Sweet Pink's Journey from 'Tubby Tummy' to 'Yummy Mummy' & all the bits in between!!

Thanks Emmylou. I'm really enjoying it :D. Out of interest what way do you use yours? Do you do random activities or do you do the wee programmes? Yesterday I just wanted to try everything though I love the stepping & boxing...oh & the obstacle course was fun too but I want to try & get as much out of it as I can if that makes any sense....just wish I could get the kids off it so I can have a go now:(

I'd been playing on Mum's Wii for about a year on Saturday nights so had played all the balance and aerobic games and got lots of nice high scores - so first off I just tried to recreate them on my own Wii! I'd never done the yoga or muscle ones though so I've been working my way through those to find my favourites.

I usually warm up with some snowball fight, the penguin one and the tilt table where you drop the balls through the holes, and the segway is good for working your calf muscles (although the other day I was determined to finish the hardest level and I'd been playing it for so long my legs ached too much - so I sat on the board instead and leaned forward and back, worked a treat!!). What can I say, I'm rather competitive and don't like it beating me :) Then I do the obstacle course as that's a bit more 'sweaty' as well as hula hoop and any other games that'll get my heart rate going. After I clock up 30 minutes of 'playtime' I do the proper yoga and muscle exercises for about the same.

If you go into the Wii Fit Plus menu you can select which ones you'd like to do in a long list and then it'll just set them going so you won't have to keep stopping for a break and selecting the next one. It'll remember the list for next time too. I tend to do a mix of arm, leg and stomach ones. I only burn about 200 calories for an hours work, but better than nothing.

Oh dear oh dear oh dear.....did I say that I was beginning to like my scales??

After a week 100% on plan..no alcohol on New Years Eve....only eating chocolate when I had syns left :eek: & exercising for a good 2 hours on the wii fit everyday but yesterday & my loss for this week was a grand 0.5lbs :cry:I know it could be a lot worse but it also could have been a lot better too. I'm putting it down to my body adjusting to exercise which is stopping me feeling so disheartened but its just sooooooo frustrating :mad: especially when every part of my body aches!!!

On a positive this week I have been out shopping for new clothes as my size 20's (which I had been trying to make do with) have been getting a bit big so I have now bought size 18's in monsoon, debenhams, next & per una (I always feel better after I buy the same size at a few different stores & then I dont feel like its a fluke!!! :rolleyes:

This week might not be so saintly as I have 2 days of set meals & airport food but I figure as long as the other 5 are good & I stay in control the 2 days I'm away even if I dont get a loss I'll hopefuly not get a gain.

Hello sweet pink,I have really enjoyed reading your diary,you have achieved a lot and it's still a loss this week,even if it isn't quite as much as you wanted
You sound very focused on your goals so I wanted to wish you well and hope I can be as motivated as you are!
Best wishes Jane

hi sweet pink don't feel disheartened i have heard a lot of s/worlders say they have done loads of excercise and have had 100% week and they have only lost a small amount so it must be to do with the excercising perhaps ur body holds more water or something. at the end of the day its still a loss half a pack of lard in fact :D keep keeping at it :) have a good day x

Thanks Valerie. Hopefully it will reward me further down the line though it is a bit annoying at the time

Queenie thanks for reading my diary & I'm glad you are enjoying it. I am probably my own harshest critic & when I set my mind to something its all or nothing. I suppose that why I get annoyed with myself for burying my head in the sand over my weight for so long. The having 3 children in 3 years excuse was just that...an excuse. In some ways I wish someone had been blunt enough to say something to me or gave me the kick up the backside I needed. Deep down I always knew I was gaining weight & it was nothing to do with having the children but I'll start a diet on monday never worked as mondays came & went & there was still no diet :eek: Then there were the times I'd start but without having any direction, or the odd treat, I would loss track & before I knew it I was back in my old ways again. It was only when a good friend joined SW & lost a lot of weight that I got thinking about SW. I looked at times of different groups in the area but being self employed & already trying to juggle working around 3 young children I knew group would never work for me. My hours didnt fall into the category of shift work but were probably more unpredictable so I got a few of the books & decided to try it on my own in the meantime. I havent ruled out going to group in the future if my weightloss slows or I find I need extra support. Thankfully I came across minimins which has kept me on the straight & narrow so far.

