Syn Free Donner Kebab

i made this for my hubby,he's doing the ee with me and he loves it,tastes really good (just like form the chip shop) lean lamb mince is in asda

Made this last night with a low syn garlic mayo, it was lovely, OH and kids loved it as well

Omg this is gawjus!! My hubby loved it too will def be doing it again x

Attachments

• image-3084193747.jpg
    image-3084193747.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 392
I made this tonight as a kofta on skewers cooked on the BBQ and it was DELICIOUS :D

Finally just put one in the oven and realised I've forgot the flour, I hope it will be ok?

I made it with lean beef mince as I couldn't get any lean lamb tried asda as well to get some. why is it that all the food that's good for you seems to be hard to get hold of, expensive or just plain out of stock .x. Rant over with lol

pjplatts said:
Omg this is gawjus!! My hubby loved it too will def be doing it again x

This looks amazing !! Need the recipe ASAP !!. Pleaseeee :D xx

coolkerry said:
This looks amazing !! Need the recipe ASAP !!. Pleaseeee :D xx

1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb Lean lamb mince
Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.
Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.
Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and hot pepper sauce (Syn Free) & Fat Free Natural Yogurt mixed with fresh chopped mint.

pjplatts said:
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
500g/1.1 lb Lean lamb mince
Method:
Preheat oven to gas mark 4/180C/350F
In a large bowl, combine the dried oregano, dried Italian herbs, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper, salt and black pepper.
Add the lamb mince and mix thoroughly for 2-3 minutes. Take out all of your aggression on the kebab mixture, punching and kneading until no air pockets remain and the kebab meat is extremely smooth.
Shape the seasoned mince into a loaf and place on a baking tray.
Bake in the middle shelf of the oven for 1 hour 20 minutes, turning the loaf half way through the cooking time to ensure even browning.
Once cooked, remove from the oven and cover with foil. Allow to rest for 10 minutes.
Slice the donor kebab as thinly as possible and serve with pitta, salad and hot pepper sauce (Syn Free) & Fat Free Natural Yogurt mixed with fresh chopped mint.

Aww thank you very much :) xx

Added this to my meals! Cant wait to try it! :)

OMG people i'm in love :thankyou::thankyou::thankyou: this recipe is GREAT even my partner loved it and that's a challenge lol only thing i'll do different next time is half the pepper it was a little to hot for my taste x

Lean lamb mince is still syns isn't it? If not I am a happy bunny, I love a ddonner kebab

Back