SYN FREE YOGHURTS

Strange, if you put the values of the Muller fat free rasberry & cranberry into the syn calculator if comes back with 4.5 syns, but if you select 'yogurt' is comes back as no syns on extra easy!! I don't know which to believe, I know which I'd like to though. lol

Onken fat free is not free. It has a syn value of one and a half for every 50g. I thought it was free as well but Dr Oetker no longer holds the global mark for Onken since October last year so maybe SW are a bit behind updating this. If you eat (as I did) the 450g tub you have consumed almost 15 syns:sigh:

But, this is what I just checked on SW online:

Onken Fat Free Mango & Apple Biopot Yogurt, Light & Tasty, 100g Free Free Free

Onken was sold to Emmi, but since the apple and mango flavour is a new one anyway, that was brought out this year, I don't see that the SW online can be wrong, even if it has updated the fact that Onken is no longer owned by Dr Oetker..
Not sure what to make of this!
:p

But, this is what I just checked on SW online:

Onken Fat Free Mango & Apple Biopot Yogurt, Light & Tasty, 100g Free Free Free

Onken was sold to Emmi, but since the apple and mango flavour is a new one anyway, that was brought out this year, I don't see that the SW online can be wrong, even if it has updated the fact that Onken is no longer owned by Dr Oetker..

The new flavour is advertised in the latest mag too as being free - our consultant pointed it out at group ;)

I don't see that the SW online can be wrong, even if it has updated the fact that Onken is no longer owned by Dr Oetker..

I am confused as well to be honest. I don't see anywhere online that SW know that emmi now own the Oekter trade mark. In the syn's online calculator the only yogurt I can find for emmi is Swiss Mango Yogurt, 175g pot and that is 5 syns on green but if I put in all the ingredients for the fat free onken the whole tub comes up as 15 syns although if you just pump in Dr Oetker onken which no longer manufactures it then that is syn free?? I am totally confused. If SW are saying that Dr Oetker still manufactures Onken then maybe they have not realised the changeover.

I think I will steer clear of yogurts until I find out the correct info. Not sure how but maybe we can sort it out between us:)

I have edited this to add that SW online are still posting that Dr Oetker own the brand but they haven't since October 2010

Are you putting in yog as a free food allowance that would make a huge difference??

I tried putting in emmi yogurt free allowance on the calculator and nothing came up as free and then I tried putting in Dr Oekter Onken (remembering that the name "Dr Oetker" is longer on the tub of Onken?) and that came up as free but if I put in the ingredients on the tub it comes up as 15 syns for the tub, I just wonder when the onken was last calculated by SW. I think the point I am trying to understand is why the difference and when was this last looked at by SW? If it's free why is it not calculating as that? I am not complaining because it must be difficult for SW to keep track of everything on the market but yogurt is a large part of my diet on SW.

Could you ladies please put in Onken under the name of Emmi and not Dr Oetker and see what you come up with? I Know it comes up free under Dr Oetker but they no loger make it so it would need to be under Emmi to get a better picture

Help!!

Are you using the syns calculator ir syns online I can't use the calculator as i don't have a pot of yogurt in front of me. when you use the syns calculator not syns online you do not need a brand name .

If you give me the NV's i will work it out

Ok i looked up the NV's on onken's own website for the fat free strawberry yogurt and put it through the syns calculator and it is free on all plans just as syns online says (if you don't put in a free food allowance of yogurt it would be synned )

Thank you for the replies. I'm afraid that the tub I had in the fridge is gone as I had told hubby to eat it as I was unsure of the values so I cannot re-check it but if as you say you contacted Onken and it's free then I'll go with that. Thanks for the help.
I had a gain last week and I am re-checking everything that I eat so hopefully this week will be more positive for me.

I did not contact onken just so you know all i did was look up on there website and put the syns through the syn calculator not syns online. You could do the same just make sure when you use the SYNS CALCULATOR you put yogurt as a free food

You all almost had me worried there - I had the Onken Fat Free Vanilla yogurt for the first time at the weekend (compared the NV's on the pot to one I know is free while in the supermarket and then checked the syns database to be doubly sure!) and am now hooked on it - it's like eating vanilla custard!

I have 3 big pots on my Tesco order for tomorrow (3 for £3!) and then found this thread and nearly had a panic attack!

Sin Value?? NEW Activia Greek Style Honey Yoghurt 125g

HI CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW MANY SINS IN THE NEW
Activia Greek Style Honey Yoghurt 125g??

RED DAY?
GREEN DAY?
EE? (this is what i follow)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP :)

Ah this is great thanks, came on here to look for the syn value of mullerlights, as they are currently 30p each in Asda, bargain!

Brilliant thread! I was a bit addicted to Mullerlights when I first started SW but now i'm fed up of them and they taste really sweet and artifical all of a sudden!

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Onken big pot vanilla & apple % mango flavours but why oh why don't they do them in small pots to take to work for lunch? :sigh: pah! :D

is Asda Strawberry and wholegrain, fat free (450g) 7 syns or free? I have been told both!!!!

I just looked it up on SW as I have it myself and I can't find it again! By calories in the snackulator 100g is 4 syns though I usually get a week out of a pot so should be roughly 3 and a half sys.

If I find it again on SW I'll let you know!

Hope that kind of helps, I think I'm going to switch back to fat free strawberry Onken as it is syn free on SW.

Lauren

I don't think you can use the snackulator for that because it would get a free food allowance for the yoghurt. Try running it through the syn calculator instead.

Back