Syn-free Rich Red Onion Gravy

Tracy831 said:
Is this the gravy recipie from slimming eats cos I made that last week too and it's the best gravy I've ever had :)

No, I made it up myself - lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm intrigued....what is the gravy from slimming eats? I'm gonna make this for tea...cant wait! (easily pleased me!!)

shabbs11 said:
This is great thanx x

Glad you like it- thanks for letting me know ;)

Kx

Mm..just finished. Delicious! Only problem was...didnt make enough! Oh decided to have tea tonight. Will defo make again. Thanks for posting x

vanwoodle said:
Mm..just finished. Delicious! Only problem was...didnt make enough! Oh decided to have tea tonight. Will defo make again. Thanks for posting x

Thankyou too!!

Kx

Made it a few days ago love it and froze a batch too for next time mmmm thanks x

BritMumInCanada said:
It is pretty much the same as my recipe yes :)

Just looked at yours Britmum- and you are right- they are very similar indeed.
I just tend to experiment and if it works I keep it!! Sorry if it looked like I tried to poach your recipe hun.

Kx

I tried this the other day and it's really lovey, wanted to try the toad in the hole but thought the batter would go soggy reheating it at work so had it with bangers and mash... Thanks for the recipe x

Hi,

I was just wondering if there was a particular bran dof stock you used for this recipe? It sounds so nice!

Thanks

adipose said:
Hi,

I was just wondering if there was a particular bran dof stock you used for this recipe? It sounds so nice!

Thanks

Yes it's the Knorr Stockpots- they are very tasty -

Kx

I followed this recipe and its great-thank you! I still add in a little gravy granules to thicken it up a bit-but it means I'm using half as many syns on gravy than before :)

This is probably a stupid question, but could you freeze this? Or how many days do you think it would be ok in the fridge for? We are going to my parents for Xmas dinner and I couldnt really expect my mum to make this as well as normal home made gravy so thought I could make this in advance and take it with me. Also I usually go without gravy on my sunday roast but if I could batch cook this and freeze in small portions it would be fab. If anyone can confirm I can freeze it that would be great :)

OK ignore me, found the answer way back in the thread :)

Back