron's kb thread - it's inspirational. Somewhere at the back of my head is a bloke (yeah yeah - isn't there always) who I would like to see me and have his jaw drop when he sees me at how fit I am. At the moment, I know I'm not even on his radar. And at the moment, I'm am simply not fit ... just working on it.

Have ordered the set of DVDs and am on my way out now to Argos for a visit.

Glad you found the thread & have ordered the set. You'll definitely not regret it!!! keep us all posted on how you're getting on. I done week 5 core this afternoon & cannot believe I have only 1 core left now!!! :eek: When I finish I plan to do the programme again with a heavier kettlebell :eek::eek: well thats the plan anyway!!!

Wow SP just read this diary right the way through what a fantastic achievement well done you. Are you doing SW at a class or going it alone? I have kettle bells used for propping the door open at the moment (sigh) time to dust off the DVD I think

I do SW completely from home with the help of minimins of course. Going to class would have been virtually impossible & I did look at joining online but thought it was a bit expensive for what it was. I'll have been doing it for 1 year at the end of august & its just become a way of life now.

Get those DVD's dusted off & get yourself a proper doorstop!!! lol I cannot believe the difference kettlebells have made to my shape in such a short space of time!!! I've even got abs now!!!!! :D

wow what a brilliant weight loss, what an inspiration you are !!! have seen you post about weekly sins few times, im assuming thats adding your daily totals together is that right? x

Some people use their syns weekly rather than daily by having up to 105 over the space of a week rather than 15 a day. I personally use my daily on a use them or lose them basis which I prefer. I guess its all down to personal choice & so long as youre still losing weight its not a problem which way you chose. My reason for using them daily is that I think for me its much easier to stay on plan & much easier to not feel deprived. I also think that it teaches me moderation by allowing 15 a day rather than saving them up & having a binge. I suppose its easier for me as having 3 young children means I dont often get a night out & even a meal out is a luxury but if I do go out for a meal or have a special occassion that I know wont be on plan then I just draw a line under it immediately rather than cutting back & feeling deprived the rest of the week. I hope that meakes sense :)

Just came online to tell you all what a lovely tea I had & how naughty it tasted despite being low syn (1/2 per portion!!!) Sticky chicken & paprika potato slices... my mouth is watering just thinking about it!!!!

I cant remember where I read the recipe (might have been an old SW mag) but for the sticky chicken I mixed 3tbsp honey with the same of soy sauce & the same of balsamic vinegar & marinaded the chicken. Then I sprayed a pan with frylight & let it simmer & cook until the chicken was cooked through & nice & sticky. It was almost slightly blackened if you know what I mean. For the potato slices I scrubbed & pricked the potatoes & microwaved for 5 minutes. Then sliced & sprinkled with smoked paprika & baked in the oven for about 20 minutes. It was absolutely lush!!! Definitely one for the menu again!!!! :D

Right... I'm away to spend a few syns...Velvet crunch here I come!!!!! hehe :D

Hi SP, You have done really well but could I please ask you a cheeky question, tell me to mind my own business if you dont want to answer. At what weight did you start C2K and Kettleworx? Im now thinking I need to tone and losed weight to see the results I need to keep me on track (weight loss is good but not fast enough to see the results I need to avoid falling off the wagon) but Im a bit concerned that at my current weight Im not going to be able to do it. Then I will get disheartened and then fall off the wagon.

ANy tips please?

Hi SP, You have done really well but could I please ask you a cheeky question, tell me to mind my own business if you dont want to answer. At what weight did you start C2K and Kettleworx? Im now thinking I need to tone and losed weight to see the results I need to keep me on track (weight loss is good but not fast enough to see the results I need to avoid falling off the wagon) but Im a bit concerned that at my current weight Im not going to be able to do it. Then I will get disheartened and then fall off the wagon.

ANy tips please?

Not a cheeky question at all :)

I was probably around a stone heavier than I am now when I started c25k & maybe around 7lbs heavier when I started Kettleworx. I have read on here that others have opted to do couch to 10k rather than the 5k as it starts off slower with shorter runs & longer walks. I'm not going to lie & say that it was easy doing the C25k but the first week was the worst & if you could even struggle through it does get easier. I remember finishing one week thinking OG I have to run for longer next week I wonder if I'll be able to do it & each time I have amazed myself. The thing I loved about it was that the plan was laid out for you & progressed gradually so finishing each week felt like such an achievement in itself. I have never been much of a runner, even at school, but now I really enjoy it. I always feel great after I have been for a run & find it really clears my head too.

I chose the kettleworx because I really wanted to tone up & the workout was one I knew that I could easily fit into my week. In the beginning I did find it a bit fast moving & wasnt maybe fitting in just as many reps etc or would maybe pause it for a minute between exercises to catch my breath & I wasnt long until I was able to both keep up & keep going. Its definitely one that is worth a try & again because it is a programme to follow there is that feeling of progression & achievemnet when you finish a week or even a workout

Hi guys,

Sorry for my absence, its just been one of those weeks where there has been soo much to do & not enough time!!! Unfortunately my running has suffered & I havent managed to get out but have been keeping up with the kettleworx & have just week 6 resistance to do to complete the programme. I still can't believe that I've almost finished it!!! I treated myself to a new 7.5kg kb this week too & have been using it. It felt ok doing the core but the cardio was a lot tougher today & I was struggling a bit with the shoulder presses but I'm confident that I will get better. I'm really looking forward to redoing the whole plan with the 7.5kg now I'm more familiar with the moves & hopefully will be able to squeeze in a few more reps :D

I weighed in this morning & lost 1lb taking my weight down to 13 st 10.5 lbs. I'm actually pretty pleased with that as I did have a meal off plan last friday night (which was gorgeous & worth the zillion syns it probably contained!!!:eek:) plus it * week so any loss was going to be good with me. Hopefully next week will be better & take me further into the 13's & closer to the 12's. I still find it hard to take in that my next stone bracket with be 12's!!! :eek: I dont think I've been in the 12's since my early teens!!!! :eek::eek: I would also love to get my 6.5 stone shiney by the end of this month as that will be my 1 year SW anniversary!!! I've just 4 lbs to go so hopefully that will be achieveable with a bit of extra effort.

Anyway if you are still reading thank you for listening (or reading) through all of my waffle & hope that you are all having an enjoyable week :)

Well done - ditto one of those weeks here too. Haven't managed the kettle-bells yet but have managed to stay on track food wise but need to get to grips with SW proper... I start but then get distracted by all the posts and brilliant stories. Here's to that 6.5 stone shiny keep doing what you're doing x

Thanks Mutti-mum. Glad you're having a good week too. I found it hard to get my head around SW in the beginning but that was probably because I was doing it without class & tended to stick to 'safe' things & slowly got more adventureous as I got more confident in knowing the plan. I'll be the first to admit that now I'm the worst in the world at planning meals in advance & writing a food diary but I would say I am 99% on plan most of the time. I don't beat myself up if I have a bad day or a meal off plan because I know that even at that what I'm eating is still a million times better than what I was eating this time last year. You'll get there with the plan & if you have any questions or there is anything that you are unsure of don't be afraid to ask :)

awwww thanks - I just need to get serious about it.... in the meantime I'm following what I think is the plan (I did it once years ago) and calling in here for my motivation fix : )

Just having a read through your diary sweetpink and wanted to say well done, you've lost a fantastic amount :0clapper:

Back