SYN FREE PASTA QUICHE

Yea she made it like that but smash is free anyway so I don't understand ? I've made one (minus smash) for my dinner so hope it's not ! X

daniella25 said:
Yea she made it like that but smash is free anyway so I don't understand ? I've made one (minus smash) for my dinner so hope it's not ! X

It's the concept of food abuse.. If you use a food other than it's original purpose.. (So using smash as flour) should be synned according to the official sw rules.

However, I think its about being sensible.

Having 1 smash pizza every now and again is fine... Having it everyday? That's silly,..

Would food abuse happen every day thou! Using coconut Muller yoghurt (syn free) in a curry to make it into a korma ect?
Surely if a food is syn free and made with no syns in it remains syn free???

lozzie84 said:
Would food abuse happen every day thou! Using coconut Muller yoghurt (syn free) in a curry to make it into a korma ect?
Surely if a food is syn free and made with no syns in it remains syn free???

Oh that's a new one... Is it nice in a curry?

Yeah that's what I think... There is an official reason on sw.. If you look under faqs it'll tell u there.

So how do u work out syn values if there aren't any syns to start with?

To my knowledge it will come up free on the calculator anyway. maybe you have to syn it by its calorie content (1 syn to 20 calories) but that wouldn't make sense

So how do u work out syn values if there aren't any syns to start with?

You syn it as you would if there was no free food allowance, ie 1 syn per 20 calories.

I'm not saying its right what I writing x but I asked my leader and she said as long as you eat in moderate and alway have the super free we shouldn't need to syn it?

I'm not saying its right what I writing x but I asked my leader and she said as long as you eat in moderate and alway have the super free we shouldn't need to syn it?

You dont - if you use it in moderation and as part of a meal along with your 1/3 superfree, so technically a Smash pizza is fine as long as it comes as a meal with plenty of veggies etc.

But you asked how to syn something "if there aren't any syns to start with" - the answer to that is by calculating it as 1 syn per 20 calories as there is no longer any free food allowance.

When potato is not free - ie on a Red day OR when its being used for a reason other than its intention (eg as a flour, as a snack, or without 1/3 superfree along with it etc etc) it is synned at 1 syn per 20 calories - as is everything else that doesnt have a free food allowance. :)

You dont - if you use it in moderation and as part of a meal along with your 1/3 superfree, so technically a Smash pizza is fine as long as it comes as a meal with plenty of veggies etc.

But you asked how to syn something "if there aren't any syns to start with" - the answer to that is by calculating it as 1 syn per 20 calories as there is no longer any free food allowance.

When potato is not free - ie on a Red day OR when its being used for a reason other than its intention (eg as a flour, as a snack, or without 1/3 superfree along with it etc etc) it is synned at 1 syn per 20 calories - as is everything else that doesnt have a free food allowance. :)
So you mean if its free on ee,g ,and red that means it stays free x

So you mean if its free on ee,g ,and red that means it stays free x

Yes - as long as you dont use it for something other than it is intended AND you eat it in moderation and always with 1/3 superfree.

Theres not a great deal thats free on all 3 plans other then Superfree stuff ;)

I'm really pleased I joined this group .... Loads of great info
I'm off to make this pasta bake thing for tea

Back