Syns.......to use or not to use!

They are part of the reason the plan is so successful, you are meant to use at lest 5 a day. Do you find it hard to use them?

I personally don't use them unless I have to but they say that using at least 10 syns a day is best! I find not having syns makes me feel better but I'll have em if I need too :)

You can use them as part of meals. They don't have to be for 'treats'.
You may not be eating enough if you don't have them, then your losses could slow down..

Min of 5 syns, max of 15 they say. I find i average around 10 a day and then if I slip up through week it evens itself to 15!

I use all mine up..and last week more than i should of *slaps wrist* eep!

I would advise to use them, thats what they're their for. x

I don't struggle to use them, no. In fact the opposite. I use around 12 a day on average. I wondered if that is gonna effect my weight loss or not as I know a guy in my group who doesn't need to use them so chooses not to!

Just wanted to see what everyone else is doing.

The syns are there to make sure you don't feel deprived because that is the surest way to going off plan in a big way. Even if you have your full 15 syns a day that is only 2100 calories over the week and not enough to make even a pound difference. Syns also ensure that the plan can be sustained in the long-term - is the person in your class never going to eat anything other than free foods for the rest of their life?! That is totally unrealistic to my mind.

I use them if I need to but don't worry about not using them...I do tend to make meals mostly from free foods and HE's and use syns as part of my meals as I try not to snack between. Some days I have 3, some days 9 or so...just depends on what I'm having for meals.

I've gone off the rails this weekend... I blame a lack of self control..

I bought 2 packs of Krackawheat that I was going to have 4 of a day ( 6 syns ) with some LCL deli cheese squares ( part HeA ).. I've had about 8 a day instead..
then there's the extra alpen lites ( 4 a day ... 2 HeB and 2 for 6 syns.. :( )....
and the kit kat dark (5.5syns) which were supposed to be to top up my syns since I usually have 2-3 a day if that...

so I've had about 25 syns saturday, and about 40 today ( piece of pork pie at moms tonight... )

If the syns were detrimental to your losses then sw wouldn't include them in the plan!!

Cutting them out can often slow people's losses, so it's always good to use them.

Use them, and enjoy them...

Its what they're there for and why SW can work long term. There's no need to deprive ourselves of the things we enjoy, its about making the most of the free foods and learning to limit the stuff that's not so good for us.

I use mine in cooking but mainly for treats - usually wine and chocolate.

talking about syns, i think i had my weeks worth or even more last night. i went totally overboard and had a takeaway consisting of chips burger, bit of pizza and cheesy garlic bread.oopsss!! i weigh in on a fri so should i have no syns all week ? as i had so much last night

I would always say use them all at the start of this journey as it will give you something to cut back on as your weight loss starts slowing. As I neared my target last time I had to reduce mine to a maximum of 5 per day or the I stayed the same week after week.

talking about syns, i think i had my weeks worth or even more last night. i went totally overboard and had a takeaway consisting of chips burger, bit of pizza and cheesy garlic bread.oopsss!! i weigh in on a fri so should i have no syns all week ? as i had so much last night

maybe limit to 5-10 syns a day and have lots of super speed foods?

I've gone off the rails this weekend... I blame a lack of self control..

I bought 2 packs of Krackawheat that I was going to have 4 of a day ( 6 syns ) with some LCL deli cheese squares ( part HeA ).. I've had about 8 a day instead..
then there's the extra alpen lites ( 4 a day ... 2 HeB and 2 for 6 syns.. :( )....
and the kit kat dark (5.5syns) which were supposed to be to top up my syns since I usually have 2-3 a day if that...

so I've had about 25 syns saturday, and about 40 today ( piece of pork pie at moms tonight... )

I so love that I am not the only one seduced by things I buy. The Nutella I bought was meant to be for the ikids but has been calling me all weekend. I had a sneaky nutella on toast on Friday which took me over my syns..........hey ho!

Back