Puddings Syn-free small meringues

who_la_hoop

Silver Member
I based the recipe for these on this one here.

Ingredients

• 2 egg whites
  • 1/2 cup Splenda
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
  2. In large bowl, beat egg whites until stiff, but not dry. Beat in the sugar a tablespoon at a time, so that the mixture remains smooth rather than gritty. Stir in the vanilla (use a metal spoon or your whisk). Pipe or spoon small portions onto baking tray and bake 25-30 minutes, or until dry and very lightly browned. (Cook at a lower temperature for a bit longer, I would say, if you don't want them browned). Turn off oven and leave meringues to cool inside.
I found the mixture made 12 smallish meringues - each around the width of a golf ball, I guess. They were crisp on the outside, with a crumbly texture inside and a slightly chewy middle. Lovely with some 0% Greek yoghurt and sliced berries. Not quite as nice as meringues with real sugar, but a very acceptible substitute.

I saved half for the next day in an airtight container - and I would NOT recommend this, as they turned very chewy. So I would probably halve the mixture next time to serve two people - 3 meringues seemed a good amount each.

Back