I have now been following SW for almost 5 months & its the longest I have ever stuck to any 'diet'. I do think the fact its marketed as a healthy eating plan does help as I know that I'm learning a new & better way to eat & the fact that I can have treats in moderation certainly helps too. 6 months ago I couldnt have had chocolate in the house without devouring the lot!! :eek: Now there is probably enough chocolate in the house to get us through to Easter or beyond but I'm happy to enjoy a couple of matchmakers or a strawberry or orange cream from one of the many tins of roses each day & really enjoy it without feeling any guilt :D

Tomorrow & friday will have to be flexi syn days as it will be a combination of airport food, set menus & alcohol though damage limitation will be very much in place. I think realistically this week I'm aiming for a stay the same though I did consider going on the wii fit for a couple of overnight sessions to try & burn some of those calories off (wishful thinking!!!) :rolleyes:

After a mad busy week at work I am finally getting a chance to update my diary. This past week has just been crazy so not a lot of time to plan meals but this has made me realise that staying on plan is now like second nature to me...a NSV surely!!! :D

Admittedly lunch has been something very quick & convenient like pasta & sauce or mugshots & fruit. Tea hasnt been very adventurous but its still all been slimming world friendly so not all bad.:rolleyes: I've been working away on the wii fit
8.gif
though with the arrival of * week I havent really seen it make a difference to my losses as yet (just 1 lb off this week) but I'm sure it will reward me eventually although I have noticed my clothes getting a lot looser around the waist.

I still need to cut back on the diet coke as that really is my biggest vice but replacing it with water is proving a lot more difficult than I thought. I never liked squash but am starting to think if I could find one that I could get accustomed to the taste of that might be the only way. I am assuming all sugar free squashes are free but I must check that out.

I will do my best to check in more often this week as this really helps to keep me on track :) Good luck to everyone with their wi's this week

I don't like plain water but also don't drink coke. I usually drink low cal tonic water with ice and lemon. I think it's a nicer way of having fluids. Have you tried sparkling water? You can buy that quite cheaply in Tesco, Asda etc. Might be worth a try.

Denise

I used to buy the tesco flavoured water (white grape & blackberry was my fav) that was 3 for £1.10 I think it was but stopped drinking it when I couldnt find the syn value in the directory. I must post in the syn values forum to see if anyone knows.. Thanks :)

Thanks Valerie. Just been manic between work & kids this past week or so though hopefully things have calmed down a bit for a while anyway!!

Now I really need to do something to boost my losses over the next few weeks before I go on holiday at the start of february. So to boost my losses I am going to make sure I have at least 3 portions of fish a week & plenty of fruit..superspeed preferably!! It worked well for me before so fingers crossed that, combined with the wii fit (surely it should be rewarding me for my efforts by now!!) should see off another few lbs before then. Half a stone would be nice but I've got to be realistic!!! :eek:

So todays menu is

2 alpen lights (had these before the school run as had a few messages to do before I got back home)

Breakfast was lean bacon & scrambled eggs (no milk or butter) & 2 clementines

Lunch will be prawns, rice, soy sauce & peppers followed by grapes & a toffee mullerlight

Tea will be chicken with potato slices followed by 2 kiwi fruit & a toffee mullerlight

Syns will be snack a jacks (4.5) a mini milk (1.5) 4 matchmakers (4)

so 10 syns accounted for.

I know there is no HeA in there but I hate milk & am intolerant to cheese so I'm hoping the 2 mullerlights will help towards my calcium intake. WHat does anyone else do if they dont drink milk or eat cheese??

Oh dear I have ran out of diet coke which means only one thing to drink for the rest of today........water!!!! 2 glasses in though & it isnt really that bad so I'm going to try alternating for a while to wean myself off it a bit!!!
13.gif
I'll keep you posted on how long that lasts!!!!

Lunch was absolutely fab today. I added some chopped chilli flakes & garlic to the prawns & pepper when they were heating before stirring in the cooked rice & soy sauce & it was gorgeous
3.gif
I could easily have had seconds though that would have been more greed than need!!!!

I'm now munching my way through some grapes before having my toffee mullerlight & am feeling rather virtuous so far today....please let it last!!!!

Well I've finally plucked up the courage to put my journey so far into picture (albeit headless ones!!!)

The first was taken at the end of august & the second a few weeks back so 5 months & just over 4 stone difference!!

Attachments

• DSCF1593 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    DSCF1593 - Copy - Copy.JPG
    264.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 168997_481844882580_652807580_6512326_4730339_n.jpg
    168997_481844882580_652807580_6512326_4730339_n.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 55
Good morning everyone :)

Well tea last night was a bit of a disaster. An edible disaster but still a disaster. We had the chicken as planned but had ran out of seasoning for the potato slices so I decided to make rostis with bacon instead but they just didnt turn out as planned. They were edible but not enjoyable :sigh:

Other than that the only change to my plan yesterday was a mug shot & some grapes in the evening (I was peckish due to not eating quite a bit of my dinner!!) All in all though I would say yesterday was a success.

