Syn Free Lemon Curd

b_n_3003

Silver Member
I had a taste of this last night at class, and it is totally yummy and totally free, I was given recipe so I thought I'd share

3 tbsp of canderel
grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
2 large eggs
2oz very low fat fromage frais

Whisk lemon juice and eggs together,add rind and sweeetner, place in bowl over saucepan of simmering water, stir until thickened.
Remove from heat and whisk in fromage frais until smooth.
Pour into a jar and keep cool.

Apparently you can also use (as above) but add a whole tub of Quark which makes a lovely lemony cheesecake filling.

It really is gorg! :)

oh yummmmm! thanks! :D

sounds delicious, like the idea of adding quark to make it like a cheesecake, will be trying this one at the weekend

made this tonight for me as I am having difficulty resisting the lemon drizzle cake I have made for OH. It is delicious and will be lovely tomorrow when it is chilled.

Oh great, I love lemon curd on my toast....

How long does this keep once it is made?

How long does this keep once it is made?
A couple of days if kept in the fridge - mine never lasts :)
here is the cheesecake I made
PICT0182.JPG

Reactions: Sky
oooooooooooooooh... will have to give this a go, I lOVE lemon curd :) I have a lemon that needs using

Weeeeeeeell...I just made this recipe! Being the dunce that I am I managed to scramble the egg mixture, doh! One second it was fine, the next it was scrambled! :cry: However, I pushed it through a sieve and mixed it in to the fromage frais and it still tastes lovely, nom nom! :) xx

I just made this............... and YUMMY.
i used 1 lemon juice only ( i had the lemon left as i'd already used its zest...lol)
1 egg
and some sweetner - i just tipped in some!

aware that Sian's ^^^ had scrambled i took it off the heat just as it was thickening, then cooled in a bowl of cold water.
I just ate it as it was, didnt add the fromage frais. But i did crush a meringue nest over the top and made a very yummy lemon meringue pie ( minis the pie...lol)

but filo pastry is pretty low syn, so thinking of making a pastry case in a muffin type tin and then cook, add the above lemon mix and top with meringue nest.

I made this last night & agree it's very nice. I used it to top my 'left-over breakfast' Scan Bran & also as a topping on mixed fruit after dinner. I'll make again (and again, and again) & think, with the FF, it would make a brill filling for the 1/2 Syn Fruit Roulade.
Also, as it's not overtly sweet & deffo not sticky, I'm wondering if, without the FF, it could be used as a dip for say prawns or as a 'glaze' with white fish.

Lemon juice has no syns, cooked or not............... don't ask why lemon juice is free and orange juice has a syn value! ( think they presume you would not be drinking 1/2pint lemon juice like you would OJ)

Have just made and had a little taste mmmmm!

Have put into ramekins with a sprinkle of options on top to have after my dinner. Have put some aside for tomorrow and might get some meringues to have with it or have some crushed digestives. Just what I needed to feel like was having a treat but its not naughty at all! Thanks folks!

Any ideas which are the best meringues to get...with the least syns?

Got all ingredients to make this half way through !!! Realised I bought creme fraiche what a muppet lol

Back