Syn Free Dip For Cruditees and Syn Free Salad Dressings.....

Hi

I joined SW last night......

I've just had a lovely lunch but almost made a mistake. I thought Kraft Fat Free Thousand Island dressing was syn free on SW. Apparently not. :eek: Thankfully I had balsamic vinegar so used that as a salad dressing.

But wondering if any dressing as syn free.????

Also any idea what I could make that's syn free for a dip for cruditees - I love raw cauliflower and carrots as a snack - but normally have a low fat sour cream and chive dip. Could I make something similar that was syn free do you think????

I hope this is in the right place....

Thanks

You could chop some chives and mix them with some fat free fromage frais. Maybe add a little garlic salt and a squeeze of lemon juice - that would be totally Syn free.

I like to make a Syn free salsa. Chop up a couple of tomatoes, a red pepper, and a red onion. Mix with a couple of tbsp chopped tomatoes/passata and some chopped chilli. Simples!

Or you could make some hummus, really easy to make and also Syn free. Just blitz up a can of chickpeas with a couple of tbsp fat free fromages frais, some garlic salt and a sqeeze of lemon juice. Sometimes I like to add a roasted red pepper to it too, for that extra bit of flavour!

Think it's only the French and Italian that are free. Needs to be less than 40cals per 100ml.

I use quark and mix it with or sorts, like chives, onions, cheese (either hea or syns just makes it go further - stronger the cheese the better) a tbsp of sweet chilli sauce mixed with quark is amazing!! Just can't remember syns of top of my head, think its about 1.5.

Can't remember anymore now but ill get thinking cap on xx

Haven't got my book to had but it always used to be 40, so it might have changed x

Ooh, maybe I've just imagined that then! Haven't got my book to hand either but will double check when I get home :) xx

Thank you those dips sound fab...... That's me sorted for my veg snacking at the weekend then ;)

I'll buy those 2 dressings you suggested too :)

It's hard getting my head round this at first.

Im nearly sure it changed from 40 to 50 in the new book! ;-)

I think you're right! Forgot to check, but I'm sure I read it was 50 when I was looking through my new pack :)

Back