Syn free ideas

lou2307

Hi everyone I've been on slimming world 6 weeks now and lost a stone.... Weightloss has been really slow.. I'm just looking for new breakfast lunch and dinner ideas... And what do u use ur syns on!!! I've tried speed soup and its great but I don't want to get bored.

There are sticky threads in the recipe section for breakfast and lunch ideas. There are also what's for. .... threads for breakfast lunch and dinner and if you do a sesrch fot lunch youll get something like 400 threads. There are also thousands of recipes in the recipe forum

Well done on your stone loss!

I struggle for breakfast, I normally just end up with boring fruit!

Hi everyone I've been on slimming world 6 weeks now and lost a stone.... Weightloss has been really slow.. I'm just looking for new breakfast lunch and dinner ideas... And what do u use ur syns on!!! I've tried speed soup and its great but I don't want to get bored.

Hello and welcome along, as Starlight says there are so many threads for you to look at for Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner. These will give you great ideas and inspire you.

With regards to syns they can be whatever you want them to be. It doesn't sound like you are using many at all which isn't a good idea. Additional healthy extras can be used as syns when you've already had your allowance. For example, if you had cereal at breakfast HEXB but wanted bread for a sandwich at lunch, you would syn it because you had already had your allowance (unless on Red/Green plan where you can have 2 healthy extras).

Other syns could be a ready made dinner, an alcoholic drink or three, a chocolate bar - the possibilities are endless and the choice is yours just as long as you count them. I find they are a good way of incorporating some treats and stop you feeling deprived. Hope that helps :)

Hi. Well done on your 1 stone loss. Wish I was doing as well as you. I've been doing it for 7 weeks now and have lost half a stone so I'd definitely swap places with you. However, I'm not disheartened as I'm viewing this as a change for life and am absolutely embracing my rediscovered love of cooking from scratch. There's loads of amazing recipes on here, thanks to everyone contributing so regularly. I can honestly say we haven't eaten such delicious food for years and, as long as I plan ahead for the week, I'm finding it hassle free! I tend to use my Syns for things like light mayo, meringue nests, Muller FF Greek yoghurts, Bacardi extra cheese, etc. When I first began I bought in things specifically to have as Syns, like fun sized chocolate bars and crisps but now I rarely want things like that but, if I do, I know I can have them. Good luck. :)

During the week I am using on syns mainly on a snack for the evening, I like french fries, Mikado and 2 finger kit kat. Also for extras with a meal like ryvita thins, or bit of extra cheese, the mullers which have a syn in, some dips or sauce, that kind of thing. During the week my breakfasts are always hex b cereal, my hex a is half skimmed milk, half cheese. Lunch is either left over pasta/chilli. Or pasta salad with chicken/ham/salmon or cheese. Or rice salad with the same. Try to make them tasty with fat free fromage frais or yogurt mixed in with lots of pepper/balsamic/squeeze of lemon/sweet chilly dip etc Dinners can be anything, frittata/pasta/chilli/curry or baked chicken & veg. Jacket potatoes always nice too. I am going to make some prawn/chilli fishcakes this week and perhaps get some Tesco healthy eating sausages out of the freezer. Homemade burgers are nice too.
Good luck x

Back