Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Syns for olive oil please

Discussion in 'Syn Values' started by J.R, 14 April 2009 Social URL.

1. J.R

J.R Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Lost(%):
    0st8lb(5%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    How many syns are there in 2 teaspoons of oil please anyone. Also, is there any such thing as a hand held slimming world calculator? I've just tried Weight watchers for a bit, prefer Slimming world but they do have a great calculator to have with you at all times! I wish there was. Can't afford to pay anymore so can't do it online, it's such a hinderance too.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    Hiya,

One level teaspoon of olive oil (all types, but excluding extra virgin) is 2 syns.

Unfortunately there isn't a calculator as such since they try and work out values based on more than just the nutritional information on the back of the packet. A good rule of thumb for things like chocolate and snacks that contain no 'free food' is that 20 calories = 1 syn, but it is quite approximate sometimes.

I know SW can be expensive for some - have you thought about trying to get a food directory from SW or eBay (not as small as a calculator but still useful!)?

Otherwise, post your syn requests here and people will try and help!

Good luck.

4. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    Just following on from Paperclips excellent advice, 1 tablespoon of olive oil can be your HEX B. Just in case this helps too

xxxx

5. paperclip

paperclip Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st7lb
    Current Weight:
    10st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(13.04%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World Extra Easy
    I always forget that - I'm very stuck in my ways of using milk for A and cereal for B!

Thanks for reminding me there's other things out there!

6. cocktailprincess

cocktailprincess Still rockin' it

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    10st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st13lb
    Lost(%):
    8st1lb(42.64%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World - On-line member
    I always forget about nuts being HEX on green days- the only problem is I can't stop at just 7 or 10 as listed- I would eat the whole bag. Will stick to oil and cereal for now!
    x

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.