• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Syns for olive oil please

S: 11st6lb C: 10st12lb G: 9st9lb Loss: 0st8lb(5%)
How many syns are there in 2 teaspoons of oil please anyone. Also, is there any such thing as a hand held slimming world calculator? I've just tried Weight watchers for a bit, prefer Slimming world but they do have a great calculator to have with you at all times! I wish there was. Can't afford to pay anymore so can't do it online, it's such a hinderance too.

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

paperclip

Silver Member
S: 11st7lb C: 10st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 1st7lb(13.04%)
Hiya,

One level teaspoon of olive oil (all types, but excluding extra virgin) is 2 syns.

Unfortunately there isn't a calculator as such since they try and work out values based on more than just the nutritional information on the back of the packet. A good rule of thumb for things like chocolate and snacks that contain no 'free food' is that 20 calories = 1 syn, but it is quite approximate sometimes.

I know SW can be expensive for some - have you thought about trying to get a food directory from SW or eBay (not as small as a calculator but still useful!)?

Otherwise, post your syn requests here and people will try and help!

Good luck.

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
S: 18st13lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 8st1lb(42.64%)
Just following on from Paperclips excellent advice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil can be your HEX B. Just in case this helps too

xxxx

paperclip

Silver Member
S: 11st7lb C: 10st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 1st7lb(13.04%)
I always forget that - I'm very stuck in my ways of using milk for A and cereal for B!

Thanks for reminding me there's other things out there!

cocktailprincess

Still rockin' it
S: 18st13lb C: 10st12lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 23.8 Loss: 8st1lb(42.64%)
I always forget about nuts being HEX on green days- the only problem is I can't stop at just 7 or 10 as listed- I would eat the whole bag. Will stick to oil and cereal for now!
x