Syn Free Pub Drinks

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by muttley, 28 August 2009 Social URL.

1. muttley

muttley New Member

Hi All

I am new here, so this is my first post. I have'nt ever found a good way to lose weight before, as I usually can't stick to the plan. I'm not massive by any means, 5'9, around 13st and 34 waist but i need to trim my gut down. A friend of mine has started Slimming World and has had results from the first week, I am a bit of a skeptic and think how can you lose weight on this 'syn' counting plan when a huge bowl of pasta is free?!

Anyway, it seems like there is a lot of variation so I am thinking why not give it a go...and so I shall.

What I would like to know however, is does anyone know any syn free drinks that I can get at the pub, I am a social drinker and go out Weds, Fri, Sat, Sun. I don't tend to eat much but looking at the Syns counter, it seems that this could be my downfall as I drink Carling or Guiness most nights.

I don't mind cutting the alcohol, but I would really appreciate some suggestions for things I could drink, with and without the alcohol.

Many thanks in advance!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sarahandmolly

sarahandmolly Gold Member

Start Weight:
    12st7lb
    Current Weight:
    11st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(7.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hiya, welcome to SW! :D

Syn free = Diet drinks! That's all for syn free

BUT compared to Carling / Guiness the best drinks to have are spirits with diet mixers or a wine spritzer... otherwise it starts creeping up on the syn counter x

4. kevandju5

kevandju5 Maintaining

Start Weight:
    9st9lb
    Current Weight:
    8st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st13lb(9.63%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Muttley,

If you want an alcoholic drink, spirits with diet mixers are best. Gin and slimline tonic (2.5 syns), vodka and diet coke (2.5 syns), etc. Basically a 25ml measure is 2.5 syns. I often have malibu/JD and diet coke, or occasionally a glass of wine for around 5 syns.

Hope that helps.

5. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I have a tot of brandy and top up with diet coke in a pint glass!
    Lasts for ages and only 2.5 syns!
    I have always been a brandy and diet coke drinker but not normally in such a large glass but you still get the taste!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.