Syn Free Pub Drinks

muttley

Hi All

I am new here, so this is my first post. I have'nt ever found a good way to lose weight before, as I usually can't stick to the plan. I'm not massive by any means, 5'9, around 13st and 34 waist but i need to trim my gut down. A friend of mine has started Slimming World and has had results from the first week, I am a bit of a skeptic and think how can you lose weight on this 'syn' counting plan when a huge bowl of pasta is free?!

Anyway, it seems like there is a lot of variation so I am thinking why not give it a go...and so I shall.

What I would like to know however, is does anyone know any syn free drinks that I can get at the pub, I am a social drinker and go out Weds, Fri, Sat, Sun. I don't tend to eat much but looking at the Syns counter, it seems that this could be my downfall as I drink Carling or Guiness most nights.

I don't mind cutting the alcohol, but I would really appreciate some suggestions for things I could drink, with and without the alcohol.

Many thanks in advance!!

Hiya, welcome to SW! :D

Syn free = Diet drinks! That's all for syn free

BUT compared to Carling / Guiness the best drinks to have are spirits with diet mixers or a wine spritzer... otherwise it starts creeping up on the syn counter x

Hi Muttley,

If you want an alcoholic drink, spirits with diet mixers are best. Gin and slimline tonic (2.5 syns), vodka and diet coke (2.5 syns), etc. Basically a 25ml measure is 2.5 syns. I often have malibu/JD and diet coke, or occasionally a glass of wine for around 5 syns.

Hope that helps.

I have a tot of brandy and top up with diet coke in a pint glass!
Lasts for ages and only 2.5 syns!
I have always been a brandy and diet coke drinker but not normally in such a large glass but you still get the taste!

Back