Switching energy user?

We've done this in the past & my thoughts were exactly the same as yours. Will it go ok, will I get two bills, how will they know..................... Anyway to put your mind at rest, yes it did go ok & we do have cheaper bills.

Have you been on a comparison website to see if you can get cheaper bills?

They're all much of a muchness when push comes to shove. .They have their pull-in deals but unless you're really mathamatically gifted, they rely on most of us being bamboozeled too much to drill down into their figures.

That said, I do change from now & again - the last time was on the advice of Martin Lewis' website - The Money Saving Expert (I wish I was related to him!) and I got a deal where I save a very small amount over the comparison year but where I did win was getting £100 worth of High Street Vouchers (100's of major shops take them) plus, £30 cash-back because I went through MoneySupermarket.com. .I'm now on a fixed price tariff till some time in 2013 - and considering rumour control at the moment about utility companies putting gas prices up this autumn, I'm glad I did.

Have a squizz at MSE site for advice on a lot of topics - you may not bother to take any up, but he's done most of the work for you and gives sound advice.

Money Saving Expert: Credit Cards, Shopping, Bank Charges, Cheap Flights and more

Back