T4A's Diary -1 x 100% day under my belt

time4action

I thought I'd start a diary to keep me on track. I am very much going this alone and have very few people to talk to regarding the food issues that I tend to face on a day to day basis.

I quite often think, "why is it always about food, why is it at breakfast time I'm fantasising about what's for lunch and at lunchtime I'm dreaming about what to have for dinner". I mean I know its good to plan ahead but jeez, I seem to constantly think about food.

I am 16 stone 3lbs and only just over 5ft. I was shopping in M & S the other day for a new pair of work trousers and caught a glimpse of me in a mirror and jeez I looked like a wigwam. Little head and then this draping of fabric covering my very round frame. I so, very much, want to fit into the piles of clothes that fill my wardrobed and drawers and wear the fabulous shoes that I have tucked under the bed, and to be able to buy underwear that doesnt come with assembly instructions...........

I heard a quote yesterday that I thought was very apt.......... Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway..........thats sorta how I feel right now. I'm scared, scared every day that some disease is going to attack my body because I abuse it so. Scared that I'll be destined to live the rest of my life alone because no one wants the fat chick. Damn thats a depressing thought.

So I'm back here, throwing my thoughts down in this diary. If you've read my first post, then thanks, feel free to comment and I look forward to the journey ahead of me knowing that here, at least, people understand.

T4A xxx

Good luck....
Please dont feel your alone, if you ever need anyone to talk to i am here to listen to you.
All the best along the way xx

Good Luck bean!

You can do this! We are all here for each other!

I know what ya mean about the fantasing about lunch then dinner etc!

xxxx

So my WII fit is set up (thanks to my darling son). So far I've stepped, ran, hula hooped, ski jumped and the rest and I'm exhausted but oh my goodness what fun we've had.

I wonder how much of a difference this is actually gonna make. If nothing else, its got me off the couch hehe !

I'm looking forward to trying out the yoga and muscle sections, but thats for tomorrow night when I'm home alone.

Initial verdict - gets you moving and is a lot of fun ....... long may that last :D

Yes Gemma, the step is good, I'm hoping it unlocks different step routines as I go on.

I had an idea last night of getting my little trampoline out for the running section as I think that would be an additional benefit and make the running in a spot thing seem more realistic. I used my trampette thing years ago and used to jog for up to an hr on it and it really worked up quite a sweat.

I think I'll try that and see if it makes a difference.

I think for the time being I'm going to concentrate on trying to be more active whilst following the principals of SW and see how it goes. Its definately an improvement from the "out of control" way I've been over the past months.

Goal for next week - to fit into my jeans again, I WILL NOT SPEND ANY MONEY ON NEW CLOTHES !!!!!!!

Thats all for now, have a great day ladies :D (and gents!)

T4A xx

Hi, you seem very determined hun, stick with that attitude and you will get there. The wii fit is fab isn't it, i love the step one too. You can do this!!! And you will be back into your jeans in no time. Keep it up xx

We can do this, i think its funny when i am running on the spot!
I seem to be unlocking more tasks as i go on which is good, i am gonna try and do 1 hour each day on the wii as im sure that will help.

1 hr a day on the WII must help. I know the WII is no substitute for the gym or full cardo excersise but that 1 hr that I will try to do on the WII would be an hr that I would be curled up on the couch with a tube of pringles, so thats got to be better...........

I am completely rubbish at keeping a diary!!!!

Its been almost a week since I had my revelation that my clothes were not going to expand any more and that something had to be done. Since then I've been out and purchased a WII Fit (which I must say has been marvellous) and tried to get my head into gear with food (ish). I dont think I'm quite there yet.

Tomorrow is weigh in day and I feel no different. The black trousers I have on to work today are still hugging me with a vice like grip. I can almost hear the material groan as I sit down. Poor trousers!

I still have my goal of 1 st by 25th May firmly in my sights so onwards and upwards as my mother used to say!

As I've just posted in the main thread, I cant go it alone. Its just not working for me.

I came home last night and made some oven chips, sandwiched them in white bread and butter............ WHY !!!!!! How stupid was that, completely and utterly idiotic.

So tonight I'm going to join a local class, I can actually walk there if the rain stops and get some much needed excersise to boot.

I have so much to look forward to this year and I'm just spoiling it for myself by being so stupid. I wont give in and just think "ok i'm fat therefor i'm meant to be fat"........I just wont let myself think that.

Every piece of clothing I own bulges under the strain and its just not funny any more.

Ok I've ranted enough, I'm off to deal with some plumbers that are in my house this morning and then going to jump on my WII for some jogging and stepping.

Have a great day !

T4A x

So this is D Day and Day 1 of my new start.

Went to class last night and I'm so pleased I rejoined. The leader was lovely ( a sort of no mess, no nonsense kind of leader) and that suits me fine.

Extra Easy sounds fab. The thought of being able to have some baby new pots with a steak or chicken or havin spag bol with real lean mince instead of quorn is going to make a massive difference to the way I eat.

I can still realistically meet my first target of losing a stone by 25th May.

So today I'm feeling good.

Hurrah !

Yay good on you girl, Extra Easy is fab, i love it. You WILL meet your target of 1 stone my May, stick with it hun xxx

Good luck with the extra easy, i tend to stick to red and green as i seem to loose more on this but we are all so different. Good luck x

I think I might just use Extra Easy at the weekends where I find it more difficult to plan. During the week I think it will be easier to do red/green. I just wish I could feel fuller and less hungry on Green grrrrrr !

Week 1 is going ok, better than I thought.

Last time I did SW I really felt like I got stuck in a rut of eating the same old things all the time and this time I really needed to get my head around trying new things and finding a way to have RED days without feeling hungry.

Since I restarted on Wed, I've had red days every day and enjoyed them. I've tried to keep busy (work and WII Fit) and I bought weetabix so that I could have something different for breakfast. Previously I wouldnt touch weetabix as it just made me go eewwwwww! but I've been chopping an apple in it and its not been too bad.

So hurrah ! for changes.

I'm off now to a family wedding and have some chopped cooked chicken for the car and a boiled egg and then will have to be selective what I have later from the buffet/meal.

Have a lovely weekend everyone xxx

Well I survived the wedding and almost kept to the plan all weekend. Sat driving up I had prepared a packed lunch of chicken salad and while my darling son was munching away on his cheeze and tomato sandwiches, I was happy with my salad and yoghurt.

The buffet at the wedding wasnt much to write home about really but I had a couple of sandwiches with egg filling and a ham one and left most of the bread then had some chicken things on sticks and 2 vodkas.

Yesterday was a bit of a rubbish day though as I didnt eat much at all. Had a baked pot at my sisters before heading home and then when I got home all I wanted was chocolate and found 5 cadbury's heros in the kitchen which i scoffed. The reason for the choc craving arrived this morning so I dont feel too bad.

Back to weetabix this morning with chopped banana, and an omelette for lunch.

Cant wait till weigh in on Wed because it will be nice to have a loss after so many weeks of procrastinating.

Hope everyone else on SW is well xxx

Back