Syns! Help! Oats so simple golden syrup

looy24

I thought I'd bought some oats so simple original ones to make a sw pancake with tomorrow but I've just come to mix my yoghurt with them n realised I'd got the golden syrup ones. Not noticed cos I order my groceries online. Anyway I wondered if I can still use the oats as my HE and if so how many syns does the golden syrup make m or do I av to syn the lot?? Please help wanna make pancakes tomorrow!

Sorry but you'd have to syn the whole packet as it's not a HEB - 1 syn for every 20 calories :)

Golden syrup oats are 6.5 syns -- my consultant says can use it as HeB plus 2syns instead of using up my syns lol

Sorry but your consultant has misinformed you. There is less porridge (and therefore fibre) and more sugar in the flavoured sachets. :(

You might want to just double check with SW HQ

Sorry but your consultant has misinformed you. There is less porridge (and therefore fibre) and more sugar in the flavoured sachets. :(

You might want to just double check with SW HQ

:( at mo it's working for me that way, I've lost 2.5st since Nov 11 (little blip over xmas tho) will check with her on next wi :)

Different consultants like to say different things. One my mum went said we could eat ANY cereal (including stuff like coco pops) as long as we had 28g. Sadly a lot of them get misinformed or make stuff up as they go along it seems.

think am just guna buy some original oats so simple sachets (there free as u HE arent they?) and if i eat golden syrup ones then ill syn m all (unlike wat i said before) but suppose its better to b safe than sorry with people getting different information. im not a member of sw so cant consult anyone but trying to follow the plan as best as poss so if anyone gets anymore info about them please let me no n cheers for u replys.

Yes the plain ones are a HEB and you could just add a spoon of golden syrup yourself. Don't forget you need a ryvita or scan bran to make up your HEB :)

Last edited:
Back