syn swapping

fairy3853

Just been having a discussion with a friend of mine who lost 4st on sw and we got onto the subject of lunch...

Told her id had a big white bap with bacon, salad and half my hexa allowance, but then proceeded to whinge about all the syns the bap had cost me.

Now she recons that if I dont eat my hexb i can class the bap iv already had and just syn the difference, which would only be about 5 or 6. Is this true? can we do that?

in a word no!!
white baps are not a hex....if it was a wholemeal roll you could get away with that but not white...white is not,never has and never will be a hex!!

whilst she may have lost 4 stone and got away with that you may not - everyone works differently.
me personally i followed - whilst losing - exactly as it is laid out,the way its meant to be and i lost 3.5stone in 7 months.
im often asked 'omg,whats your secret??' how did you do it so fast etc.
my big huge secret is that i took the books home,read them,read them some more and followed as it should be...no tweaks etc.......and actually i didnt lose it amazingly fast,my average loss was just 1.5 a week....so anyone following can do it - no big secret.

Well...erm no - !!

Actually!!! The SW plan is supposed to be a healthy eating plan and tha aim is to choose healthy foods as much as possible.
Which a WHITE bap isn't..Saying that, if you look at it pragmatically from a calorie point of view you'd be better off counting it as a hex b (once in a while I would like to stress!!) than counting it as a syn and eating another piece of wholemeal bread ON TOP of that and counting that as an extra B choice. But that only applies if you already had your 15 syns anyway and would have had to add the white bap on top of your 15 syns...YKWIM???

Thanks guys, minimins to my rescue once again. I honestly diddnt think you could, but as im new and shes and "old hat" i thought id just clarify it......but, something else thats popped up is the number of syns I should have.

My friend started on 15, dropped to 10 then got to goal on about 7 or 8 i think, but my when i did initialy join sw my C told me to have 10 which I do. So whats right and whats wrong, do I have 15 or do I stick to my previously recomended 10, even though i wasnt at group long enough for my C to check that I was loosing????

Questions Questions Questions.....sorry peeps

She's probably so old hat her "tweaks" have become part of her plan.
As for syns - 10 seems to be the recommend amount these days.

Thanks Jaylou

Thanks guys, minimins to my rescue once again. I honestly diddnt think you could, but as im new and shes and "old hat" i thought id just clarify it......but, something else thats popped up is the number of syns I should have.

My friend started on 15, dropped to 10 then got to goal on about 7 or 8 i think, but my when i did initialy join sw my C told me to have 10 which I do. So whats right and whats wrong, do I have 15 or do I stick to my previously recomended 10, even though i wasnt at group long enough for my C to check that I was loosing????

Questions Questions Questions.....sorry peeps

I started on 10 as well. You are allowed up to 15 though but I always stick to 10 then the 5 will cover any hidden syns I may of forgotten about.

I try to stick to 10 syns per day/70 syns per week.
It really works for me because I can plan my day with 10 syns but if I 'need' or want more, I can always dip into the extra.

I don't tend to do this very often, so I suppose it works for me but I do genuinely believe that different things will work for different people.

I suppose every persons body is different and what works for one might not work for another.

Iv got to say though, even though its only the start of my 3rd week, im loving sw.

When i was at group my constultant told me to have 20-25syns so that once i got closer to target i could drop down to 10-15 but then when i joined her i was over 23stone so i can kind of see her point but just do what works best for you x

I think 10 is a good number, but if some days you have more (obv no more than 15) then dont worry - just aim to keep it at the 10 mark.

I always find i need more syns on a day when i am eating out.

Rest of the time - 10 syns is more than enough! xxxx

Hi fairy

I was told 10-5 syns daily but try to stick to 10. I usually only use about 7 or 8 (when I'm being good ;)) but at the weekends I always have a few more than 15 :eek: so it tends to balance itself out over the week.

Whereabouts in Barnsley are you from? I live at Worsbrough and go the the YMCA group.

Back