Today though is day 1 of trying to cut down on the diet coke :cry:. So far I have had my normal morning glass (that really makes me sounds sooo addicted doesnt it) & I'm now on a delightful glass of water. The thing is I used to drink water all the time but since starting SW I have found it was a great fix if I felt like something sweet :eek: Still though I have been following SW 5 months now so I have to nip it in the bud :cool:

Meal wise...breakfast is my normal lean bacon & scrambled eggs & 2 clementines.

lunch will be same as yesterday as its was soooo yummy..rice, prawns, peppers, chilli, garlic & soysauce followed by grapes & a toffee mullerlight.

I havent decided on tea yet.

Snacks will be 2 alpen lights (Heb)

Syns will be snack a jacks (4.5) cadbury highlight choc mousse (3) 5x matchmakers (5) so 12.5 syns accounted for..

Day 1 of battling my diet coke addiction wernt well. I managed to stock to everyother glass being water for most of the day & I think I ended up having 2 extra glasses of diet coke in the evening which all things considering I actually thought was quite good.

I've been putting extra effort in this past few days just refreshing myself with the plan & making extra sure I am sticking to it 100% with no little slips & thats 2 days done. Now it could just be me but I actually do feel slimmer today (that might be because I am wearing a pair of trousers that I havent been able to fit into for 4 years though!!!) I guess the scales will be the judge on tuesday...I just hope I'm not disappointed.

Today although I plan to be 100% will have to be kept simple as I'll be having a late tea & have lots to do this afternoon. So breakfast is my usual bacon & scrambled eggs with fruit. Lucnh will be pasta & sauce with peppers & team will be a chicken & gammon omlette with fruit salad. I will have plenty of fruit in between as snacks & my usual cuple of pieces before my meals to make up for my dislike of veg (thats the next thing I need to tacke after I crack the diet coke thing!!!) Snacks will be 2 alpen lights (Heb) snack a jacks (4.5) highlight mousse (3) 5 matchmakers (5) so 12.5 syns accounted for.

Hello everyone,

Well the weekend has been good or should I say I have been good over the weekend. The diet coke thing is going well & I have been sticking to drinking water everyother glass...which doesnt actually taste that bad!!! :rolleyes:

I've really made an extra effort to make sure I'm having my 1/3rd superfree & when I feel like snacking reaching for the fruit bowl before the syn tin :D

Today has been a bit hectic..I've been busy sorting out my tax return, had to take youngest dd for new shoes plus oldest dd is home from school as shes been sick all weekend. SO although is is now tea time I have just finished my lunch...yes it really has been one of those days. I dont like eating a late tea before wi in the morning so I'll just have something light later probably around 8pm like rice with some choped veg...yes you did hear me right...veg!! I know I am not a veg lover but like a child if you disguise it well enough or chop it small enough I too can be fooled!!! :sigh: I know what you are thinking & yes my hubby agrees!!!:p

So wi in the morning & 3lbs to get my 4 1/2 stone shiney which I would love to get sooooooooooo much. My losses have been slow lately but I guess a loss is a loss & we all go through this stage so I've just been battling away hoping that my efforts..especially with exercise will start to pay off soon :(

So for now onwwards & downwards (I hope!!) & I'll check back in tomorrow after I wi!!

Well so much for my 100% week being rewarded. After all of the effort I have put in this week to make sure & eat my 1/3rd superfree...snack on fruit...cut down my diet coke intake.....what do I lose???? NOTHING!!!! I cannot believe that I have a STS this week after so much effort not to mention exercise. Since I upped my exercise almost 1 month ago my losses have been absolutely pathetic which is getting a bit disheartening. However I know this is all part of the journey & it is normal for weight to plateau for a while & looking at the bigger picture I have done well in what is a relatively short space of time but I am still extremely frustrated...thankfully not frustrated enough to fall off the wagon but I can understand how this could put someone off. My plan for this week is to just carry on enjoying SW & enjoying exercising & other than that I just dont know. I'll maybe try to cut my syns down to 10 instead of 15 to kick start things a bit but to be honest I feel like I'm clutching at straws a bit here... I guess this time next week we'll see if it makes a difference :confused:

Back