Syn Free Pancakes

This is what I am having this evening with a banana, low fat greek yoghurt and sweetener....

I had posted this as an answer to a thread, but thought I would put it here so it could be found more easily if needed :D

Syn free pancakes;

Separate an egg into two bowls - white and yolk.

Whisk the white and add 3 tsp sweetner (or to taste), whisking til white and meringue-ish
Add some vanilla essence to the yolk.

Add the yolk to the white and fold together - this is your batter.

frylight a pan and add all of the batter, spreading it gently with the back of a spoon.

be gentle - this pancake is fragile! leave completely alone until you can slide a fish slice (etc) underneath, carefully turn it over to cook the second side. again, leave it alone until done, then lift it out onto your plate and add your toppings and enjoy!

good with fruit and yog (like I had) or lemon and sweetner for a more trad pancake

NO SYNS!!! :D
I forgot about these. Made them yesterday. Gorgeous. x

mmmm these look yummy!! I was a bit worried about pancake day as it's definately 1 of my favourite days of the year =D I'll be making these one's now

Thankyou Angie =)

xx

Thanks for this pancake recipe I love pancakes and it will come in for shrove tuesday... can't wait Karen

do you think it would be possible to food a food colouring in this at all, was thinking of doing them red for valentines? xx

Stephie I was wondering the same thing as I had an odd urge to put green food colouring through them. Seen the bottle on the shelf and thought green pancakes would be fun :D

Fab recipe though will deffo make these again. I made ordinary pancakes SW style last weekend and they were too heavy for a breakfast, these ones are so light and yummy :)

Hi,
Just made myself one of these (thought I'd better check it out before pancake day is here) and it was actually quite nice.
Texture was a bit different, but there is a definate pancake flavour here - think it's probably the best syn free sweet treat you're going to get! Had it with lemon juice and splenda but think I'll be adding lemon juice to the mix next time as well as vanilla

Thank you!!

Thank you will get some Almond essence in ,it's about the only thing I have'nt got lol !!
Does it take the eggyness (?) right away ?

hmm wouldnt say totally, no, but for me it made them more palletable (sp?).

It is down to taste but I used a good 3 tbsp almond essence served with a frozen cherry mullerlight and fresh cherries.

This is a French Omelette if you leave the vanilla essence out and they are gorgeous, light and fluffy, and somehow seem far more filling than an ordinary one, and they do taste different too. Not for tossing though lol.

I just tried these (experimenting for pancake day!) and they are yum!!

I agree with the people who said they tasted slightly eggy...but with some fruit and sweetener over it I didnt notice. Taste was very close to a normal pancake I thought! :)

Have had these a couple of times now and will have them again today (for Pancake Day!) Just wanted to say thanks for the recipe (I used vanilla essence) and that I shared this at group last night so there are probably a few ladies enjoying their syn free pancakes today in Bedfordshire!

Just made this fr Shrove Tuesday. I thouight i wouldn't get a pancake. AMde three each for the kids, and was ever so good. Came on here with the hump while they were eating them and saw this, so amde them. Really nice. I had a lot of sweetner and added lemon juice at the end. I think they would be lovely savoury with breakfast too. Not sure I would bother all the time. Really good so as not deprived on pancake day.

Thanks everyone. There's always an alternative to everything fattening on this site if you look hard enough. Dunno what I would do without you!

Lynda

Lynda

i am soooo excited to try these! i too was getting the humf on cos was gunna be left out!

:heartpump: this section haha

xxxxxxxxx

thank you, just tried these and they're lovely.

Am I being stupid, or are pancakes syn free anyway? You can make them with eggs, flower and water can't you?? Thats syn free on EE?

Back