sweet treats

You can have yoghurts, WW frozen deserts which are really nice. You can have certain chocolate puddings and mousse. You can have Ben and Jerry's cherry gracia frozen yoghurt which is better than sex lol! Asda do a frozen yoghurt which is ok. They fit with the rules as do jelly...oh and malt loaf...wayyyyyy tooooo much sugar etc though ;)

If you actually want sweets, then you can have things like Haribo, jelly babies, jelly beans or marshmallows...there's no fat but there are soooo many carbs in them...it's best to try avoid suagrs like these really, as they give you a quick burst of energy, they make you feel all happy and good, then within minutes you'll find yourself wanting more, it's the sugar that does this, it makes your blood suagr unbalanced. If you feel you could have something like this without it causing you to binge then go ahead... but you'd be better off sticking to something like yoghurts, fromage frais, mousse etc. Have a look when you go shopping, you'd be surprised what you can have.

im not really a jelly sweets kinda person... im totally addicted to choc.. obviously cant have any of that!! but would love a low fat substitute to get addicted to ha!

There isn't a low fat chocolate substitue :(...if you need a chocolate fix then there are chocolate mousses you can have. WW do a frozen chocolate desert which is really nice :)

There are some you can..WW to a lovely lemon slice..tiny portions though but nice. You'll be be better off just going and looking at the cakes labels and seeing whats what :)

i know.... hate my sweet tooth at times... should be much better when i start exercising... it puts me off eating bad after ive done it

Ok I had m&s low calorie mouse , it was within rules n tastes great , I also saw trifles within rules
M&s even mentions how much propoints the item has

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Sugar free fat free carb free veggie n vegan n kosher jelly
On amazon 8 packs for 8 quid

Sent from my iPhone so excuse the typos

I must admit I allow myself 4 squares of choc or choc buttons as I'm doing SW as well and I don't have any side effects from it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

tegzy said:
i know.... hate my sweet tooth at times... should be much better when i start exercising... it puts me off eating bad after ive done it

I'm just the same... I've had the idea that I've been such a good boy I'll take Sunday's off!.. This for me was a very bad idea as Sunday spilled over and over.. So I'll not be doing that again! .. This week is totally ruined, but now back in the zone.. Just having a little pick at the bad stuff babe is never enough!.. Im sure you need to dig deep and shut all the sugary/bad stuff out.. But that's my opinion and worth nothing soooooo take no notice lol lol

sammyd said:
I'm just the same... I've had the idea that I've been such a good boy I'll take Sunday's off!.. This for me was a very bad idea as Sunday spilled over and over.. So I'll not be doing that again! .. This week is totally ruined, but now back in the zone.. Just having a little pick at the bad stuff babe is never enough!.. Im sure you need to dig deep and shut all the sugary/bad stuff out.. But that's my opinion and worth nothing soooooo take no notice lol lol

i totally agree... i dont wanna touch choc cos i no i cant stop once started... just would like a sweet treat that i can have instead of the choc... after a few weeks i get over choc

When I was first on Xen & missing chocolate I had the muller light yoghurts sprinkled with chocolate which helped rather than going full on cold turkey-I don't miss it now.

78storm said:
When I was first on Xen & missing chocolate I had the muller light yoghurts sprinkled with chocolate which helped rather than going full on cold turkey-I don't miss it now.

good idea... i dont like those mullers with choc sprinkles...

A food addiction is just like an alcohol or smoking one. Sugar really is the devil. It shifts your sugar levels and makes you imbalanced within minutes of eating the stuff, you'll finish eating it, you'll be on a high cos it makes you feel good then wihin minutes you'll come crashing down and wanting more of the stuff, it's a vicious circle.

Cravings for sugar is more a mental craving than a physical one, and once you've got your balance stable then you just have the emotional connection to sweet food to overcome. It helps if you eat GI foods, these release energy slowly, they help to balance your blodd sugar, keeping you feeling full and ward of cravings.

If you do want a treat then it's better to have something that's naturally sweet like grapes, banana or have a yoghurt or fromage frais. Or you can look at WW deserts.

When I first started the Xenical, chocolate was my thing, and I quit it and sweets altogether, it was hard but after a few weeks I didn't crave the stuff anymore, bit like my cheese addiction I quit that too ;)

Back