Sweet Pink's Journey from 'Tubby Tummy' to 'Yummy Mummy' & all the bits in between!!

Shanny, the red days seem to be good for me as much in my head as anything because I feel that I definately exercise better portion control with carbs...227g of potato actually looks quite a lot when sliced up on a plate!!!:D

Well that weekend wasn't ideal (thank goodness for pasta & sauce :p) but thankfully despite eating a very late tea on saturday night I managed to stay on plan doing a EE day on saturday & a green day on sunday. Back to reds for me for the rest of the week though as although some days the other plans fit into my day to day life I enjoy the feeling of discipline that I have with red. Although I generally now do try not to eat too many pasta & sauce or mugshots I am very glad that they are still free on green & EE for times when cooking from scratch just isnt an option. I think if it hadn't been for them the alternative could have been a takeaway from the local chippy :eek:

I had a little NSV over the weekend. My daughter was playing with her camera & showing me her 'headless' pics & I stopped at one & asked her who it was. She thought it was really funny coz the pic was actually me (no head, bad lighting!!) I can honestly say its one of the first times I have saw myself in a photo & been happy. It just goes to show how long it takes for the brain to catch up with the scales!!!!

Where on earth do I begin?? Well yesterday my oven decided to quit so yesterday turned into an EE day (how I stayed on plan I have no idea :() Today I am trying my best (without an oven :() to do a red day & so far so good. Thankfully the weather is good so for tea we have planned a BBQ. Unfortunately I hadnt time to go & get some SW friendly sausages & burgers but there are some nice turkey steaks in the fridge which should be yummy BBQ'd so I'm looking forward to that :D

Yesterday I also discovered Total 0% Greek Yoghurt!!!! Oh my goodness how did I miss it for so long. Last night I have a massive bowl of raspberries, strawberries & blueberries mixed with a few heaped tablespoons of the greek yoghurt & 1 mini meringue crushed over the top. Even my hubby wanted more!!! How absolutely scrumptious & luxurious for only 1 syn (the meringue)

Todays food so far has been as follows

BREAKFAST
42g all bran (HeB) with mullerlight

LUNCH
4 lean bacon, 2 scrambled eggs & 3 pagen crispbreads (HeB)

SNACKS
apple
Alpen light (3 syns)

TEA
BBQ'd turkey steaks with salad
mixed berries, 0% total, 1 meringue (1syn)

SNACKS
snack a jacks (4 1/2 syns)
options hot choc made with 250 ml semi (HeA + 2 syns)

TOTAL SYNS 8.5

Hi Sweet - hope your BBQ was yummy!

0% total is delicious - and even better now that strawberries are finally coming back into season!

I spotted the other day that Pagen crispbreads were a HEB - what do you think of them? I've tried to avoid bread, as I can never stop at one slice, but might give the crispbreads a go if they're nice...

I really enjoyed the pagen crispbreads. You get 3 an a HeB & that is definately satisfying. Like you I have avoided bread (coz bread just tastes like more bread :eek:) but these were great & much crunchier than I imagined.

I ended up having stir fried veg with a BBQ'd turkey which was lovely so I will definately be having that again (even after the new oven arrives) As you all probably know I am not a huge veg fan but I had 1/2 plate of this so progress is being made :D

Thanks for the info on the crispbreads Sweet.

And a big well done on the veg front! Have you tried roasting veg if you don't like them much? Spray with fry light and roast in the oven - you can do all sorts and all together - I particularly like roasted onions, tomatoes and courgettes... delicious mixed with pasta and pesto too!

I'm definately going to try that Spanx as I think my tastebuds have really changed. I really enjoyed the stirfried ones last night so much so that they are on the menu tonight again :D I really want to make a big effort on the veg front from now on...especially this week as I have 'allowed' myself to have 1 Easter egg :eek: Just 1 though!!!!

