Sweetener's - which tastes most like sugar/less 'fake'?

Kefalonian at heart

thinking about food
Hello,

I miss baking since starting SW so I thought I'd try it with sweetener. I am using ASDA's Low Calorie Stevia Sweetener Granules. They leave a nasty after-taste in everything I have tried using it in...has anyone used a sweetener that doesn't leave this taste?

Thanks

I use Splenda and find it ok

Thanks for your help...I'm going to see what I can get here. I have definately seen Splenda in the stores so will give it a go next. Will look for the other brands and do a tatse test!

asda's own with the yellow lid- seriously- only use that now :)

I bought Truvia to keep in my desk at work for coffee and found it so disgusting that I just drink my coffee black now. Maybe it's better in baking though?

I think truvia is disgusting, its so sweet its almost bitter if that makes sense? Its got a funny taste.

I use the tesco sweetner in most things, the one in the red jar. Its cheap and i find that it doesnt have that tinny aftertaste.

For baking it has to be splenda tho.

I have switched to Splenda recently and find it excellent. Was using Candarel but had been freaking out about aspartame and its horrendous side-effects so decided to switch...

I have switched to Splenda recently and find it excellent. Was using Candarel but had been freaking out about aspartame and its horrendous side-effects so decided to switch...

Aspartame is probably the single most tested food additive in modern history. Not one study has shown side effects that represent a risk to human health.

Aspartame is probably the single most tested food additive in modern history. Not one study has shown side effects that represent a risk to human health.

True...I see lots of hoaxes on Facebook about it. I am more interested in the taste for baking.

Back