Syn savings

Hi,

Wonder if anyone can help, what would you classify muesli as (it's pretty calorific, but in a good way?!) I tend to eat it for lunch as it's the only thing that gets me through the day without feeling the need to snack. I'm going back to group on wednesday, just wondering if anyone had any ideas (or alternative?)

Thanking you in advance :)

I don't know about the muesli because i hate it! lol
V interested in the tesco pizza base thing though.. does morrisons do something similar? Just seen that morrisons have brought out some new eat smart pizzas with less than 3% fat as well... does anyone know there syn values?

A variety of replies:

Muesli - Quite a few mueslis (sp?!) are classed as healthy extras - although most also include a scan or oat bran to make them healthy extras for the fibre content. Have a look in your book or online - hopefully you'll find one you like. Otherwise, it's not too bad on the syns unless you eat loads!

Stickers - there's a thread on the main forum somewhere about them - search for the words awards and signature and that should provide guidance.

Pizza bases: At the moment, only the Tesco mix is classed as a healthy extra - you can't swap to another supermarket brand yet since the nutritional values aren't the same.

Pizzas - don't know much about these from Morrisons - what are they called? Once I've got a bit more info, I'll have a look online.

I love this forum.. everyone's so helpfull (and seem to know everything.. it's quite impressive!)
I think a trip to Tesco for some bread mix might be neccesary soon! It's annoying how could do with one gigantic supermarkert with all the supermarkets things in to get all the different free foods lol
The one I was looking at is morrisons eat smart goats cheese and red pepper pizza. :0) yum!

jooloo, make sure that you buy the CORRECT bread mix! I bought what I thought was the right one, but when I compared it to the picture on the original thread, I found that it wasn't!

It needs to say "Tesco Crusty Wholemeal Bread Mix" on the front, and also "Ideal for making a loaf, rolls or pizza bases. Just add water", and it also has a picture of a 'cheeseburger' on it.

It doesn't seem to be stocked in this area, but several others with VERY similar packaging are on the shelf here, hence my mistake - I had absolutely no idea that there were so many different bags of flour specifically for making bread!

Enjoy your pizzas folks!!!

I'll bear that in mind about tescos pizza base, thanks!
Oh and btw since I deviated from the original meaning of the thread I am loving the hartleys jellies at the min.. can't believe there only half a syn! Although unfortunately too dear to have loads or i would!

On the subject of cheese, I can highly recommend the microplane graters - I use one for parmesan and it comes out so fine, you get a mahooosive pile for your 28g - it goes so much further than when you grate it using a normal sized grater. Much like this JL one (but you can get them cheaper!!) Buy Microplane Fine Grater online at JohnLewis.com

Back