Swimming Dilema!

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Lightning86, 8 May 2011 Social URL.

1. Lightning86

Lightning86 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.2lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.8lb(2.14%)
    Diet:
    Custom
    Hey Everyone!

Been invited by a friend of mine to start going swimming with her!

I'd really like to do this only problem is I am really body paranoid and refuse to go topless(I'm a guy btw)

Is there any top I can wear to swim in?
    Would be so greatful for your help!

Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. vivaglam

vivaglam Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    10st3lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    2st7lb(19.66%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    It's not only a guy dilemma girls have this one as well- except the completely topless bit.

A sleeveless Tshirt could work well for you and cover up what you want. The other thing is to take a look online at professional swim wear for men and you come across something more appropriate

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

4. Mr Gilbo

Mr Gilbo Full Member

Start Weight:
    29st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st4lb
    Lost(%):
    12st0lb(41.38%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I'd the swimming pool a call. Firstly they will be able to tell you whether you will be allowed to swim in a top or not. And secondly they will be able to tell you what you could wear.

5. LuhLuhLoser

LuhLuhLoser 4. 8. 15. 16. 23. 42.

Start Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7.0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(21%)
    Diet:
    Healthy eating
    I had this problem when I joined at my gym, I was so self conscious and embarrased about getting into swimwear infront of other people but the reality of it is, no one else really cares what you're wearing or what shape, size, colour etc you are. If it's really worrying you then I'm sure wearing a t-shirt would be fine if you ask the pool, but if anything I'd feel it'd attract more attention to you. Once you've gone topless once, you'll realise that it's all good and there will probably be other people around who are a similar shape! And the more you do it, the less body you'll have to worry about. Liberate yourself! :)

6. Beckybex

Beckybex Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st9lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st2lb
    Lost(%):
    2st2lb(13.7%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb/CC
    Hi. I'm a swimming instructor and I wear a rash vest in the water over my swim suit and you can definitely wear these in public pools. They are the lightweight tops you wear under a wet suit, they don't weigh you down or get in the way when swimming but cover you up nicely. I get mine from ebay and they cost less than £10.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.