Sweet Pink's Journey from 'Tubby Tummy' to 'Yummy Mummy' & all the bits in between!!

Thanks Claire,

I've been following the plan for almost a year now (started 24th August 2010) so am thrilled at what I have lost so far. I was hoping to get my 6 1/2 stone award before then but I've had 2 STS's this past 2 weeks which although its a pain at least I'm not putting on. I'll still be weighing myself on wednesday morning though just incase!!!! :D

WOW I have just read your diary - you are a total inspiration. Well done on your fantastic losses. I really fancy trying kettleworx but I just bought the 30 day shred so will try it first.

Thanks mags,

I am pretty hopeless at keeping on top of my diary but do try my best. I have just finished the 1st week of bridge to 10k which was another toughy but hopefully the programme will get easier to manage as the weeks go on. I really fancy being able to say that I can run 10k!!! (even if it does take a while!!! :eek:)

The shred should give you a good start when you do get the kettleworx programme. I couldnt recommend it enough. Its tough but the results really do speak for themselves.

Good luck with your journey & with the shred. I have heard its deadly too :)

Hi Sweet,

Well done on completing week 1 of the bridge to 10k - very impressive! And on the loss - woohoo!

Hope you have another good week this week! x

Last edited:
Hi Sweet,

Well done on completing week 1 of the bridge to 10k - very impressive! And on the loss - woohoo!

Hope you have another good week this week! x

I better have a good loss this week coz I'm making extra effort!!!! lol I'm logging everything I eat onto my fitness pal & the last time I done that I had a cracking loss. I know it kind of goes against the slimming world principals of free foods & not having to count calories but its a wee safety net so I'm giving it a go again to see if it works for me!!! :eek:

The first week of B210k was tough. Before I finished C25k & done a 45 minute run just to see if I could & I managed that no problem but 4 X 10 minute runs with a 1 minute break in between were killers. Everytime i got into a nice comfortable pace I had to stop to walk for a minute!!! :mad: I also treated myself to a garmin forerunner so had a nice play with it last night in the rain!!! I'm doings kettlebells this afternoon & then out running again tomorrow so this weight is going to come off even if it kills me!!!! lol

Well today is going to have to be a quick & easy day as this will probably be my only chance to sit down until evening time!!! My middle daughter started nursery school this morning so breakfast was a couple of aplen lights & an apple (not ideal I know) then she starts her dance class this afternoon so lunch is going to be pasta & sauce with veg (again not ideal but still on plan!!! :eek:) so that I can rush to get her ready for ballet class then rush to pick up my eldest daughter from school & then straight to ballet. I'll hopefully get a chance for a cuppa there & then it will be home homework done & out for a run (I'm starting week 2 of B210k tonight) Its raining at the minute but hopefully it wont get too heavy later on as I quite like running in light rain :eek:

As for tea at the moment I have absolutely no idea but it will probably be fish or chicken with a baked potato & veg... nothing exciting but again on plan so I'm not feeling too guilty!!! :cool:

My great NSV today was the fact that 2 people so far that I havent seen since before summer hols said I looked half the size that I did last year... well I'm not quite half the size but I certainly do feel it!! :D Mind you at the rate I'm running around today I'm sure to burn a few extra calories!!!!:eek:

Oh & syns wise incase any of you are still reading will be a nice treat of something really unhealthy later if I manage to survive today :greenapple:

Well I weighed in this morning & have another 2lbs gone forever!!! :D I also got my 6.5 stone shiney which I'm thrilled about & only 0.5lbs away from my mini goal of 13st 6lb :D

I think I will continue to use mfp as a kind of back up that reassures me that I'm not eating too much though I will still be following the slimming world plan as that is what has worked for me over the past year

Today has been great both foodwise & exercise wise!!

I fancied a bit of a change now that the weather has got a bit colder & also a wee bit of comfort food. Breakfast was cinnamon french toast with 0% greek yoghurt & raspberries (I think I will be having the same tomorrow morning!!! :p)Lunch was a huge bowl of vegetable soup (again some leftover for tomorrows lunch) so lots of superfree & superspeed. then tea was spag bol (my kids favourite!!)

