• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Syns in kidney beans in chilli sauce?

Susan.

S: 11st12lb C: 10st8.5lb G: 9st11lb BMI: 27.2 Loss: 1st3.5lb(10.54%)
I know kidney beans should be free on green and extra easy days, but for my chilli I use tins of kidney beans in chilli sauce to give it an extra kick. I've used the syn calculator and its coming out as a syn value of 9 (!!), which doesnt sit right with me at all.

Nutritional values:

Portion = 210g

Values per 100g:

85kcal
5.3g protein
14.2 carbohydrates
0.5g fat

Help!

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!
I always use the ones in chilli sauce! I only go to Morrisons and I buy their own make:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Morrisons Red Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce, canned 100g[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original 4 Syns
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Susan.

Great, I managed to find an old thread as well that classed Sainsburys red kidney beans in chilli sauce, 100g as free on green so I think I'm alright.

So much for the syn calculator! Bloody 9 syns per portion!

funcurls

Never gets tired of SW!
G: 10st10lb
I've got a tin of Morrisons red kidney beans in chilli sauce in front of me on the computer desk and was just about to look up the syns but now I don't have to now I've read what hels bels has just written!! Great thanks!! I love Minimins!!X

Susan.

I always use the ones in chilli sauce! I only go to Morrisons and I buy their own make:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Morrisons Red Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce, canned 100g[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
0 Syn on Extra Easy
Original 4 Syns
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
If you don't mind, whats the nutritional values per 100g on the Morrisons one? Just so I can see that theirs and Tescos are similar & that I'm not way off track :)

paperclip

Silver Member
S: 11st7lb C: 10st0lb G: 10st0lb BMI: 23.3 Loss: 1st7lb(13.04%)
Great, I managed to find an old thread as well that classed Sainsburys red kidney beans in chilli sauce, 100g as free on green so I think I'm alright.

So much for the syn calculator! Bloody 9 syns per portion!
Did you remember to put in the free food bit (beans)? That often makes quite a difference...

Mel2

Silver Member
S: 19st11lb C: 17st6lb G: 13st0lb Loss: 2st5lb(11.91%)
Oh good - I love these and always used to have them on a jacket potato for a quick dinner after work. I've avoided them since slimming world as assumed they would be synned. Guess what i'm adding to my shopping list now? !