Syns in kidney beans in chilli sauce?

Susan.

I know kidney beans should be free on green and extra easy days, but for my chilli I use tins of kidney beans in chilli sauce to give it an extra kick. I've used the syn calculator and its coming out as a syn value of 9 (!!), which doesnt sit right with me at all.

Nutritional values:

Portion = 210g

Values per 100g:

85kcal
5.3g protein
14.2 carbohydrates
0.5g fat

Help!

I always use the ones in chilli sauce! I only go to Morrisons and I buy their own make:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Morrisons Red Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce, canned 100g[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Great, I managed to find an old thread as well that classed Sainsburys red kidney beans in chilli sauce, 100g as free on green so I think I'm alright.

So much for the syn calculator! Bloody 9 syns per portion!

I've got a tin of Morrisons red kidney beans in chilli sauce in front of me on the computer desk and was just about to look up the syns but now I don't have to now I've read what hels bels has just written!! Great thanks!! I love Minimins!!X

I always use the ones in chilli sauce! I only go to Morrisons and I buy their own make:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Morrisons Red Kidney Beans in Chilli Sauce, canned 100g[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
0 Syn on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 4 Syns
green.gif
Green Free
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

If you don't mind, whats the nutritional values per 100g on the Morrisons one? Just so I can see that theirs and Tescos are similar & that I'm not way off track :)

Great, I managed to find an old thread as well that classed Sainsburys red kidney beans in chilli sauce, 100g as free on green so I think I'm alright.

So much for the syn calculator! Bloody 9 syns per portion!

Did you remember to put in the free food bit (beans)? That often makes quite a difference...

Oh good - I love these and always used to have them on a jacket potato for a quick dinner after work. I've avoided them since slimming world as assumed they would be synned. Guess what i'm adding to my shopping list now? !

Back