Syns usage

I decided for April I would do this, and so havent eaten any chocolate since 31st March. Yesterday and today especially have been so hard, but I'm getting there ha!

My hubby is trying to be supportive, but I know for a fact he doesnt understand what I'm feeling. Bless him!

I've always done this. I use syns on stuffing,sauces, oil for roasties,crotons or cheese or balsamic glaze in salads, sometimes I use the extra for a hexb of bread as an extra or butter, homemade Yorkshire etc etc a packet of cheese sauce mix on the top of a lasagne makes a massive difference that kind of stuff.It def works for me as I've lost six stone in eight months!

About half of my syns always go on meals otherwise i find they taste a bit boring.. It makes it easier for me to stick with it but i do tend to use all my syns! I'm trying to look at this as a way of eating from now on and the thought of never having butter in my mash again for some reason depresses me, so i add it and use syns! I guess it depends what you miss, lol!

I've been off chocolate from Tuesday, I unfortunately can't use it in my syns because 1 bar is never enough so I've just had to cut it completely out of my diet and go cold turkey :sigh: so all week I've been using syns in my cooking, sauces, butter etc and I'm loving it, my food is nicer so fingers crossed I stick with it! My weight has been a disgrace because of chocolate, I've been loosing and gaining the same few pounds for far too long now so something had to give and it's chocolate!

This is a really interesting post. I always "waste" my syns on choc/sugar. I say waste because I tend to pick on whatever sweet stuff is in the house rather than choosing something I'll really enjoy. Then all of a sudden 10 syns are gone without realising. I Think it was kingleds who has mentioned the graze boxes before and this post has given me the push to start ordering them again. Then my syns will go on nuts, seeds & dark choc rather than the kids choc chip cookies! I'm not going to say I'll give up sugar 100% but definitely make some better choices.......well maybe after Easter Sunday!!! :)

I'm only on week two of slimming world but I too tend to use syns in meals. I only give myself a choc treat after weigh in so far, hoping I can stick to this every week but honestly, there's no need to be hungry and wanting to pick on this plan for me, I'm enjoying my meals and what I can eat so much that I havnt felt the need!! Maybe ill cut that choc treat out and only use syns for choc if I'm really craving it, I wasn't craving it on wednesday only had it cos I'd planned it and lost 3.5 so felt I deserved it how pathetic am I!! I would have enjoyed it more if I'd waited til I was really craving it. It was only a freddo anyway.

Anyway so far I've used syns for quorn sausages in a casserole (before I discovered the LM red onion ones) cheese on top of spag bol, and cheese for shepherds pie, a bit of clover light for my toast, a cheese slice on my quorn burgers last monday, the frozen jacket potatoes you can get cos they taste so much nicer than normal jackets and didn't realised peppered mackerel fillets had to be synned, so had that last night and synned it at 1.5 but I enjoyed it!!! Also like tinned mackerel which is free though so won't be buying the peppered again.

I think the same as a lot of you, using syns in meals really makes the meals better. Some things just taste better with some low fat cheese or I can't imagine my toast without some low fat spread on (I don't like regular butter)

I, like others use my sins in meals. I'm a massive cake and chocolate eater, or should I say 'was'! I haven't had anything like that for about a month now and so must agree that the more sugar you eat, the more you crave - seems to apply to me anyway. I've had a curly wurly in the fridge for about two weeks for an 'emergency' and I forget it's there. It's like some kind of miracle! I now would rather fill up on a big green day meal, with some oil / cheese etc and it seems to have cut my appetite and cravings a treat. I think at the moment I'm definitely better off without the sweet stuff... so far so good! :)

I admire you all but without using my syns on naughty stuff I personally wouldn't have lost the weight I have. I do use syns for ketchup occasionally but tend to just eat meals with free foods or HEXs. I actually begrudge using syns on Quorn sausages when I can have the Quorn peppered steaks for free.

Just shows how we are all different.

I lost 4 stone using almost alk my syns on chocolate and sweet stuff. This week by sticking to a maximum of one chocolate finger a day if im really craving chocolate I have to say I feel a lot more healthy and lively :) This is definately the way im going to continue my weight loss journey!

Ps whilst i say i use most of my syns in meals - i'm not pretending i use all of them - i have cake issues and with out the syns i'd be on trouble! And if you've never weighed the specified 25g of cake i can tell you 15 syns don't go far! Its bit of cake stuck to the knife you scoff whilst your cutting the proper slice lol!

Oops double post

This is me too. A bit of sauce here and there, mayo, gravy, butter in my mash, or a higher calorie yogurt. I never really eat chocolate, biscuits or crisps.

It works for me as I have lost 40lb in 12 weeks, so I'll keep on using my sins this way.

HazeyBlue said:
This is me too. A bit of sauce here and there, mayo, gravy, butter in my mash, or a higher calorie yogurt. I never really eat chocolate, biscuits or crisps.

It works for me as I have lost 40lb in 12 weeks, so I'll keep on using my sins this way.

40lbs in 12 weeks!!!!!! :eek: wow that's amazing!! What plan are you following?

vanilla_cupcake said:
40lbs in 12 weeks!!!!!! :eek: wow that's amazing!! What plan are you following?

Thanks, Well, it's supposed to be EE but I verge on the edge of being red during the week as too many carbs are not good for me. I eat more carbs on a weekend tho.

I still havent managed this but i am starting from tomorrow. i am going shopping after work tomorrow and will buy some food that i can pimp to make it more exciting. i love all your replies btw.

Back