Sweet potatoes

lucysmommy

Gold Member
Does anyone actually like them?

I find them very sweet and they are not my cup of tea at all

Does anyone do anything with them to make them more edible? So far I have only microwaved Them lol

X

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I peel, cut into about inch pieces and oven bake with carrot onion and some salt and pepper, but they're still really sweet. If you don't like the sweetness don't think you'll ever like them.
I loove them :3

Roast them with cooked dinner mash them, bake them instead of jacket potato, sweet potato chips. I love em can even use then in puddings lol

I find them too sweet as well - probably because I still expect them to taste like 'normal' potatoes. I suppose the clue is in the name really! When they appear in my weekly veggie box I try to disguise them in a veg stir fry and that works quite well. People from SW say they make good SW style chips - that should fit in with calorie counting and make a change from microwaving them...... :)

I eat them same as normal potatoes. Love them chipped and mashed, and if I roast them usually do them with butternut squash.

Sweet potato and red pepper soup :)

One of my faves and easy peasy.

1 onion
1 carrot
1 red pepper
1 sweet potato

Frylight the onion, add the carrot, red pepper and sweet potato, add stock, simmer & blitz!

I tried them as chips and they are much nicer that way!! I did them with garlic and rosemary tho? They came out a lot like roast parsnip. So more for with a dinner than alongside a pizza!!

Back