t2g's next step on weight loss journey...

time2go

Gold Member
I have lost an ongoing battle with my vlcd. I was planning on doing my vlcd diet another two weeks before moving onto this diet but I cannot do another week. So here I am. Day off diets today, messed up. Not over eating but also not counting. And going to do all my research tonight before starting this diet tomorrow. My scales r broken at the minute but I weighed on Tuesday at 13.11. I'm not gonna fix my scales just now, going to take this.opportunity to break my bad habit of daily weighing. I will do it for as long as I can. I am gonna assume a water gain of 3 lbs so that would take me up 14 start weight.

I started my weight loss journey at 21stone in September..I lost some through giving birth and cutting back but I have also been on and of my vlcd diet from November until now. I have started running 2 weeks ago now and I just feel ready to move onto a different diet. This one sounds too good to be true lol but let's see...

Any hints and tips would be wonderful xxx

Hi t2g and welcome. Congregations on your fantastic loss so far. I'm pretty new to JUDDD and haven't lost anything yet so I'll leave the advice to the experts on here for now. Everyone is very friendly and helpful round here. Good luck
X

Ahhhh I've started early! I'm like that lol when my minds set that's it!! Good luck hun we can do this :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

So, on an up day I've to have 3010 calories??? This seems high!?

Ok. There was an error. 2336 that seems more like it

Hi and welcome, well done on your weight loss so far :0clapper:, good idea to do some research before had to dispel any doubts you have, you have to have faith in the diet otherwise you won't take advantage of your UP s for fear of gaining, your body won't recognise the feast/famine regime its in and therefore you will set yourself up to fail ;)
Read the diaries for weight loss I can promise you its not too good to be true, stick to the simple rules and this diet will work for you :)
DD 's are the key in my opinion anyway, be strict its only a day and what ever your craving is only ever a day away. The success or failure of this diet really revolves around them, as you used to a vlcd you should be fine but the reason this diet isn't for everyone is because the DD cals are so low BUT the longer you do it the easier they become, I have grown to love mine now as I know they are what make me lose weight ;)
There are a few of us here who came straight from VLCD t o JUDDD , myself and fizzy both lost 2lbs in that first week and laura (teetiefunk) STS we all expected to gain for the reason you gave but we didn't another good reason to give it a go.
We are only a small bunch but we are all very friendly so any questions don't be afraid to ask :)

Aw thank u! :) so, on a down day is ok to just have one meal of the low calories? And on an up day it is important to get all the calories?! X

Yes basically, stick to under 500 cals or whatever your DD allowance is and eat as close to your UP s as you can ;)

I'm exciting :) I hope it does as it promises. Binged today. I kinda excused myself, put it down to an off day. Starting tomorrow with a down day! I am currently looking around the forum and its fu of great tips. What about exercise. I started a couch to 5k training programme. Only on week two so not too intense, can I still do this? X

You may find it difficult on your DD, most certainly your first few, but there are some of us who exercise on DD without a problem. Go with it, listen to your body and see what happens.

gentoo/aptenny

Take today as your first day and its an UP you will be well fueled then for your first DD tomorrow x See its easy you have already started x

What r intermediate days? X

ID are for those days when you need more than DD but don't want a full blown UP day. They are sort of emergency days , you can use one when you go over your DD s because you just need to that day or if you have an event but don't want to change the pattern of your days around, for example UP,ID, DD you would aim to consume 1200-1400 cals the sort of amount you would eat on a cal controlled diet. I hope that makes sense x
Have a good day today x

This diet really does seem too good to be true! My run was due yesterday but I never had a sitter. Thought I would go today but it is absolutely pelting from the skies :-? Still considering. Surely a bad run is better than no run??

Struggling to get out my vlcd head...

It's hard lol so am I, I feel like I'm doing something really naughty eating something simple like spaghetti on toast!!! Having homemade burger and Mexican wedges tonight, dear god don't know how I will cope lol

I'm sure we will soon get used to it xxxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I'm on a down day today and I was getting a little hungry and it took ages to occur to me I cud have a bit of fruit. Didn't though, got past it.

I love wedges and burgers. One of my favourite meals. And ny husband makes the most amazing homemade wedges :) u enjoy xxx

Oh hey! Have u started a diary? X

Back