1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

Syn free lemon meringue pie

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by Bige, 4 September 2010 Social URL.

1. Bige

Bige Full Member

Slimming world
    I have found a few recipes for syn free lemon meringue and made one today, the meringue looked good but under that looked like scrambled egg, I tasted it and it was ok but I couldn’t serve it to anyone else ! Do any of you have the perfect recipe as i want to make this ?
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. leahs

leahs Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    hey.. There is a lush bas that is on here it's...

300g fat free youghurt(plain)
    2 lemons- grate rind and juice( i added some lemon juice too-not sure if this is synned or not?)
    1 sachet gelatin
    4 tbsp sweetner for the base
    5 tbsp sweetner for the meringue
    3 eggs

first we make the base:
    -mix the yogurt, sweetner, lemon then yolks from all 3 eggs
    -put mix in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water for 10 mins-stirring well
    -add gelatin and mix well
    -pour into flan dish(i had to pour mine through a seive as the gelatin hadnt dissolved properly-oops)

next make meringue
    -add the sweetner to the egg whites and whisk until stiff- you should be able to turn bowl upside down and the mix not move
    -spread over the base gently
    -bake in oven for 10 mins (keep checking, its ready once the top is brown!)

-leave to set (base will still be runny until its cooled down)

It uses yoghurt instead of quark.

How do you make your meringue? I made this and the base was lush (very lemony tho) but my meringue was soft :(
  4. philidelphia

philidelphia Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Cant wait to try this, thanks for posting.
  5. Bige

Bige Full Member

Slimming world
    Thanks, Hope this turns out better;)
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.