Syns

on Thursday I popped into tescos and picked up '2 peppered beef steaks'. Went home and my dad cooked them for us both! as I cut into what I thought was a steak it was actually just a posh burger! after I ate it I looked up the syn value and was so gutted to find one was 17.5 suns :(! I'm so tight with my syns and don't like to use ideally more than 30 a week so this weekend I'm going to have to be extra good! I shouldn't have any hurdles as I'm not going out or anything but being in the house will make me want to snack so thinking of distracting myself with cooking a few slimming world recipes!

Wish me luck :)

If you are only aiming to have 30 syns a week, you aren't following the recommended at least 35 a week anyway. It'll do you good.

Is there a reason why you limit yourself so much? SW is suppossed to be a lifestyle change not a diet & the only way to stick to it long term is to make it fit with your life, not the other way round. You should be having more than 30 syns a week - 35 at least but maybe as many as 70 syns unless you have doing the plan for a really long time & are very near your target? In which case reducing syns is not a bad thing - but still not to 30!
Its likely that the peppered steaks would have had syns (though not as many) due to the marinades even if it was proper steak not mince btw!

Well I started in January and up until April I had only lost 10lb it was coming off in 1lb or less and I was having around 65 syns a week - I gave my consultant my food diarys and she said there was nothing wrong and at the time i wasn't exercising so it wasn't water retention! i went away in April for 2 weeks and came back and had gained 10 1/2 lb ( what I had lost and a bit more) so for the past 4 weeks I have been having roughly 30 syns a week and have lost 12lb in total :)

Back