syn free rice pudding - YUM

I used to love rice pudding with jam mixed in! Any idea how many syns would be in rice pudding with jam?! x

You don't use flaked rice for rice pudding .... You need pudding rice

Actually my nan, mum and myself always used flaked, it works perfectly well. But as it's not syn free there's no point for the purpose of these recipes :)

Made this the other night and it was so easy, just rice, skimmed milk, sweetener and vanilla essence in a pan and leave to simmer till rice is cooked. Really good.

Oh and I'm making it again on Monday! :)

This sounds a lot better than the one that my consultant mentioned, and to say i will usually eat anything it went in the bin after two mouthfulls, it was the one where you mix in a mullerlight and sweetner after boiling the rice in water... yuk i would NOT recomend!

Hopfully this will help with my sweet tooth.

what rice are you using? pudding or can i use normal?

No you need to use short grain rice - long grain (normal) does not have enough starch. So pudding rice or at a push risotto rice which is also short grain.

No you need to use short grain rice - long grain (normal) does not have enough starch. So pudding rice or at a push risotto rice which is also short grain.

Thank you hun :pxx

I was wondering what to have after dinner tonight (green day) I had forgotten about rice pudding. Thanks for reminding me.

Got to try this real soon, tomorrow I think x

Nevermind, I guessed quantities. Was desperate to have it last night. Was not bad at all.

Just read that you can microwave it?!?! I'll have to give that a go as it took a while on the hob.

Cheers

Hi

I could not decide what to have for lunch today and I am cooking for friends tonight so I want to save some Syns. Finally decided to go for rice pudding, using HEA skimmed milk, arborio rice, mixed spice, a teensy bit of sugar (Synned) and a cardamon pod.

GORGEOUS!!!!

Missyt x

We're having a party at SW next week, my consultant has one at the drop of a hat! I was wondering what to take, so may have a go at this! Thanks! Was desperate for some comfort food!

Back