Syn free chicken and sweetcorn soup (Chinese style)

dudette2001uk

I will be a Princess!
Hi there,

I just thought I'd post this recipe for Chicken and Sweetcorn soup. It tastes very like the soup you get from a Chinese takeaway, but syn-free on EE, or using a HexB choice on Green :D

Chicken and Sweetcorn soup (Serves 4)

1 bunch of spring onions sliced
Frylight to fry off the spring onions
14oz (400g) can of creamed sweetcorn
4 oz frozen sweetcorn (tinned is fine though)
6oz cooked chicken meat
1+1/4 pints of chicken stock
1 egg, beaten

Method:

1. Fry spring onions for 30 seconds
2. Add creamed and frozen sweetcorn, chicken and stock
3. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes
4. Bring almost to the boil, add beaten egg slowly, while gently stirring soup to form egg threads
5. Cook until the egg has set - do not boil

Syn free soup on EE, or could use chicken as a HexB on Green, and almost as good as chicken and sweetcorn soup from the Chinese! :D

I'd do anything to save on syns!

Sian xxx

That sounds delish Sian :D I've just nabbed it and copied it to my growing folder of "things to try" :D

Thanks xxx

THANK YOU!!! I made this last week (without the chicken tho) and finished the whole pot in 2 days on my own. A. Ma. Zing.

Off to the shoppes to buy more ingredientos now :D

Just made this and I'm very impressed how similar it tastes to the real thing! I did have to add a bit of salt and soy sauce to improve it slightly but it's really good - thanks!

Finally got around to making this. It's really good but I think i'd leave the spring onions out next time and use less stock - personal preference!

Thanks for the recipe :)

I added dried noodles to the simmer stage and they take 5 minutes saves on using two pots and it was wonderful.
A meal in a bowl thanks to the noodles.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20130313_160203.png
    ForumRunner_20130313_160203.png
    346 KB · Views: 1,378
Hi there,

I just thought I'd post this recipe for Chicken and Sweetcorn soup. It tastes very like the soup you get from a Chinese takeaway, but syn-free on EE, or using a HexB choice on Green :D

Chicken and Sweetcorn soup (Serves 4)

1 bunch of spring onions sliced
Frylight to fry off the spring onions
14oz (400g) can of creamed sweetcorn
4 oz frozen sweetcorn (tinned is fine though)
6oz cooked chicken meat
1+1/4 pints of chicken stock
1 egg, beaten

Method:

1. Fry spring onions for 30 seconds
2. Add creamed and frozen sweetcorn, chicken and stock
3. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 5 minutes
4. Bring almost to the boil, add beaten egg slowly, while gently stirring soup to form egg threads
5. Cook until the egg has set - do not boil

Syn free soup on EE, or could use chicken as a HexB on Green, and almost as good as chicken and sweetcorn soup from the Chinese! :D

I'd do anything to save on syns!

Sian xxx

That sounds gorgeous Hun, thanks for sharing xxx

My boyf's fav thank you! Need get my hands on the creamed sweet corn.

Dudette, I'm impressed. I just cooked a batch of this for my dinner tomorrow and for my boyfriends dinner at work as Chinese soup is his fav! Followed your recipe except only using 400ml stock and there was still loads :) we just had a bowl each and wow it's nice!! Lots of salt and pepper and loads of spring onions for me, I love them and 2 fat chicken breasts shredded went in too.

Can't believe how filling it is. Thanks again for this recipe :)

Dudette, I'm impressed. I just cooked a batch of this for my dinner tomorrow and for my boyfriends dinner at work as Chinese soup is his fav! Followed your recipe except only using 400ml stock and there was still loads :) we just had a bowl each and wow it's nice!! Lots of salt and pepper and loads of spring onions for me, I love them and 2 fat chicken breasts shredded went in too.

Can't believe how filling it is. Thanks again for this recipe :)

Glad you liked it hun!! :) I think I might make this myself next week xx

It was even better the next day. Got 4 bowls in total. Was so filling, to be fair it didn't look too appetising but made up for it in taste lol :D thanks again, gonna be a regular!

I jst bought the so Asia book from my slimming world class this recipe is on there but it says it's syns ! X

Back