This evening I went out for a run & done week 2 day 2 of B210k & managed to burn 569 calories (I love seeing that :eek:) so I had all 15 of my syns for today & dont feel at all guilty

My afternoon snack was a mullerlight & an alpen light which seems to give me a wee boost for my run :D

I have woke up this morning feeling really motivated & after reading on the main board that it is only 15 weigh ins to Christmas I am determined to get as close to my first target as possible by then!!

Mealwise today I havent really had much thinking to do as yesterdays breakfast of cinnamon french toast with 0% total & raspberries was soo delish I just had to have it again. Lunch of course is the leftover soup that I made yesterday & tea will be something handy like chicken with SW chips & veg as I'm taking my eldest shopping later for some winter clothes (might even sneak a few in there for myself too ;))

Snackwise..mid morning I had an apple & this afternoon I'll have 1/2 grapefruit & an alpen light. This evening when the munchies set in :eek: I'll have my syns to use on a packet of velvet crunch (arent the sweet chilli ones just yummy!!) & a 2 finger kit kat. I'll probably have a light choc mousse after tea as well so that takes todays syns to 12.5 I think :)

I'm going to try to fit a kettleworx session in this afternoon to with a few ab exercises afterwards too so that should burn off a few calories & keep up my exercise for this week

sweet pink said:
Today has been great both foodwise & exercise wise!!

I fancied a bit of a change now that the weather has got a bit colder & also a wee bit of comfort food. Breakfast was cinnamon french toast with 0% greek yoghurt & raspberries (I think I will be having the same tomorrow morning!!! :p)Lunch was a huge bowl of vegetable soup (again some leftover for tomorrows lunch) so lots of superfree & superspeed. then tea was spag bol (my kids favourite!!)

This evening I went out for a run & done week 2 day 2 of B210k & managed to burn 569 calories (I love seeing that :eek:) so I had all 15 of my syns for today & dont feel at all guilty

My afternoon snack was a mullerlight & an alpen light which seems to give me a wee boost for my run :D

Hello hope you don't mind me popping in your doing really well, I am going to steal some ideas from you could I ask how you make your cinnamon French toast sounds yummy ? Thanks

Vickie :)

Hi Baby-belle, of course I dont mind you popping in. I love the cinamon french toast as it reminds me a bit of a danish pastry though thats probably because its been soo long from I have had one!! Its really simple I just crack an egg into a dish & mix with a teaspoon of splenda & a good shake of cinamon then put a slice of nimble into the eggy miture & let it soak for a few minutes before turning over. I then just fry in with frylite on a hot pan for a couple of minutes each side & serve it with 0% total & raspberries. I read the recipe in one of the SW mags & thought it sounded nice so gave it a go & it was every bit as nice as it sounded. Let me kow what you think of it

Well I had my off plan meal over the weekend & lets just say I will not be in a hurry to do that again as I ended up feeling soo bloated & sick that I went to bed early :sigh: Oh well I guess it just means that a starter & a main course (of which I ate about a third) is just too much for me now.

On saturday my stomach still felt a little sensitive so I ate quite lightly again.... The only way I could describe it was like a hangover only caused by food rather than alcohol!!! :8855: Anyway I am now feeling back to normal & have been 100% on plan since.

Today has been so far so good too & will hopefully carry on that way. I'm still trying to decide between a run later or a kettleworx session but there will be some exercise included anyway

Todays food goes as follows

BREAKFAST
Bacon sandwich (2 slices of nimble HxB & 4 pieces of lean bacon) & an apple

LUNCH
Homemade vegetable soup

AFTERNOON SNACK
alpen light (3syns) & mullerlight (1syn)

TEA
Spaghetti Bolognese with homemade pasta sauce

SNACKS
Velvet Crunch 4syns
Cadburys light mousse 3 syns

Oh & before I go for today I went shopping yesterday for some new clothes..all 14's though I did try on a coat that was a 12 & fitted :eek: & bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans & knee boots for the winter!!!!! This losing weight really rocks :D:D

I had the French toast this morning it was scrummy and very filling I had two pieces of ww bread with cinnamon and put fresh strawberries on top with a drizzle of honey yum!

