fry light spray
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tsp sweetener
312ml stock made with bovril
salt & pepper
a handful of fresh coriander
steamed basmati rice to serve

Method:
Chop the onion, grind the cloves, add the ground coriander and remaining spices, peel and crush the garlic, peel and grate the ginger, deseed and slice the chillies, peel the potatoes and cute into bite size chunks, cut the chicken into bite size chunks.

Spray a deep frying pan with frylight, saute the onion over a low heat for 10-15 minutes. When the onions are soft add the spice mix, and saute for a couple of minutes to coat the onions, keeping the heat set low.

Mix in the crushed garlic and grated ginger, add the chillies and continue to saute in the spices for a couple of minutes. Add the potato and chicken pieces to the pan and saute for a further 2 minutes or until coloured.

Pour in the canned tomatoes, sweetener and stock. Mix well, season and bring to the boil Simmer for 45 minutes or until the potatoes and chicken are cooked through. Meanwhile chop the fresh coriander. Serve sprinkled with the coriander and steamed basmati rice :)

Last edited:
yummy, i really fancy that now lol =)

Starting Weight : 11st 6
Week 1: 3.5lbs
Week 2: 2lbs
Target: 9 stone ish =)

I made this for my tea last night and it was gorgeous. I had loads of boiled rice with it and it was syn free on xtra easy xxxx

Ive just made some for mi tea and its magic, absolutely delish many thanks for posting it tinkerbell x.

mmmmmm thanks for this im going to cook this next week thanks once again Anna xxx

Hi Tinkerbell, can i ask what sweetner you used? I made a curry last week and it was so bitter and not very nice at all so i am wondering if the sweetner will help make it taste better. I will try your receipe at the weekend as it looks much better than the one i tried!

Thanks

Sunshine

Hi Tinkerbell, can i ask what sweetner you used? I made a curry last week and it was so bitter and not very nice at all so i am wondering if the sweetner will help make it taste better. I will try your receipe at the weekend as it looks much better than the one i tried!

Thanks

Sunshine

Hi there
i put some canderel sweetener in it, this takes the edge away from the taste which makes it soury.
hope this helps
x

Yum, this was fab! I've done it twice now, the second time I made treble quantities, left the meat out, then froze the rest in batches for a quick curry next time. When thawed, just added chicken, (or veggies or whatever!)

Made this last night...............really lovely and very filling.........couldnt eat all mine and was stuffed mmmmmmmm

P.s i made it with chicken left over from Sundays roast

this is delicious I really enjoyed it mmmmm Thank you so much for putting this on =D I enjoyed it with tescos white and wild and veg steam rice (microwave) for a grand total of 1 syn =D
no friday nights curry does not get better than that xxxx

Thankyou so much for posting this! I made this for tea earlier and i could happily live on this all week hehe! Love curry and loving slimming world :) xxxx

Back