Switching from sw to ww. Not sure where to start!

Hi everyone :)

I am changing from SW to WW too, starting tomorrow. I knew the old WW plan off by heart so it will be difficult switching to PP's but hopefully I will soon get the hang of it.

SW is a great diet but I found that I was eating too much on it, and always wanting more because I couldn't have the foods that I really wanted and was substituting for foods that were free.

I want to learn to eat "normally" (whatever that is lol)
Like cereal for breakfast, suop or sandwich for lunch and a dinner of anything I like so long as it's in my points range (oh the convenience of ready made meals too will be fantastic!)

I have so much to lose too (ten stone) so I really really hope this works for me.

Nice to meet you all :)

VVV

Welcome... hope you all get the hang of it quick... its easy once you know what your doing :)

Ultimate value diary is amazing, just downloaded and for the price is excellent compared to the price u pay for ww online :)

erin87 said:
Ultimate value diary is amazing, just downloaded and for the price is excellent compared to the price u pay for ww online :)

Yes i use it. Total bargain and its worked very well for me so far! X

Well I have started ww today having come over from sw. One thing I enjoy is soup and due to work and kids I don't always get time to make my own so opt for the tin, this you couldn't do on sw. Plus, again if busy at work I can just grab a ready meal and all points are calculated for you, easy. Yes I have to weigh things but at least you learn portion control which sw never really taught you.

I have done SW in the past and I was the same I over ate and I think I need a more restrictive diet which is why I have rejoined ww and this way of eating has worked well for me in the past x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hey ladies...must say in the past I have done SW and the only thing I find harder on WW is jacket potatoes been 8 pp. As a veggie it's a staple and having a potato for lunch with a filling soon adds up to almost half my pp a day. Other than that, i really think WW is superior to SW....SW allows for you to become complacent and 'cheat' yourself, which WW doesn't! Good luck x

haninhudds said:
Hey ladies...must say in the past I have done SW and the only thing I find harder on WW is jacket potatoes been 8 pp. As a veggie it's a staple and having a potato for lunch with a filling soon adds up to almost half my pp a day. Other than that, i really think WW is superior to SW....SW allows for you to become complacent and 'cheat' yourself, which WW doesn't! Good luck x

Have you looked into doing some simply filling days? Then your potato would be free! Its similar to slimming world so great for those who fancy a change from sw but don't want to be hungry all the time. Plus you can mix between propoints and simply filling days depending on what suits you best.

It seems ww keep simply filling quite quiet but it's great! :-D x

Have you looked into doing some simply filling days? Then your potato would be free! Its similar to slimming world so great for those who fancy a change from sw but don't want to be hungry all the time. Plus you can mix between propoints and simply filling days depending on what suits you best.

It seems ww keep simply filling quite quiet but it's great! :-D x

They do keep it quiet actually...like a little secret! :)

But yes, tried it one week, and put on 3 lbs...the only time I put on or STS in 15 weeks, so may give it ago a bit further down the line and test the theory to see if that was why I put on that weeke or not. Just don't want to try it in the first few weeks back on xxx

ive had to go back to sw, i was just too hungry by the end of the week and had used all my extra points up, my exercise extra points and gone over daiy points, i was eating the wrong type of stuff and just cant do it. i can see why it would work if you stick to it but i think im too programmed to sw

Whatever get you through the day (or week in your case ) :) x

haninhudds said:
They do keep it quiet actually...like a little secret! :)

But yes, tried it one week, and put on 3 lbs...the only time I put on or STS in 15 weeks, so may give it ago a bit further down the line and test the theory to see if that was why I put on that weeke or not. Just don't want to try it in the first few weeks back on xxx

Ah that's a shame be good to use it on hungry days then! I like simply filling days most of the time then propoints when I feel like eating junk as can fit far more in! :-/ not exactly healthy but better than going off plan completely I guess. Whereas on simply filling days because I can fill up on real food less snacking is necessary :) restarting ww tomorrow after a few days of eating total junk eek! X

Back