Switching from sw to ww. Not sure where to start!

conlou1

Gold Member
Hi. I've done slimming world for 4 years on and off, but this time it's taken me a year to lose 2.5 stone and since Christmas I've more or less stayed the same. I'm eating too much on it and just have gotten complacent. I'm going to give weight watchers a bash and I have the pack, I can also get a calculator app on my
Phone but I just feel like I don't know where to start with it.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

hi there
I am moving from SW to WW too - starting this week - need a change and motivation of meetings / WI. Good Luck!

Hi. I've done slimming world for 4 years on and off, but this time it's taken me a year to lose 2.5 stone and since Christmas I've more or less stayed the same. I'm eating too much on it and just have gotten complacent. I'm going to give weight watchers a bash and I have the pack, I can also get a calculator app on my
Phone but I just feel like I don't know where to start with it.

Hi Louise. I've just sat and gone through my books and I think I get it. Just downloaded the ultimate app thingy to keep track
Of my points. It's so weird having to work the points out in everything but it's what I need. Fingers crossed I have a good week this week x

:) hi i was on SW like you But i only lost a lb here & there so i thought about comeing back to WW im still in my 1st week but i'm loving it i feel better already :D & i find the books so easy to follow at first i was unsure because of the change to PP lets hope the scales have dropped on Friday:rolleyes:
my fingers are crossed for us both.xx

What makes you guys switch from SW to WW?

I do weight watchers simply filling plan which is similar to SW!

i found with SW i eat to much because you can eat as much rice,pasta, grains & starchy veg & not forgetting beans as you like & with me being a veggie i think my body was used to that so maybe thats why i wasnt loseing any weight:confused:
i do feel much better on WW

I switched 8 weeks ago and have lost 16lbs. From January to march on SW I lost 4lbs so it's much better for me. Yes weighing was a chore at first but now it's part of my routine. Pp is much more lenient than syns and I genuinely don't feel like I am on a diet. If i cant be bothered to cook i can get a ready meal and its great. I love ww and my only regret is not doing it sooner. On SW I used to eat so much because I could and was never full but now on ww I'm always full and actually get days where I am eating just to use my points :)

Thanks for the replies guys

I have done my first day and i must say I've enjoyed it, I've had a tea I wouldn't normally have on Sw and it made a lovely change. I used my points on what I wanted and have got 3 left to use after I've eaten the 10 olives I budgeted for :) happy days!!!!

I e eaten half the amount I normally eat but I'm not hungry. I feel satisfied cos I've had what I wanted rather than substituting one thing for another

I'm weighing in tomorrow at boots, I can't really afford to go to group but I may go if I find I need to extra support

I've just switched over from SW to WW for the reasons others have mentioned. I could really put away a lot of pasta and I don't think that was doing me any favours! I've had a reasonable first week (2.1lb loss) and though today hasn't gone to plan I think I'm going to be okay. As you said, weird measuring and counting and tracking but I think that's possibly what I need. SW just a bit too easy to 'cheat' on :) Good luck :)

I switched over because I just wasn't motivated to do it!!

I found it too easy to overeat and too restrictive for my personal lifestyle. I enjoy being able to have both cereal and a sandwich in the day, and meat and carbs in the same day!

Use the official one :p

when did you get your calculator? If the calc was made before this year its likely to be wrong.. It used to be that the lowest you could get was 29, but they recently lowered that again to 26.... which made a lot of the 29 readings on the calc wrong. If you can lose on 29 thats all well and good but you may find you have to reduce

I was on sw for 2 years but gave up early last year after a 2.5 stone loss as I became bored with it, too restrictive. Tried Atkins for 3 week and dropped a stone but couldn't stick to it so now am trying ww. My mum always used ww when I was little and had good success with it but I never liked the fact u had to count fruit and veg. Now it's free I'm straight on the band wagon and loving it. The ready meals are a godsend for when I'm too busy to cook, there is so much choice and it doesn't feel like I'm on a diet yet. The whole weekly extra points thing is brill for the evening out or surprise takeaway that always pop up and make it feel like you are more in control, when I'm on a strict diet I get so tempted to cheat, but when its a bit more relaxed and I can cheat a lil I find I make better food choices and eat more fruit n less chocolate!!

erin87 said:
I was on sw for 2 years but gave up early last year after a 2.5 stone loss as I became bored with it, too restrictive. Tried Atkins for 3 week and dropped a stone but couldn't stick to it so now am trying ww. My mum always used ww when I was little and had good success with it but I never liked the fact u had to count fruit and veg. Now it's free I'm straight on the band wagon and loving it. The ready meals are a godsend for when I'm too busy to cook, there is so much choice and it doesn't feel like I'm on a diet yet. The whole weekly extra points thing is brill for the evening out or surprise takeaway that always pop up and make it feel like you are more in control, when I'm on a strict diet I get so tempted to cheat, but when its a bit more relaxed and I can cheat a lil I find I make better food choices and eat more fruit n less chocolate!!

That's exactly what I like about it. I've been more hungry last 2 days and I've eaten more but I'm still within my weekly limit. Brilliant!!! I'm joining a group Monday just to keep me on track x

Hi, I am joining you. To be fair, I love Slimming world, it works but having just moved I NEED to go to a group to get weighed! But having no car and lots of friends on WW in last place (have followed ww before) I have re-joined a group this morning!

I have put on 5lb since my last weigh in 12-4-12 :( so looking at getting right back on track!

Back