Syns in fruit

boot87

Ok... so theres syns in blended or heated fruit because you over consume?
When I blend or heat fruit I use the same amount I'd be eating unblended or cold so does that then mean its syn free?

No unfortunately not, fruit is only free when served as nature intended, no matter how much or little you are eating x

Aw thats a pity just made a concoction with frozen fruit and greek yogurt thinking it'd be free I blended it rather than eating it... ill save it for weigh nyt n work off the syns on my cross trainer now :)

This is the part that really confuses me :S

The rule is only there to protect your weight loss - best not to overthink it! :)

I don't get it either. The worst for me is tinned peaches. Love them but have to syn them :(
Don't understand why as per 100g the nutritional info is exactly the same on fresh peaches as it is if you get the tinned in juice ones and drain them...boo!
If you love it, have on wi day, I know that wont be popular but if you love it and are also worried, then it's the best time to have it x

Yea ive already had quite a bit.... struggling what to have for tea now as dont wanr to use more syns as not sure what I have used.... oh this dieting lark is tough :confused:

Some SW members tweak, which is using a free food in a way that isnt intended, like smash as a coating for chicken or as a pizza base, or there is a recipe for a 1 syn roulade (not sure how they make that) or couscous as flour in a cake, and a few other bits and pieces that when used in a way it isnt intended should be synned but they dont and it doesnt effect their weight loss. I personally cant do that, I lost nothing the week I used the "tweak" recipes and that was the only thing different. But, as I said, alot of members do.

But I do tweak in the sense that I dont syn cooked fruit. I know I should, but I dont. Its my choice and I dont do it often and hasnt effected me yet. If it did I would stop doing it, as I would know where I went wrong.

I think its up to each individual person what they eat, and even tho when I eat cooked fruit I know I am not following the plan 100%, its my responsibility!

I think one of the reasons is that when fruit is blended or cooked it changes the chemical make up of it so it gets digested differently & doesnt keep you as full.

I might be wrong but Im sure I read that somewhere! Doesnt explain why you can heat/blend veg tho lol x

I think if your sensible it should b fine im not overeating with it and am not eating more because of it... got to be better than digging in to a tub of ben n jerrys or a snickers anyway innit? :)

I just googled it and found this message below which was posted by someone from Slimming World head office........

When you juice, cook, puree/mash, stew or blend fruit, it makes it very easy to over-consume and is an effective way of adding a lot of extra energy in a non-filling form, which doesn't satisfy your appetite in the same way as eating fresh whole/sliced fruit.

We count juiced, pureed and cooked fruit as Syns to protect members weight losses (see the Syns section in your Food Optimising book).

Please don't hesitate to contact your Consultant with any queries regarding Food Optimising, he/she will be happy to help you and is also available to speak to outside of group hours.

www.slimmingworld.com

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Thank you thats helpful. So a little bit shouldnt harm the weight loss too much then? I just use a handful of fruit on top of cereal or with a yoghurt just to eat it differently so I dont get bored and fall off track. Warm rasperries on weetabix with fat free natural yoghurt and sweetener tastes just like a fruit crumble... but I only as I say use a handful and it fills me. If you've been good on syns that day I suppose theres no neex to worry too much... hopefully... ill see how I do at weigh in with it :) :thumbup:

Back