Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Syn Free Pub Drinks

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by muttley, 28 August 2009 Social URL.

1. muttley

muttley New Member

Hi All

I am new here, so this is my first post. I have'nt ever found a good way to lose weight before, as I usually can't stick to the plan. I'm not massive by any means, 5'9, around 13st and 34 waist but i need to trim my gut down. A friend of mine has started Slimming World and has had results from the first week, I am a bit of a skeptic and think how can you lose weight on this 'syn' counting plan when a huge bowl of pasta is free?!

Anyway, it seems like there is a lot of variation so I am thinking why not give it a go...and so I shall.

What I would like to know however, is does anyone know any syn free drinks that I can get at the pub, I am a social drinker and go out Weds, Fri, Sat, Sun. I don't tend to eat much but looking at the Syns counter, it seems that this could be my downfall as I drink Carling or Guiness most nights.

I don't mind cutting the alcohol, but I would really appreciate some suggestions for things I could drink, with and without the alcohol.

Many thanks in advance!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya, welcome to SW! :D

Syn free = Diet drinks! That's all for syn free

BUT compared to Carling / Guiness the best drinks to have are spirits with diet mixers or a wine spritzer... otherwise it starts creeping up on the syn counter x

4. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Muttley,

If you want an alcoholic drink, spirits with diet mixers are best. Gin and slimline tonic (2.5 syns), vodka and diet coke (2.5 syns), etc. Basically a 25ml measure is 2.5 syns. I often have malibu/JD and diet coke, or occasionally a glass of wine for around 5 syns.

Hope that helps.

5. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have a tot of brandy and top up with diet coke in a pint glass!
    Lasts for ages and only 2.5 syns!
    I have always been a brandy and diet coke drinker but not normally in such a large glass but you still get the taste!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.