SYNS - HOW DO YOU EAT YOURS?

fayhamy

This time its for keeps!
Hi everyone,

Just wondering, do you use your syns to make your meals more interesting or use them for treats? Do you find the way you use them alters your weight loss or not?:D

I tend to use them for treats in the evening. My fave at the minute is cadbury light mousse at 3 syns a pot. Sometimes I might use 3 or 4 syns on some super-noodles

I mainly use my syns for treats or gravy hehe

I tend to use them for treats in the evening. My fave at the minute is cadbury light mousse at 3 syns a pot. Sometimes I might use 3 or 4 syns on some super-noodles

Cadbury light mousse? Excellent thanks i didint know about these, im sure the share price of cadburys has fallen drastically since i started to diet now i can legitimately reinvest!:cool:

Yesterday i used my syns on gravy, stuffing for my roast chicken dinner. Today ive just used 6 for a hifi bar. Some days it varies..i can use the full 15 or just around 8 or 9, depends on the day and my mood! Ive only been back on sw for a while and my losses are keeping me happy.

x

fayhamy said:
Cadbury light mousse? Excellent thanks i didint know about these, im sure the share price of cadburys has fallen drastically since i started to diet now i can legitimately reinvest!:cool:

This is true! And as far as in aware the pot size hasn't reduced.. Like all the other cadbury products at the minute! :)

It depends what mood I'm in really; if I fancy a treat I use them on low fat ambrosia custard pots or cadbury light mousse at 3 1/2. I do try to only do this occasionally so I'll use them on things like a tbsp of ketchup or an extra 28g of cheese on pasta if I've used my HE's.

I used to have treats with them every day but then thought I wouldn't have chocolate every day if I wasn't on SW so it didn't make sense to do that while I was. Everyone's different though and what works for one doesn't for others, they're there to be used on what you fancy.

Depends on how I feel, and what i'm planning on eating...i like to use them on gravy, margerine, extra slice of bread, the odd quorn or meatfree burger, shape deserts ( white choc 5 1/2 syns) and during star week - chocolate! I tend to have between 5-10 but here and there use the full 15

i often use my for cheese curls at 3 1/2 syns a pack. it still allows me to have a packet of crisps so i dont feel like im losing out....oh and chocolate for * week :)

I don't use many, mainly for gravy..
I have just re-introduced my "treat night" though for WI night ( or the day after ) where I will get something from the chip shop ( cod in batter and eat the batter too = 18 syns, large chicken kebab meat = 7 syns ) as this is what I did on my good loss weeks and I think it startles my body into burning fat again.... :)
I haven't had "treat night" since the new year and my losses have been poor..

I use mine on Curly Wurlys. :) And mayonnaise and yummy low-syn cakes. I do tend to use mine on sweets because I think that stops me bingeing. I nearly always use all of my syns (or more! oops!) and I'm losing weight quite fast. I DO however eat way more than 1/3 superfree which probably helps.

I asked the same question a couple of weeks ago, and the answer I got was that a syn is a syn, no matter how you use it, and then best way to use them is in a way that stops you feeling deprived. Whatever that might be.

This time round I've cut right down and wine and it seems I have soooo many syns to use now!

I use mine mainly in cooking (eg reduced fat coconut milk in thai curries, ELF mayo to mash up with eggs, black pepper etc for egg mayo filling) and/or for treats.

My favourites at the mo are meringue nest (3 syns) crumbled up and mixed with mullerlight vanilla and fresh strawberries. If I'm feeling really decadent I even chop up an alpen light and if it's not part of that day's HE, then I blatantly squander the 3 syns on it.

How sad do I sound when an alpen light is the height of decadence!

Oooo thats good to know about the moose.

I use mine for treats. Milkybar at lunch time - 3.5syns and a kitkat or something worth 5syns after tea.

Crisps,
gravy,
spread (for toast/sandwiches (always Flora lighter-than-light)
Weetabix* or cornflakes
very occasionally a two-fingered kitkat!
corned beef! a favourite sandwich filling for work!
Extra virgin olive oil*

I used to syn yoghurts before switching brand to free ones.

* If already used up HEXB's

I usually use them on tomato ketchup, wine, extra cheese, or a chocolate biscuit in the evening. Oh, nd Alpen Light Choc and Fudge bars too.

I use some in my meals, but the bulk go for a treat in the evening, as I know this is my danger zone when I crave something naughtiesh like a bit of chocolate or whatever, so saving the syns for then, means I am still with in plan.

I use some in my meals, but the bulk go for a treat in the evening, as I know this is my danger zone when I crave something naughtiesh like a bit of chocolate or whatever, so saving the syns for then, means I am still with in plan.

Pretty much the same for me. I know that in the evenings I would most likely crave something so I use them both in meals but for treats too - almost essential to my diet, I'm afraid (or rather essential to me staying true to it.) :rolleyes:

I don't use many, mainly for gravy..
I have just re-introduced my "treat night" though for WI night ( or the day after ) where I will get something from the chip shop ( cod in batter and eat the batter too = 18 syns, large chicken kebab meat = 7 syns ) as this is what I did on my good loss weeks and I think it startles my body into burning fat again.... :)
I haven't had "treat night" since the new year and my losses have been poor..

Please let me know how you get on with this Coljack, i was thinking about doing the same to prevent food boredom and also to treat myself.

As you have already lost an impressive amount of weight you obviously know what you're doing!:)

Well according to my scales at home, I'm down to 27st 5 tonight when I got home, and that's after a day of drinking 2L of pop and eating fruit after lunch ( which I don't do in WI day )..
Last WI night ( thursday ) I was 27st 10 on my home scales and 27st 9 on the SW ones ( which I don't get as mine used to be 2lbs lighter than the SW ones.. but I use them on the kitchen tiles now rather than the bathroom lino.. )..
So if that's to be believed then I've lost 4-5 lbs since Thursday with 3 days left to go...
I hope it's right and that it stays off until WI... :)

Back