Syn Free Bread/Scones

I made these last night and they are amazing!!! My boyfriend declared them better than real cheese scones.

300g cottage cheese
2 eggs
1 107g packet of SMASH (I used cheese and onion smash to make cheese flavoured scones)

Blend the cottage cheese and eggs with a hand blender. Then stir in the SMASH. This makes a dough which you can then seperate into scones. I made 8. I had mine with some homemade butternut squash, sweet potato and red lentil soup for lunch.

If you made these with plain SMASH you could easily make them bigger and have them as a bread bun substitute.

Next time I'm going to try frying some red onion (in frylight) and adding that to the mixture. You could add anything - garlic, chilli, chives etc.
These sound really nice, but I don't like cottage cheese. Does it taste like it at all? Thanks :) xx

Guys can someone help me out as I'm confused?
I am new to the plan extra easy I thought these would be free? Mixing all free foods together shouldn't make them syns should it? If so I'm doing the plan wrong as I mix loads of free foods together :-/ xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Guys can someone help me out as I'm confused?
I am new to the plan extra easy I thought these would be free? Mixing all free foods together shouldn't make them syns should it? If so I'm doing the plan wrong as I mix loads of free foods together :-/ xx

Hi sweetie, it's not really about mixing foods it's more about not using foods for their purpose. For example if you use potato to make crisps to snack on, your supposed to syn them because your changing its purpose, and the same with grinding down couscous to make flour etc. in this case your using smash like flour so your supposed to syn it.

I use smash as a bread crumb on chicken and I Dnt syn it, because I think to me it's not worth it, I don't do it a lot and I Dnt use all my syns so having a little bit of smash won't kill me but technically it should have a few syns. Hope that helped. Ask again if it didn't and ill try explain a different way x

Hi sweetie, it's not really about mixing foods it's more about not using foods for their purpose. For example if you use potato to make crisps to snack on, your supposed to syn them because your changing its purpose, and the same with grinding down couscous to make flour etc. in this case your using smash like flour so your supposed to syn it.

I use smash as a bread crumb on chicken and I Dnt syn it, because I think to me it's not worth it, I don't do it a lot and I Dnt use all my syns so having a little bit of smash won't kill me but technically it should have a few syns. Hope that helped. Ask again if it didn't and ill try explain a different way x

Thanks for your advice I understand, it's seems silly but I do get it oh bother will have to make a few more changes he he Thanks again ;) X

hi i wouldnt say u were using the smash as flour cos all your really doing it baking smash to make it hard the same as u would when using mash on a pie, if your using it as a snack then yes i would syn but not as a meal.

if u used the smash instead of flour to make a cake then thats different but u havent actually changed the form of the smash, i think its common sense really we all no that free food is what we shuld be filling up on but with anythin to much can damage you weightloss.

imo these are free x

I love these and have them with homemade broth but they are supposed to be synned. You couldnt make scones without flour so you ARE using the smash as a flour substitute. That said, if they arent affecting your weight loss then fill your boots!

i made these last night and they are amazing!!! My boyfriend declared them better than real cheese scones.

300g cottage cheese
2 eggs
1 107g packet of smash (i used cheese and onion smash to make cheese flavoured scones)

blend the cottage cheese and eggs with a hand blender. Then stir in the smash. This makes a dough which you can then seperate into scones. I made 8. I had mine with some homemade butternut squash, sweet potato and red lentil soup for lunch.

If you made these with plain smash you could easily make them bigger and have them as a bread bun substitute.

Next time i'm going to try frying some red onion (in frylight) and adding that to the mixture. You could add anything - garlic, chilli, chives etc.
afraid to say not syn free as you used smash as an alternative to flour!

Got really excited when I saw this thread, then realised they were savoury :(

Someone needs to come up with syn free cones of the cakey variety! ;)

Can I make these without cottage cheese as I don't have any in the house :) should I substitute with anything?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

What a brilliant idea, thanks :)

Just cooking some with some spring onions in and a bit of half fat cheese on the top..... Smell lush!

Back