Syns question..

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by ConfusedGirl, 14 January 2010 Social URL.

1. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

This isn't for me as most of my syns get used on chocolate :D but my cousin who is just starting SW.

She starts on a saturday and usually goes out saturdays so was wondering could she use up all her syns on the saturday (mostly on drink! :eek:) and then just leave a few for through the week?

Or would this not work?

Thanks xx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. harajukulover

harajukulover New Member

Hiya
    It would work in theory. I used to do it all the time. I lost 3.5 stone when I joined last time. But then got lazy and have put 2 of it back on grrr. Anyway, what your consultant would say prob would be use flexible syns. i.e. keep counting your syns, up to 40 or 50, then for the rest of the week be 100%. I'd recommend not drinking every week but I know how tough that is!

4. Honeyoc

Honeyoc Is a crunchy mama!

Start Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st9lb
    Diet:
    Healthy Eating
    I think its fine as long as your friend doesn't restrict her syns during the week to the point where she feels deprived and therefore likely to cheat.

5. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

Wow 3.5 stone is great! I'm sure if u've lost it once u'll be able to do it again :)

So do you mean not have any syns through the week? xx

6. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

Yeah i see what you mean. I will suggest this to her, thanks :)

Dunno what i'd do without my chocolate treats on a night time :D xx

7. malaika

malaika Lover of Extra Easy

Start Weight:
    11st8lb
    Current Weight:
    9st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st8lb(22.22%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Personally, I would not recommend that your cousin start SW using most syns in one day.
    She could still have a few drinks and cut back a little through the week but cutting right back like has been said may make it difficult to stay on track.

8. eternity

eternity Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st6lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st6lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(42.61%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    SW
    Maybe she could use half of her weekly syns allowance on Saturday and use the others during the week

9. ConfusedGirl

ConfusedGirl Full Member

Yeh i see what you mean and i think you're probably right, i will let her know all your comments, thankyou :)

10. Laddiesboy

Laddiesboy I ♥ Slimming World :)

Start Weight:
    24st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st12lb
    Lost(%):
    7st0lb(29.17%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I am assuming that her Saturdays are an important part of her life right now and she doesn't wish to adjust them at all to fit into a SW plan?

In which case I would follow SW properly 5-15 syns per day Sunday - Friday, and just have a syn free Saturday until I went out and forget all about the plan.

If you use a lot of syns on the Saturday night you will miss out, or feel like missing out, the rest of the week.

Being on plan 6.5 days out of 7 is better than not at all :)

11. Happy Holidays

Happy Holidays Gold Member

Start Weight:
    9st11lb
    Current Weight:
    8st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st9lb
    Lost(%):
    1st2lb(11.68%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    My MiL comes round every Saturday with wine & chocs. So I add my syns up for the week & use them that way.

The only thing I would say to your cousin is count the syns on a Saturday night - after a few drinks it could be difficult but at least if she has an idea she will know if she has any left for the rest of the week.

She could have drinks like bacardi/vodka with diet coke.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.