Swine flu jab

I didn't want to worry you - but my OH is pretty fit & well (compared to your little 'un anyway). Maybe different PCT's do different things. I'm sure they wouldn't put him in danger as he's young and on medication. Sorry xx

Seriously - I am sorry - just feeling sorry for myself ! Please don't panic - nothing that a pint of baileys doesn;t sort out ;)

Oh I do :( Must think before I type! :(

Ohh now Baileys......

thank you for bringing it to my attention.dont feel bad.thanks xx

If it makes you feel any better I've had it because I'm classed as "high risk" - I'm just being a big baby - there's nothing seriously wrong other than a bit of discomfort

Oh I do :( Must think before I type! :(

OYeah
ahh now Baileys......

yup - went to the airport sale - ltr bottles for GBP 9 - ya gotta have coffee...coz I love coffee...yummy ......hic :D

Ooh we want to try the coffee! I can't drink the stuff but love the flavour! Weird!

It's £8 for a litre in Asda ;) or it was anyway - I think I've missed the offer! Might have to get OH to get some on his flights to and from work.

Sorry again Tomsmum

I had mine last Wednesday. Felt lethargic and freezing cold Weds and Thurs night, but fine after that. Could sleep on my left side (had jag in left arm) for a few nights, and couldn't lift my arm above my head for a few days. Feeling better now, although still have an obvious lump!!

It's absolutely fine to have both the swine flu and seasonal flu vaccines at the same time. Most surgeries do them at different times because the nature of the vaccine makes it easier for them. Seasonal flu jabs can be given at any time because they are in pre-measured vials but the swine flu vaccine has to be made up in the surgery on the day and drawn up for each and every individual patient. Any left at the end has to be disposed of and can't be kept. Because of this surgeries will try to get all the eligible patients into specific swine flu clinics on the same day so as to avoid wasting the vaccine. Obviously they want to vaccinate as many people as they can in those particular clinics so wont want to waste time vaccinating against the seasonal flu which they can be much more flexible with.

I had the swine flu jab about ten days ago (a couple of weeks after my seasonal flu one).

I did have a sore arm afterwards - no lump, nothing to see, but I couldn't sleep on that side for a few days, and I had problems lifting my arm over my head. I had the jab on a Friday and it was all better by Tuesday.

I had to go to the gym on the day after the jab, and wasn't at all sure I would be able to do much. My trainer left out weights and skipping from my routine and told me to tell him if anything else hurt, but I actually managed the pressups without any problems and the only thing that really hurt was a reverse pull-down.

I didn't feel at all ill - apart from the arm I had no side-effects at all. But everyone's reactions are going to be different.

i wouldnt get it for love nor money have heard too many bad reports about it . wont let my parents and any of my family or cclose friends get it either

I had mine today. I was surprised that I didn't feel the needle. Unlike the regular flu one which I had last week.

BTW, I was offered the swine flu jab last Thursday, but when they realised that I was having the regular flu jab on the same day they told me I'd have to have one the following week instead as they wouldn't let me have two flu jabs on the same day.

Back