Swine Flu Jab - HELP!!

Ithink if you have had it ,you dont need the vaccine but not 100% sure but your body will allready have built up some immunity to it so thats good
my friedns little boy had it and he was fine hope all goes well x

i think i'm going to have it. in the area where my mum lives at last count 36 people had died from it and a few were pregnant women i believe. from what i've been able to find out, the vaccine is verry similar to the seasonal flu vaccine, but the viral strain is different and pregnant women have been having that for years. also, my baby will gain some immunity from me. if swine flu is killing off adults i can't see that it would do a newborn any good. i think a lot has been hyped up by the media. i don't think i would have been as happy to have it before i was past the 12 week mark when most development is through, no clinical reason for this, just my own peace of mind, but now that i am i think that's the way i'm going to go.

abz xx

yes I think at first they did not reccomend it in the first trimester so id have waited a little while longer if I was earlier on just to be on the safe side

This is just food for thought, but ladies the swine flu vaccine is just the normal flu vaccine, but with the parts in to create antibodies against swine flu. The normal flu vaccine doesnt go under loads of testing like people think its only made up in the spring of that year and then given out for september. They give that out to pregnant women who need it every year. The risks of swine flu far outweight the risks of the vaccine in my opinion, a child without a mother who died through swine flu is a tragic thing that could have been avoided. If your doctor recommends it to you or your offered it i would take it. Just remember its not your life that you are risking if you get swine flu its also that of your unborn child.

Lizzie xxx

Back