I'm trilled to have weighed in tis morning & lost another 1.5lbs despite missing my Easter target of 14 7 by just 2lbs. I've also set myself another mini target of getting into the 13's by june which I think is realistic even though I never thought me being in the 13's would ever be something I would call realistic!!!!:eek:

Anyway just incase I dont get a chance to be on before sunday HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE :D

Forgot to add Sweet, that I also add whole cloves of garlic (unpeeled) and a sprinkling of herbs...that livens the veggies up even more!

I'm sure you will reach your June target - you've done so well so far! :)

I've just been reading through your diary and have found it to be a real inspiration. Thanks!

Thanks NiaX. I'm sorry I havent been very good at updating my diary lately but I've been staying on plan & following mostly red days as I find they give me better losses. I've also started C25k & am just about to start week 4 this evening which I am really enjoying

I found your diary via the "Queen size to Princess" team section. You are such an inspiration! I hope that in 11mths time I will have achieved the weight loss you have and have those lovely badges to my name :)

Thanks HampshireMogs. I think the key to sticking to the plan is not beating yourself up if you do occassionally fall off the wagon & jumping straight back on at the earliest opportunity. I now see this as a plan for life, & a much healthier & more enjoyable life too. I am by no means perfect & have had a bit of a naughty weekend going over my syns on saturday but I'm 100% back on plan today & have planned my week out so there wont be any slip ups despite having a family BBQ planned (slimming world approved sausages & burgers are a godsend!!! :D)

Good luck with your journey & remember we are al here to support eachother so let me know how youre getting on

Well today has been good after the weekends slip up. I've been 100% on plan & although I had planned to do both C25k & kettleworx DVD I stuck to just doing the kettleworx week 2 resistance & will start week 7 of c25k tomorrow... still not sure how I managed to make it to week 7 but hey if I can do it anyone can!!! Not only that but I'm REALLY enjoying running & plan to carry on after the programme finishes.

For the first time today I moved up from a 3kg kettlebell to a 4kg one so I'm expecting to be a bit achey.

Food wise I have been good though I did an EE day (just because I had planned rice for tea!!)

BREAKFAST
21g all bran (1/2 HxB) with mullerlight
strawberries

SNACK
alpen light (1/2 HxB)
green tea with lemon

LUNCH
lean bacon
SW sausages (2 syns)
mushrooms :)sigh: force fed!!! lol)
scrambled eggs (no milk butter)

TEA
chicken & pepper stirfry with rice
syn free lemon meringue

SYNS
alpen light (3 syns)
velvet crunch (4 syns) total syns = 9

Woke up this morning feeling really focussed so I decided to redo my mini goals, my main one of which getting into the 12 stone bracket by Christmas Day (cannot believe I'm even thinking of Christmas in July though!!! :eek:) My other mini goals of getting my bmi under 30, getting into the 13 stone bracket & completeing both C25k & Kettleworx were pretty obvious ones but still seeing them in black & white (or in my case pink & white :rolleyes:) really helps me focus.

I didnt do any exercise yesterday (apart from running after the kids) so this morning & done week 3 core of the kettleworx which I really enjoyed & later this evening when it cools down I am going to do week 7 day 2 of c25k (looking forward to that one :D)

Foodwise today I have just managed breakfast so far which was 21g All Bran & mullerlight & then I had an alpen light for a snack.

The rest of the day will go as follows

LUNCH
Lean bacon, scrambled egg, mushrooms

TEA
prawn stirfry with brown rice
fruit salad

SNACKS
Velvet Crunch 4 syns
Light Choc Mousse 3 syns

Still managing to keep the motivation going & am finding that by focussing on exercise that the food is kind of sorting itself out which is great.

I'm really hoping the rain stays off or at least isnt too heavy so that I can get out for a run tonight & get week 7 of C25k finished. I worked hard with kettlebells all weekend so am feeling that nice ache today so a good run would loosen me up.

