syn free rice pudding - YUM

That sounds amazing - one I'll definitely have to try! I also made one that was completely syn and HE free this morning, and honestly it was a lot better than I thought it would be! Quite simply:

1 x mug pudding rice
2 x mug water (I pre-boiled in kettle to save time)
1 x muller toffee / vanilla yoghurt
nutmeg and / or cinammon
sweetener

Bring the rice to the boil, then turn down and simmer until water is absorbed. Whilst cooking, grate about 2 tsp spice into boiling rice. Add sweetener to taste. (Think I used about 4-6tsp) Keep stirring and when rice is soft and has absorbed all the water take off heat and stir in yoghurt. Final check for balance of sweetener and spices.

Eat!

Be Happy!

I found that the creaminess of the yoghurt made the addition of milk unneccesary. This is a real boost for me because I like having cereal or porridge for breakfast for the slow release energy, but really resent having to use up my HEs so early in the day :p Plus, this keeps lovely and cold in the fridge, and can be nommed quite unobtrusively out of tupperware on the bus / at your desk.

That sounds amazing - one I'll definitely have to try! I also made one that was completely syn and HE free this morning, and honestly it was a lot better than I thought it would be! Quite simply:

1 x mug pudding rice
nutmeg and / or cinammon
sweetener

Bring the rice to the boil, then turn down and simmer until water is absorbed. Whilst cooking, grate about 2 tsp spice into boiling rice. Add sweetener to taste. (Think I used about 4-6tsp) Keep stirring and when rice is soft and has absorbed all the water take off heat and stir in yoghurt. Final check for balance of sweetener and spices.

Eat!

Be Happy!

I found that the creaminess of the yoghurt made the addition of milk unneccesary. This is a real boost for me because I like having cereal or porridge for breakfast for the slow release energy, but really resent having to use up my HEs so early in the day :p Plus, this keeps lovely and cold in the fridge, and can be nommed quite unobtrusively out of tupperware on the bus / at your desk.

Just eating this version now and I just hace to say its AWESOME Thank you. So quick and so easy and most of all so tasty will never make another version again xxx

Oh my gosh, thank you yummymummie! That has absolutely made my morning seeing this! xx

Oh my gosh, thank you yummymummie! That has absolutely made my morning seeing this! xx

Your so welcome hun. Any more ideas for other comfort foods let me know please cause this really is the best versions of rice pydding I've found and Trust me I've made sooooo many. Comfort food mad me lol xx

1 x mug pudding rice
nutmeg and / or cinammon
sweetener

Eat!

Be Happy!

Juat made this with natural yogart and a sachet of opions in. Was bloody lovely and only 2 syns for the whole batch x

re subscribing

This is what I do with pudding rice.

SYN FREE

1 cup rice
2 cups boiling water - have since found 2.1/2 cups better. Simmer
tsp vanilla essence
sweetner to taste.

Put rice in pan and then put in boiling water and stir, simmer till water nearly all gone the put in a drop of vanilla essence and stir in some sweetner and stir. Cool in fridge when possible.

I use as follows-
Frozen fruits, rice and yogurt.
Banana, rice & coconut greek muller, or lemon.

Just put into a pot of yogurt.

Last edited:
There are several versions within this thread.
Which version did you want?

Try this. 3 oz pudding rice. 500 ml diet cream soda 1/2 tsp vanilla essence & vanilla mullerlite. Put rice in cream soda and bring to the boil Simmer till all liquid absorbed. Let it call in a dish then add yogurt. FREE ON EE & GREEN. Am told is nice. I didn`t have any yog so put in a little cranberry sauce. whichI had to syn. Delish.

try this. FREE ON EE & GREEN Cook long grain rice as you would normally. Rinse in cold water to cool quickly. I put in fridge to get really cold. Then add your flavouring. Strawberry muller yogurt is lovely. When I was a kidmum always put jam on the rice. Of course syn the jam.

Oh this I must try , thank you :)

A lady in my group mentioned the diet cream soda version so I will try this recipe tomorrow as I have all the ingredients now. I love trying new recipes on this diet :p

i love rice pudding, i just put my rice, skimmed milk and sweetner into the oven on low sprinkled with nutmeg or cinnamon and sometimes vanilla essence and cook for about 1 1/2 hours but you do need to stir it every now and again, but it is delicious, one of my naughty treats, that isnt actually naughty lol xx

Back