Just starting out..

:(
Hi.

I've recently started Exante and have made it though to the end of day 5. Have felt a bit rough but that now seems to be passing so hoping to wake up tomorrow with a clear head and some energy. I am doing the total solution and have found the shakes ok so far with some better than others. I've got 5 stone to lose - as the weight has gone on I've felt more and more ashamed and reached the stage where I didn't want to go out apart from essential stuff like work but I actually feel like I'm ready to do this now. Reading all your posts has also been a big help the last few days.
I have one question which someone might be able to help with......I've become very gurgly and have the most dreadful flatulence...has anyone else had this and did it pass. I thought maybe because it's early days and my stomach getting used to the shakes formula and all the old carb laden food clearing out of my system but it is vile....
Even if I have to put up with it throughout the diet I won't let it be an excuse to stop but I will have to make arrangements to not be within a mile of anyone when it happens as it is seriously unpleasant.

Would welcome news that it passes lol.

Julie

Hi Julie -
Welcome to the forum and Exante. I am just starting on Day 4 so know how you are feeling re 'a bit rough'. I think I am in ketosis now so hoping the headache leaves soon! This forum is amazing and the support is second to none!
Re being gurgly - I have found the same and I agree I think its just the body getting used to the new way of eating. Again am hoping this passes soon!

Kirsty x

Hi.
Thank you for responses...glad to know it's not just me..not that I would have wished what was going on with me on anyone. Think husband would have started divorce proceedings if the windiness hadn't slowed down...either that or he'd have looked on eBay for a gas mask!
Anyway pleased to report back that now on day 12 and my stomach has improved a lot. Problem on Sunday as had to go out to relatives to eat and I didn't want to decline completely or produce some odd shake so had some veg...mainly cauliflower with a couple of sprouts much to husbands dismay. However, got away with it and no repeat of toxic stomach.
Hope you are both doing well and managing to keep going through those early days. I have had a couple of days where I could have so easily eaten a sandwich (I love bread) but managed to divert myself away by thinking that if I don't knuckle down to this now in the lead up to Christmas I'll still go on despising myself and will still have to lose the weight and it will probably be another stone and even harder....
I should add I bought my Exante stuff about 3 months ago and got to day 3 then gave up - found some non existent excuse to stuff myself and couldn't get back on the wagon. Glad I seem to have turned to corner ...fingers crossed. Also after first week of weighing myself every day I stopped that this week and will probably do it at the end of week two. Hope you are headache free...paracetamol sorted mine out.....and also being proud of yourself every day that passes managing to keep going. Keeping the fault....

Julie x

Hi Shellaroo. Glad to hear you've gone metalicky...not nice....but hopefully it'll make things easier.

I'm doing ok but did something stupid this morning. I'd told myself I would only weigh myself on weigh in day which is Friday but couldn't stop myself this morning mainly because I've been feeling really bloated......2lb heavier......immediate thought was "sod it what's the point I'm going to buy a cake today"...... followed quickly by "you're day 13, you can't have put weight on because you've stuck to the shakes, it's water, you know weight fluctuates ....So don't be so stupid". The moment passed. What might also have helped is seeing the fat blob that I am in the mirror lol.

I had a think about it when I was at work today as well and I know I have to tackle this and now is as good as anytime particularly being nearly 2 weeks in and knowing that when I first bought the Exante stuff about 3 months ago I started and only managed 3 days.....if I'd just carried on then I'd probably be 3 stone lighter already.

I hope your day 3 is proving manageable and I hope you don't feel too groggy. I felt a bit rough until day 6 but suddenly it was like the fog cleared and I've felt OK since. I do find it easier being on a completely restrictive diet though rather than say SW. My husband says " yes but if you lose the weight this way you"ll just put it straight back on when you stop". Yes, he might be right but that will be my choice...and i need to think about the here and now and going to bed each night knowing I've tried rather than given up.

Sorry for the long post....I seem to be finding this helpful as no one to talk to about it...

Look forward to hearing how you're getting on.

Julie x

Hi Julie - sounds like you are doing really well! I am only in week one but have jumped on the scales twice this week - it's so easy to do! Don't worry re the gain - it's most likely water weight or if it's nearly TOTM then that can have an affect.

Thanks for that...I can't see it can be a proper weight gain as I'm simply not having the calories to put any on! How have you found the first week - I felt like the first week was a good hurdle to get over...everyone says the most difficult. Now I just aim to get to bed each day without messing up lol xx

Well done having the restraint not to buy a cake hunni tht mustve been hard!! Ive been off work since monday but back tomorrow which will be hard as i work in a vets ill keep jumping on the dog scales i dont have any in my house cause i would never be off them. The headaches have appreared tonight and my pee smells weird tmi i know sorry saying that ihavent drank as much water today so could be that xx

I'm looking like a spotty teenager! All the water seems to be like a de-tox. Shows how much rubbish was in my system. Another day nearly done. Hope you all wake tomorrow headache free and ketone full lol xx

how are you getting on? x
Hi.

Today's been ok... Had my weekly weigh in and only show 2 lb lost - I wouldn't be honest if I said I wasn't disappointed but I knew I'd gone up a couple of days ago so I've been very rational and am just seeing it as one of those weeks where you don't lose so much probably cos of body stuff going on that I can't do anything about.
Sticking to it and drinking the water so just got to keep plodding on. I tried on a pair of trousers today that I've been wearing a lot ....part of my fat clothes collection....and I do think the elastic isn't groaning quite so much...seem to have a bit of give in them lol.
How's you doing? Hope the ketosis is keeping any hunger at bay so you're not having a difficult day. My water intake is down today so need to work on that between now and bed. Tried some of the bouillon as well which made a nice change to have something different tasting.....did my weekly shop yesterday.....hardly spent anything with just stuff for husband...made me realise how much crap I was actually buying and eating myself....scary actually!

Julie x

Hi there

Is anyone that was posting still on the diet? I have literally just had my first shake and with two small ones, a poorly household for the past few weeks that after no sleep is finally hitting me I am really worried I will crack. I am desperate to lose some weight to hopefully help the Post-Natal Depression I have had the last couple of years so some good news about all of you would go a long way. Hope you are all much slimmer and keeping on keeping on.

Also trying to stop smoking - busy time of year!

Back