So foodwise

BREAKFAST
21g all bran (1/2 hxb) mullerlight, apple

SNACK
alpen light (1/2 hxb)

LUNCH
lean bacon, srambled eggs, mushrooms (forcefed)

TEA
chicken stirfry, lots of veg, brown rice

SNACKS
velvet crunch (4)
light choc mousse (3)
aplen light (3)

TOTAL SYNS = 10

EXERCISE
20 minutes kettlebell freestyle
C25k week 7 day 3 (hopefully)

Good afternoon everyone.

Yesterday went great & the only thing I had other than what was in yestedays diary was a mug shot in the evening so I chuffed with that. I'm planning a couple of red days now to hopefully give me a boost before I weigh in on friday morning. Please please be a loss :eek:

I managed to fit all of my exercise in yesterday too & had a great run yesterday evening. My hubby even commented on how toned my arms were getting & that he could see a muscle!!!! :D

This morning I treated myself to a new kettlebell... a 5kg. I hade been using mostly a 3kg & more recently a 4kg so I'm chuffed to be moving up again already & managed to use it for the whole of week 4 core which I am even more thrilled about.

One thing I have been thinking a lot about lately is my target & if it is realistic (seeing as I can never remember being under 13 stone since my teens) so I have reset it at 164lb (11st 10lbs) which is just inside the healthy BMI range for my height & will see how I feel when I reach it & if I want to drop it after that.

Foodwise today is as follows

BREAKFAST
21g all bran (1/2 hxb) mullerlight, satsuma

LUNCH
lean bacon, scrambled eggs, alpen light (1/2 hxb)

TEA
grilled chicken, 227g sliced potato with skins (hxb)

SNACKS
options hot choc with 250ml milk (hxa + 2 syns)
velvet crunch (4)
choc mousse (3)
alpen light (3)

TOTAL SYNS =12

EXERCISE
Week 4 Kettleworx - core

Feeling a little ache this morning after upping my KB to a 5kg but nowhere near what I was expecting which is great. I even managed to do a session of fast abs before breakfast, again with my 5kg KB so hopefully I'll be able to mostly use it from now on. I do think I'll try to move up to a heavier one again next month so just need to decide how heavy to go for!!

Foodwise today is going to be an EE day as I have planned cottage pie for tea (cant wait!!!) but I cant decide what I want for my lunch. Should I have a pasta & sauce with peppers or should I go for my fav of bacon & scrambled eggs????? Breakfast was my usual of all bran & mullerlight plus I had a couple of satsumas mid morning.

Exercise today has been Kettlewrox fast abs & then later I am going to go for a run & do week 8 day 1 of c25k (really looking forward to that one!!!!)

Anyway, I'll update later with what I decide for lunch.

Well yesterday I opted for the pasta & I have to say it was yummy!!! :D Well worth an extra easy day in my opinion. Today is my last day before weighin tomorrow morning so I'm opting for a red day in the hope of shifting a fraction of a lb more (to be honest though I'll be soo happy to shift anything as my weightloss has stalled a bit lately.

I know that it could be the exercise thats causing my body to retain extra water but I do think its worth carrying on as I feel on a whole sooo much better (the 10inches I've lost from my body since startiung kettleworx helps too) I do hope the scales are kind tomorrow though as I would love to break into the 13's & get my bmi under 30.

Last night I had a fantastic run & easily managed the 28 minutes from week 8. I dont think my pace was too bad either. Lately I have really started to look forward to getting out for a run which is a bit turnaround from forcing myself to go out 8 weeks ago. I feel so energised after it & it really clears my head too.

Exercise for today is kettleworx week 4 cardio which I have already done this morning. Cardio is usually a killer but apart from a few moves it was ok though I'm feeling it already, particularly in my arms!! Still I keep reminding myself that its no pain no gain (or lose in my case!!! lol :eek:)

Anyway I hope to be reporting in with a lose in the morning. I really have been 100% this week both on plan & exercise wise so keep everything crossed for me in the morning :)

Back