Well done on the size 12 it feels so good I'm a size 12 now but hoping to get to a size ten I am close to target so I'm struggling only 8lbs to go and it is not budging!

Oh & before I go for today I went shopping yesterday for some new clothes..all 14's though I did try on a coat that was a 12 & fitted :eek: & bought my first ever pair of skinny jeans & knee boots for the winter!!!!! This losing weight really rocks :D:D

I just noticed your stats on the xmas challenge and was blown away.
You have done so well and a size 12 coat and skinny jeans are well deserved.
6.5 stones :eek: wow and in not very long really.
A true inspiration thanks :thankyou:

I just got back on the wagon after putting 6lbs on over 2wk hols. Gonna lose that and another stone to get my 3st shiny for Christmas :)

Keep it up you can't have far to go now...

I just noticed your stats on the xmas challenge and was blown away.
You have done so well and a size 12 coat and skinny jeans are well deserved.
6.5 stones :eek: wow and in not very long really.
A true inspiration thanks :thankyou:

I just got back on the wagon after putting 6lbs on over 2wk hols. Gonna lose that and another stone to get my 3st shiny for Christmas :)

Keep it up you can't have far to go now...

Hi Lynda & welcome to my diary. Don't worry about that 6lbs coz I'm sure it will be gone in no time. SW is all about fitting in around your life so a little holiday gain will soon be history :)

I'm thrilled with my weightloss so far & never thought I would ever manage it never mind fit it in around my life. I'm no saint though & do have the occassional off plan meal but I do quite a bit of exercise now which helps to keep that under control I think. This mornings weigh in brings me to just 1lb off my 7 stone shiney so then 1 stone 2.5 lbs from my 1st target. I say my first target coz I have no idea how I will feel when I get there & whether I will want to try for another stone after that. I cant remember being that weight so I'll take it a bit at a time when I get there. In saying that I'll be very happy to be a comfortable 12... I was an uncomfortable 24 when I started!!! :eek:

Good luck with your journey & let me know how youre getting on :)

Just finished reading through all your diaries, should be working really but hay ho :giggle:

You have really done well with your fitness built it up gradually to quite a high level.
Unfortunately I can't run any more but loved it when I could you get such a buzz.

You are close to my hight I am currently looking at 13st as my target but as you say it may change down the line.

Well done on your 1lb here's to your 7st shiny :fingerscrossed:

Just finished reading through all your diaries, should be working really but hay ho :giggle:

You have really done well with your fitness built it up gradually to quite a high level.
Unfortunately I can't run any more but loved it when I could you get such a buzz.

You are close to my hight I am currently looking at 13st as my target but as you say it may change down the line.

Well done on your 1lb here's to your 7st shiny :fingerscrossed:

Thanks Lynda. I find running gives me the same feel good factor now as what chocolate did pre SW. I'm just 0.5lb over 13 stone & I have no admit that if I didnt lose another lb I wouldnt be that devastated as I feel amazing compared to what I did before I started :)

Hia sweet Pink,
Haven't heard much from you over the last week how are you doing?
Are you in the 13's yet?

Do you need some encouragement ....
:asskick: :giggle:

Hia sweet Pink,
Haven't heard much from you over the last week how are you doing?
Are you in the 13's yet?

Do you need some encouragement ....
:asskick: :giggle:

Hi Lynda,

I've just been very busy with work this past couple of weeks & then had a dreadful cold that was proving a nightmare to shake off so havent had much time to update.

I'm finally into the 12's weighing in this morning at 12st 13lb & getting my 7 stone shiney which I'm delighted about!!! Just another 1 stone & 3 lbs until target!!! :D

How are you getting on??

P.S. love the smiley!!!!:8855:

7st Shiny :wow: you must be so pleased.
Well done on working so long and so hard :clap:

Put on this week 1.5lbs but we know deep down why that happens so picked myself up and carried on.

Tried a little run walk yesterday but DH doesn't want me to do it since I had a double hip replacement :eek: so only did run 1 min walk 1 min 4 times. Feel good today with no aches from the running so maybe will do a bit again next week.

B'day on sunday so plan a few treats (DD is making pavlova for me :drool:) so rest of the week trying to keep low synage.

Back