Sweetener

Sarah_P

Happy to be slim at last
I have just been having a nose around the Pig2Twig forum and there are tons of posts on there about Splenda stalling weight loss. There are also posts about it being really bad for you. Haven't read that yet, but I think it's due to it being man made.

So, got me thinking about if you guys are using sweeteners in any of your cooking? My bars and shakes have sacharine sweetener in them. (Which I think is sold under the brand of Sweet N Low) I am not sure I am going to need sweetener once I come off my packs (don't add it to tea), but if I do need it for cooking, I wondered what you use and if you find it stalls you?

Also what's your opinions of it being bad for you or not?

Last edited:
ive decided today that going back on full atkins tomorrow , i will try purer than pure:D, no 'low carb goodies' no sweetner in my coffee and certainly no low carb jelly . when i tot it up i probably have a fair bit of sweetner during the day ,sooo bad for me !!! ill still use flax for the odd roll as this im finding is great for my digestion :eek:

I think thats a good decision to go back to Atkins. You did long enough on packs!

Do you think sweetener stalls you then? I am trying to plan what I am going to eat post Easter and think I should probably stay away from introducing lots of sweetener. Some of the pig to twig recipes have splenda on this list and I think I will avoid these recipes.

I think thats a good decision to go back to Atkins. You did long enough on packs!

Do you think sweetener stalls you then? I am trying to plan what I am going to eat post Easter and think I should probably stay away from introducing lots of sweetener. Some of the pig to twig recipes have splenda on this list and I think I will avoid these recipes.
not sure sarah , its possible , i do take 2 in each cup of coffe and add 2 to my hot shakes so they do add up , just trying to see what happens without , no expectations this time tho im resigned to a 1lb loss each week , i think i really hoped the 2 shakes would give me a big boost so i was left really dissapointed , so acceptance is the key and ill take any extra as a bonus :)

not sure sarah , its possible , i do take 2 in each cup of coffe and add 2 to my hot shakes so they do add up , just trying to see what happens without , no expectations this time tho im resigned to a 1lb loss each week , i think i really hoped the 2 shakes would give me a big boost so i was left really dissapointed , so acceptance is the key and ill take any extra as a bonus :)

Good outlook Sukie. I fully expect that I will be on 1lb a week when I go fully low carb, as I only ever lost 1lb a week on previous diets of any kind.

I am thinking I will start off completely clean of processed food and then add things in and see what it does. Will be interested to see how you go this week without the sweeteners.

Good outlook Sukie. I fully expect that I will be on 1lb a week when I go fully low carb, as I only ever lost 1lb a week on previous diets of any kind.

I am thinking I will start off completely clean of processed food and then add things in and see what it does. Will be interested to see how you go this week without the sweeteners.
ill keep you posted :0)

Good on you Sukie, clean and green! I found it very hard when I first started Atkins, I'd always had loads of sugar in tea and coffee. I'm totally weaned off sugar now!

ive been sooo bad today :0( away day was fine took my salad and stuck to that , black tea and coffee with lots of water but came home and im totaly pms sing and i was sooo tempted to 'share' my daughters maltesers so had 4 thorntons diabetic chocs !!!! so naughty so much for green , but hey ,guess its better than 4 maltesers :0) sooo over it now , have cut sweetner out of my coffe tho thats an achievement:0)

Those diabetic ones are no carb Sukie?

Ah, bum clenching time then Sukie. ;)

Back