syn free or low syn ready meals???

I used to boil a bag of basmati rice while I was getting showered/changed and then nuke some tesco mixed beans in taco sauce. Can add a sprinkle of grated cheese as syn or he.......delicious!!

hi does any one know the syn value of icelands chinese chicken curry and icelands egg fried rice cheers xx
Ask this question in the syn section for quick response xx

Can't see the curry online - can you post the nutritional information?

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Iceland Chinese Takeaway, Egg Fried Rice, frozen 350g pack[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
12 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 38½ Syns
green.gif
Green 12 Syns
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Iceland Chicken Curry with Rice, frozen 450g pack

extraeasy.gif
10½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 18½ Syns
green.gif
Green 10½ Syns

tesco veggie pot, spicy morocaan vegetables.. its in the fresh section
the most delicious ready meal ive ever tasted! £3.50 normally tho, but i quite often find it in the reduced fridge!

A quorn chilled cottage pie 500g is tasty and huge - and only 4.5 syns on green. Yummy!

ZXXXXXXXXX

Hi - not a ready meal per se, but
Marks + Spencer Chicken and white wine sauce = 2.5 syns
And they are gorgeous, with Batchelors Chicken Savoury rice and veg xx

The 2008 SW Branded Free Food Booklet (£1.95) in group is about to be updated and has masses of ready meals by all manufacturers - all Syn free on either Green or Original. If you're doing Extra Easy then they are completely Free. Too many to post here.

Thats interesting I will have a look for this may have to change classes my consultant will not get any directories as he thinks we will spend hours looking at naughty foods .. I am doing extra easy sometimes would be great if i could have a ready meal when i am alone xx

This is such a great forum, I too am a long shift worker & live on beans on toast haha. Thanks peeps :)

Hey guys - I have some low synned meals that aren't ready meals as such, but meals to go with veg etc if you fancy sticking something in the oven rather than following a recipe: -
Tesco’s Finest Pot Roast Beef with Shiraz Sauce, half = 1 syn
Tesco’s Finest Duck in Plum Sauce, 500g = 4.5 syns
Tesco’s Finest Chicken Chausseur, 400g = 3 syns
Tesco Salmon fillets with cracked pepper, twin pack = free
Tescos BBQ Salmon burgers, frozen = free

I bought the 2010 Directory thinking it would help me find some low syn ready meals, but I was disappointed as there is a lot of stuff in there that is fairly obvious (like listing tuna under different manufacturers), or different brands of diet drinks, so it obscures the useful stuff.

what a great thread. I sometimes have these for lunch:

M&S count on us spag bo - 6 syns
M&S count on us asparagus risotto - 5.5 syns
M&S Eat Well Layered Prawn salad with pasta -3.5 syns
M&S Arbroath Hot Smoked Salmon Flakes, chilled - 1 syns (great with a salad)

free foods - convience

sharwoods egg noodles - green and EE

Iceland chicken fillets and beef slices in gravy are both free on RED and EE. the chicken ones are £1 a box and the beef are £2 for a pack of 2.

Hope this helps someone xx

is this still true ? cause i looked up the syn values online and jus put in all the info on the back of the box and they came up 8 syns ?

never mind me lol i jus looked up the brand and they are free :) yay

I found today 'Stewed!' Chickpea, Sweet Potato and Feta Stew. I couldn't find it in the syns online but when I put it into the syns calculator it came out as free on EE and Green (about 230 calories for the pot). I gather from the reviews that it tastes good but the portion size isn't very big (and it is quite expensive). Haven't tried it yet but I'll let you know if I do.

Gail x

Ideas for free/low syn ready meals please

Hi everyone, I'm just wondering if any of you know of any low syn/syn free ready meals for original days? Sometimes when I'm working and hubby is at work, I only have myself to cook for and come home starving lol so want to grab something quick. I've been having omlettes, or sausage/bacon and egg but wondered if there are any ready meals for now and again. I've bought a couple of Good For You/Eat Smart meals but once I've checked the online calculator they're coming out at 6 or 7 syns! :eek:
Any help will be much appreciated :)
Lou

Back