SYN FREE YOGHURTS

Thanks Babysham80. It helps but I am devastated! I don't understand how I could eat these so much and lose weight before but now they aren't allowed. I knew they tasted too good to be free! Unfortunately natural yoghurt is gross. :-0

Anyone have any idea about the syns in the toffee "fat free" yoghurt from Waitrose? Those are the ones I eat most, bet they're full of stupid syns.

Any recommendations for fat free yoghurts in vanilla/toffee/strawberry that are both veggie friendly and *shock horror* syn free? I started off on the Activia vanilla yogs but now I'm sick to death of them as I ate too many! It really annoys me the way that Mullerlight dominate the market since they're no good for vegetarians and they taste nasty anyway, at least in my opinion. AND they're pricey.

Grumble Grumble, I'm in a bad mood!!

Ermintrude,
I believe you used to work for Aldi? I have just been through all the Aldi yogurts on this site. I did not see a mention of the Brooklea light yogurts 180g. Seeing that I bought some to try, could you please help me with the syns.

Detailed Information: Typical Values per 100g
Energy 92 Calorie
Protein 4.5g
Carbohydrates 18.0g
of which sugars 18.0g
Fat 0.2g
of which saturates Trace
Fibre Trace
Sodium 0.09g
Salt equivalent 0.22g
Your help would be greatly appreciated.

As you can see, I'm not Ermintrude but I can help you with this query. I've looked in the low syn snacks book and Brooklea Light Fat Free 180g yogurts are in there - cherry 1 syn, mango & passion fruit 1.5 syns, strawberry 1 syn, vanilla 1.5 syns.

Only fat free yogarts are free. Low fat yogarts Will have a syn. Roughly 20 cals = 1 syn. Hope this helps x

Sent from my galaxy s2 using MiniMins app

Not all fat free yoghurts are syn free because fat free doesn't necessarily mean sugar free. If they add sugar then they are not syn free. Case in point are the fat free onken ones. They were free but company changed the recipe to stop using sweetener. They added sugar and now they are synned.

Also you can't use the 1 syn for every 20 calories rule with yoghurts. Yoghurts get a free food allowance which reduces the syns and the only way to work them out is on the syn calculator if they are not listed online. :)

Just had a look on the SW site and the WW yogurts still say free (don't know if they are veggie friendly- sorry!)

Hi,

does anyone know how many syns are in an Activia Banoffee Snack Pot, it says fat free on pot, but reading the ingredients it has bits of biscuit, banana and toffee in it?

hi all,
Does anybody know if there are any yogurts from Lidl or Aldi that are syn free? I know the natural fat free ones are but I was hoping some flavoured ones might be too???
I am based in Ireland so Dunnes and Tesco start becoming very expensive!

Thanks in advance

Hi,

does anyone know how many syns are in an Activia Banoffee Snack Pot, it says fat free on pot, but reading the ingredients it has bits of biscuit, banana and toffee in it?

I was wondering the same - they are ratheryummy... I asked my consultant last night but she had no idea.....

hi all,
Does anybody know if there are any yogurts from Lidl or Aldi that are syn free? I know the natural fat free ones are but I was hoping some flavoured ones might be too???

Thanks in advance

I don't know about the Lidl ones but I think all the Aldi flavoured ones have syns :(

Not sure if already been covered as I have just joined a few days ago BUT I just bought Mullerlight Greek Yogurt pots (coconut & something else) thinking that they were free but looking up syn calculator they are 0.5syn. Now I know it is only half but it does say fat free and other mullerlight yogurts are free (apart from the cheesecake ones!) :confused:

Fat free does not necessarily mean sugar free though - there are several fat free yoghurts that have syns because they use sugar rather than sweeteners.

hi all,

Thanks in advance

There are some new fat free ones in Aldi that are syn free. None in Lidl as far as I am aware :)

Does anyone know what the syn situation is for Mullerlight Fat Free Greek style yogurt. They are new and come in a pack of 4x120g in coconut/vanilla and Honey flavours. I really hope they are free.....

They are half a syn ea but worth it - coconut 1s r lovely :)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 using MiniMins

Does anyone know what the syn situation is for Mullerlight Fat Free Greek style yogurt. They are new and come in a pack of 4x120g in coconut/vanilla and Honey flavours. I really hope they are free.....

Thanks. They are nice but I prefer the Mullerlight coconut with chocolate sprinkles and they are syn free and back on the supermaket shelves. Yay!

so glad the coconut and choc sprinkle yogurt is free, i am joining slimming world on Tuesday but have been eating the yogurts as they are really nice, i put chopped freah pine-apple in it....yummmmm. x

so glad the coconut and choc sprinkle yogurt is free, i am joining slimming world on Tuesday but have been eating the yogurts as they are really nice, i put chopped freah pine-apple in it....yummmmm. x
That sounds really tasty - think I will try it. I am re joining SW tomorrow so we will be new together this week :)

Back