Syn usage

Good morning. I joined SW on 8th January. On my first weigh-in the following week I lost 1lb. I was disappointed but the group leader said I wasn't eating enough syns. I had about 4 a day during my first week. This week I have had between 10 & 15 syns daily. I get weighed tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see whether I have lost, sts or gained.

Good morning. I joined SW on 8th January. On my first weigh-in the following week I lost 1lb. I was disappointed but the group leader said I wasn't eating enough syns. I had about 4 a day during my first week. This week I have had between 10 & 15 syns daily. I get weighed tomorrow night. Will be interesting to see whether I have lost, sts or gained.

If you've followed the plan and had your syns I'd put money on you having a good loss. :)

Have you given your food diary to your consultant Hun? It's always worth letting them check it over for you as there could be something you possibly may be eating that you think is syn free or something like that.

Also I wouldn't advise to go completely syn free, ideally you need to be having at least 70 to 105 syns a week for the plan to be effective as ths is part of the plan that makes it up :)

It might be worth trying out some new healthy extras, recipes etc and seeing how you get on.
And if you exercise a lot you may have lost inches instead of lbs as this has happened to me before.

Please do not feel disheartened and do not give up.
We are all here for you if you ever need any help.
Love Stacey xxxx

When I started ( Had around 2 st to loose) first week was really good in my mind had not many Syns ate like usual but was all free and super free ( to be honest I did not understand how the weight had slowly krept in to begin with!)
The results of 1 st wk was sts I was gutted!! But after looking at Diary C asked me if my Diary was 100% what I ate and I said yes as it was she said straight away you need to at least double what you eat you are not eating enough for your body to function properly without storing all you're in starvation mode well didn't get this till the 2 nd week as we left Diaries with her and she wouldn't come back till next week in image therapy ( changed class & C now more committed texted ppl!!) but 3 rd week upped my intake and had 10-15 Syns and lo and behold lost 4lb since then around months lost all the weight and now even reset my target to 8 9lb and within 2lb of that which will get me to the v lower end of BMI20!!
And the only time during journey that I have not lost and actually gained is when I've been ill and not eaten enough!!
I actually now eat twice as much as Pre SW and am much healthier!
So moral of this long note eat and eat as much as you can( if you are a small eater!) of free and SF and enjoy you're Syns !
If you want me to follow you and ESP if you do not go to class let me know and start a thread on diary sub forum and log what you eat I'm sure many would help you!

Back